IFT Student

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• IFT Student

• striker

Hurray !!!!! B) Okay first a few notes: 1). If tomorrow you start up Slackware and are not connected do

# /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart

and you should be online ( maybe it is not needed, but you never know B) )2). Have a look at the /etc/wgetrc fileThere are 2 lines in that file:

Take out the # signs at the start of those lines and change the values. Then save the file and try the wget command again to test if wget works with those settings.3). Look at the Swaret Tips what changes you have to make to the /etc/swaret.conf( Note: the chances are we need additional tweaks on Swaret to make it work with the remote server . . . OR make it work with a local directory where we download updates and files ):'( Bruno

The results of the first option
root@localhost:/home/ift# wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swaret/swaret-1.6.2-noarch-1.tgz.tar--13:15:47--  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swaret/swaret-1.6.2-noarch-1.tgz.tar		   => `swaret-1.6.2-noarch-1.tgz.tar'Resolving proxy.yoyodyne.com... failed: Name or service not known.root@localhost:/home/ift#

I tried uncommenting the proxy lines. Those are the results.The only thing I did to swaret.conf was make it swaret.conf instead of swaret.conf.newso i guess ill do some reading. B)

Hi StudentIn the /etc/swaret.conf there is a line:VERSION=9.1make that VERSION=11.0And "EXCLUDE=alsa"

# Basic Exclude # EXCLUDE=kernel EXCLUDE=lilo swaret EXCLUDE=MANIFEST.bz2$ EXCLUDE=-*dl$ -*PACKAGER$ -*MYBUILD$ EXCLUDE=alsa <----------------------------------------------- add this one !!
And for resolving dependencies, replace these lines:
DEP_ROOT=http://www.swaret.org/swaretDEP_ROOT=ftp://ftp.swaret.org/swaret
With:
DEP_ROOT=http://swaret.sourceforge.net/libraries-$VERSION
B) Bruno

Resolving proxy.yoyodyne.com... failed: Name or service not known.
I see in that error message that you did not adapt the address of the proxy !!B) Bruno

so i should change to what? 10.1.1.10:1080?
Yep on both lines . . . . just to be sure show me the file after the edit B)
# cat /etc/wgetrc

B) Bruno

The only thing I'm not sure about is the "/" at the end of address. It was in there so I did not remove it

# You can set the default proxies for Wget to use for http and ftp.# They will override the value in the environment.http_proxy = 10.1.1.10:1080/ftp_proxy = 10.1.1.10:1080/

# You can set the default proxies for Wget to use for http and ftp.# They will override the value in the environment.http_proxy = 10.1.1.10:1080/ftp_proxy = 10.1.1.10:1080/
Nope that will not do . . . make it :
# You can set the default proxies for Wget to use for http and ftp.# They will override the value in the environment.http_proxy = http://10.1.1.10:1080/ftp_proxy = http://10.1.1.10:1080/

B) Bruno

Ok it's done now, but we'll have to work on it more tomorrow around noon because class is letting out. So cya tomorrow

# You can set the default proxies for Wget to use for http and ftp.# They will override the value in the environment.http_proxy =http:// 10.1.1.10:1080/ftp_proxy =http:// 10.1.1.10:1080/

Thanks again, you have been tremendous help.

Okay see you tomorrow !Until then I have some food for thought: . . . I found this:

The only authentication SOCKSv4 supports is the authentication based on Ident protocol. Basically client tells the server who he is, and server verifies it with the identd daemon running on the client machine. This technique works fine when proxy is used to let people on local network have access to the Internet. But it is not suitable when proxy is used to let people from the outside in.
( Source: http://jsocks.sourceforge.net/SOCKSLib.html#client_app )What do you think ? Would installing "Identd" solve the problem ? . . . And are we up to this: http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/LinuxGu...nux-identd.html ??BUT: If our wgetrc tweak worked . . we will not need this ;)B) Bruno

Not sure but we're up for the task if you are. Sounds like fun and I look forward to doing it later on today :w00t: I'll do the wgetrc tweak later and give u results also.

Well just an update, Booted up and no network. Hmm, I began to wonder. so I did /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart hoping this would be a quick and easy solution. Nope nothing. No network response. Would only render a MAC address. I began to get very disheartened when I realized a few co-students and an administrator behind me laughing. Hahahaha they had unplugged the ethernet cable. How funny. Just thought I'd let you know the slack machine is still going strong besides a minor joke/mishap by my fellow students/administrator.

LOL . . . I was reading those first few lines and thought . . "Oh Noooo !" . . . LOL . . . well they had us both there ! . . . But you wait, we will get them back some day !!Anyway . . . . Looks like we will have an easy time doing the identd tweaks ( the package is a .tgz made for Slackware, so installing will be much easier then described on the website I posted ) . . . let us just hope that SOCKSv4 will behave the way it should after we are done tweaking.How about the wgetrc ?? . . . What's the news ?:w00t: Bruno

Hi IFT PenguinJust wget the swaret file we tried a few posts back . . I just want to see if wget works ( downloads the file to your /home directory ) after the changes you made to the wgertrc file.:thumbsup: Bruno

Having a rough day but these are the results...I think

ift@localhost:~$ wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swaret/swaret-1.6.2-noarch-1.tgz.tar--14:12:18--  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swaret/swaret-1.6.2-noarch-1.tgz.tar		   => `swaret-1.6.2-noarch-1.tgz.tar'Resolving  10.1.1.10... failed: Name or service not known.ift@localhost:~$

Hahahaha....Another dumb response by the computer <hints at signature> Here is what it said.

root@localhost:/home/ift# installpkg identd-masquerade.tgzCannot install identd-masquerade.tgz: package does not end in .tgzroot@localhost:/home/ift#

??? . . . I hate when that happens . . LOL . . Try

# mv identd-masquerade.tgz identd-masquerade.tgz# installpkg identd-masquerade.tgz

:thumbsup: Bruno

Hi IFT PenguinI guess your school-day is near to an end . . and that the weekend is close :thumbsup: . . . . here are instructions for Monday:- if this does not work:

# mv identd-masquerade.tgz identd-masquerade.tgz# installpkg identd-masquerade.tgz

- Then try this:

$ tar -zxvf identd-masquerade.tgz$ cd identd$ make$ su<password># make install

After installing the package in either 2 ways . . . . . First we make backups of the file we need to edit:

# cp /etc/services /etc/services-BACKUP# cp /etc/inetd.conf /etc/inetd.conf-BACKUP

Next show me:

# cat /etc/services# cat /etc/inetd.conf

After that I will post the exact edits you have to make to those files.Wishing all the penguins at IFT a nice weekend !!;) BrunoPS: I just had a look at the konqueror browser . . . and it seems to have SOCKS support . . . . would you mind to have a look: "Settings" --> "Configure Konqueror" --> "Proxy" --> 2nd tab = "SOCKS" . . . . maybe try the "autodetect" function there ??This is because downloading in Konqueror is so much better then in Firefox, and probably after that we can use Kget to do FTP work.

Ok we're back bright and early monday morning. Only replying to the p.s. in konqueror it has 3 socks options if I remember correctly. NEC, Dante, and Autodetect I think. It won't autodetect and can't use NEC or Dante so not sure what we can do there sorry. We'll be back later and try the identd situation out. :D

Okay IFT Penguin . . . . . Sorry that Konqueror does not have the SOCKS support . . . so we will try the ident.d again.Maybe first download a fresh ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/da...-masquerade.tgz and try once more to "installpkg identd-masquerade.tgz" just to see if on Modeay it sees it as a tgz package or not.If not, let me know and I will post instructions for alternative install.:thumbsup: Bruno

Ok Bruno,Here are the results of cat /etc/inetd.conf

root@localhost:/home/ift/Desktop# cat /etc/inetd.conf# See "man 8 inetd" for more information.## If you make changes to this file, either reboot your machine or send the# inetd a HUP signal:# Do a "ps x" as root and look up the pid of inetd. Then do a# "kill -HUP <pid of inetd>".# The inetd will re-read this file whenever it gets that signal.## <service_name> <sock_type> <proto> <flags> <user> <server_path> <args>## The first 4 services are really only used for debugging purposes, so# we comment them out since they can otherwise be used for some nasty# denial-of-service attacks.  If you need them, uncomment them.# echo		  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# echo		  dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal# discard	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# discard	   dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal# daytime	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# daytime	   dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal# chargen	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# chargen	   dgram   udp	 wait	root	internaltime			stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internaltime			dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal## These are standard services:## Very Secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.#ftp	 stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  vsftpd## Professional File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.#ftp	 stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  proftpd## Telnet server:#telnet stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd## The comsat daemon notifies the user of new mail when biff is set to y:comsat		dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.comsat## Shell, login, exec and talk are BSD protocols##shell  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rshd -L#login  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rlogind# exec  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rexecd# talk  dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.talkd#ntalk  dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.talkd## To use the talk daemons from KDE, comment the talk and ntalk lines above# and uncomment the ones below:# talk	dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /opt/kde/bin/kotalkd# ntalk   dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /opt/kde/bin/ktalkd## Kerberos authenticated services## klogin		stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rlogind -k# eklogin	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rlogind -k -x# kshell		stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rshd -k## Services run ONLY on the Kerberos server## krbupdate	 stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  registerd# kpasswd	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  kpasswdd## POP and IMAP mail servers## Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) server:#pop3	stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/popa3d# Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server:#imap2   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  imapd## The Internet Unix to Unix copy (UUCP) service:# uucp  stream  tcp	 nowait  uucp	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/lib/uucp/uucico	-l## Tftp service is provided primarily for booting.  Most sites# run this only on machines acting as "boot servers."# tftp  dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/in.tftpd  in.tftpd -s /tftpboot -r blksize## Internet Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server:# bootps		dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/bootpd		bootpd## Finger, systat and netstat give out user information which may be# valuable to potential "system crackers."  Many sites choose to disable# some or all of these services to improve security.# Try "telnet localhost systat" and "telnet localhost netstat" to see that# information yourself!#finger stream  tcp	 nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.fingerd -u# systat		stream  tcp	 nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /bin/ps -auwwx# netstat	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /bin/netstat	-a## Ident service is used for net authenticationauth	stream  tcp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/in.identd	 in.identd## These are to start Samba, an smb server that can export filesystems to# Pathworks, Lanmanager for DOS, Windows for Workgroups, Windows95, Lanmanager# for Windows, Lanmanager for OS/2, Windows NT, etc.# If you're running smbd and nmbd as daemons in /etc/rc.d/rc.samba, then you# shouldn't uncomment these lines.#netbios-ssn	stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/smbd  smbd#netbios-ns	 dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/nmbd  nmbd##Samba Web Administration Tool:#swat		   stream  tcp	 nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat  swat## Sun-RPC based services.# <service name/version><sock_type><rpc/prot><flags><user><server><args># rstatd/1-3	dgram   rpc/udp wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rpc.rstatd# rusersd/2-3   dgram   rpc/udp wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rpc.rusersd# walld/1	   dgram   rpc/udp wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rpc.rwalld## End of inetd.conf.root@localhost:/home/ift/Desktop#

The cat /etc/services are coming soonHere are the results of cat /etc/services

mdqs			666/tcpmdqs			666/udp#PROBLEMS!===============================================doom			666/tcp	#doom Id Softwaredoom			666/udp	#doom Id Software#PROBLEMS!===============================================acap			674/tcp	#Application Configuration Access Protocolacap			674/udp	#Application Configuration Access Protocolelcsd		   704/tcp	#errlog copy/server daemonelcsd		   704/udp	#errlog copy/server daemonentrustmanager  709/tcp	#EntrustManagerentrustmanager  709/udp	#EntrustManagernetviewdm1	  729/tcp	#IBM NetView DM/6000 Server/Clientnetviewdm1	  729/udp	#IBM NetView DM/6000 Server/Clientnetviewdm2	  730/tcp	#IBM NetView DM/6000 send/tcpnetviewdm2	  730/udp	#IBM NetView DM/6000 send/tcpnetviewdm3	  731/tcp	#IBM NetView DM/6000 receive/tcpnetviewdm3	  731/udp	#IBM NetView DM/6000 receive/tcpnetgw		   741/tcpnetgw		   741/udpnetrcs		  742/tcp	#Network based Rev. Cont. Sys.netrcs		  742/udp	#Network based Rev. Cont. Sys.flexlm		  744/tcp	#Flexible License Managerflexlm		  744/udp	#Flexible License Managerfujitsu-dev	 747/tcp	#Fujitsu Device Controlfujitsu-dev	 747/udp	#Fujitsu Device Controlris-cm		  748/tcp	#Russell Info Sci Calendar Managerris-cm		  748/udp	#Russell Info Sci Calendar Managerkerberos-adm	749/tcp	#Kerberos administration (v5)kerberos-adm	749/udp	#Kerberos administration (v5)kerberos-iv	 750/udp	kdc		  # Kerberos (v4)kerberos-iv	 750/tcp	kdc		  # Kerberos (v4)#PROBLEMS!========================================================#rfile		  750/tcp#loadav		 750/udp#PROBLEMS!========================================================kerberos_master 751/tcp	# Kerberos `kadmin' (v4)kerberos_master 751/udp	# Kerberos `kadmin' (v4)#PROBLEMS!========================================================pump			751/tcppump			751/udp#PROBLEMS!========================================================qrh			 752/tcpqrh			 752/udprrh			 753/tcprrh			 753/udpkrb_prop		754/tcp	krb5_prop	# kerberos/v5 server propagation#PROBLEMS!========================================================tell			754/tcp	#send#PROBLEMS!========================================================tell			754/udp	#sendnlogin		  758/tcpnlogin		  758/udpcon			 759/tcpcon			 759/udpkrbupdate	   760/tcp	kreg		 # Kerberos (v4) registration#PROBLEMS!========================================================ns			  760/tcp#PROBLEMS!========================================================ns			  760/udpkpasswd		 761/tcp	kpwd		 # Kerberos (v4) "passwd"#PROBLEMS!========================================================rxe			 761/tcp#PROBLEMS!========================================================rxe			 761/udpquotad		  762/tcpquotad		  762/udpcycleserv	   763/tcpcycleserv	   763/udpomserv		  764/tcpomserv		  764/udpwebster		 765/tcpwebster		 765/udpphonebook	   767/tcp	#phonephonebook	   767/udp	#phonevid			 769/tcpvid			 769/udpcadlock		 770/tcpcadlock		 770/udprtip			771/tcprtip			771/udpcycleserv2	  772/tcpcycleserv2	  772/udpsubmit		  773/tcpnotify		  773/udprpasswd		 774/tcpacmaint_dbd	 774/udpentomb		  775/tcpacmaint_transd  775/udpwpages		  776/tcpwpages		  776/udpwpgs			780/tcpwpgs			780/udpconcert		 786/tcpconcert		 786/udpmdbs_daemon	 800/tcpmdbs_daemon	 800/udpdevice		  801/tcpdevice		  801/udpsupfilesrv	  871/tcp	# for SUPrsync		   873/tcprsync		   873/udpaccessbuilder   888/tcpaccessbuilder   888/udpswat			901/tcp	# samba web configuration toolrndc			953/tcp	# named's rndc control socketftps-data	   989/tcp	# ftp protocol, data, over TLS/SSLftps-data	   989/udpftps			990/tcp	# ftp protocol, control, over TLS/SSLftps			990/udptelnets		 992/tcp	# telnet protocol over TLS/SSLtelnets		 992/udpimaps		   993/tcp	# imap4 protocol over TLS/SSLimaps		   993/udpircs			994/tcp	# irc protocol over TLS/SSLircs			994/udppop3s		   995/tcp	spop3		# pop3 protocol over TLS/SSLpop3s		   995/udp	spop3vsinet		  996/tcpvsinet		  996/udpmaitrd		  997/tcpmaitrd		  997/udpbusboy		  998/tcppuparp		  998/udpgarcon		  999/tcpapplix		  999/udp	#Applix acpuprouter	   999/tcppuprouter	   999/udpcadlock2		1000/tcpcadlock2		1000/udp## REGISTERED PORT NUMBERS#blackjack	   1025/tcp   #network blackjackblackjack	   1025/udp   #network blackjackiad1			1030/tcp   #BBN IADiad1			1030/udp   #BBN IADiad2			1031/tcp   #BBN IADiad2			1031/udp   #BBN IADiad3			1032/tcp   #BBN IADiad3			1032/udp   #BBN IADnim			 1058/tcpnim			 1058/udpnimreg		  1059/tcpnimreg		  1059/udpinstl_boots	 1067/tcp   #Installation Bootstrap Proto. Serv.instl_boots	 1067/udp   #Installation Bootstrap Proto. Serv.instl_bootc	 1068/tcp   #Installation Bootstrap Proto. Cli.instl_bootc	 1068/udp   #Installation Bootstrap Proto. Cli.socks		   1080/tcpsocks		   1080/udpansoft-lm-1	 1083/tcp   #Anasoft License Manageransoft-lm-1	 1083/udp   #Anasoft License Manageransoft-lm-2	 1084/tcp   #Anasoft License Manageransoft-lm-2	 1084/udp   #Anasoft License Managerwebobjects	  1085/tcp   #Web Objectswebobjects	  1085/udp   #Web Objectskpop			1109/tcp   #Unofficialkpop			1109/udp   #Unofficialnfsd-status	 1110/tcp   #Cluster status infonfsd-keepalive  1110/udp   #Client status infosupfiledbg	  1127/tcp   # for SUPnfa			 1155/tcp   #Network File Accessnfa			 1155/udp   #Network File Accessphone		   1167/udp   #conference callingskkserv		 1178/tcp   #SKK (kanji input)lupa			1212/tcplupa			1212/udpnerv			1222/tcp   #SNI R&D networknerv			1222/udp   #SNI R&D networkhermes		  1248/tcphermes		  1248/udphealthd		 1281/tcp   #healthdhealthd		 1281/udp   #healthdalta-ana-lm	 1346/tcp   #Alta Analytics License Manageralta-ana-lm	 1346/udp   #Alta Analytics License Managerbbn-mmc		 1347/tcp   #multi media conferencingbbn-mmc		 1347/udp   #multi media conferencingbbn-mmx		 1348/tcp   #multi media conferencingbbn-mmx		 1348/udp   #multi media conferencingsbook		   1349/tcp   #Registration Network Protocolsbook		   1349/udp   #Registration Network Protocoleditbench	   1350/tcp   #Registration Network Protocoleditbench	   1350/udp   #Registration Network Protocolequationbuilder 1351/tcp   #Digital Tool Works (MIT)equationbuilder 1351/udp   #Digital Tool Works (MIT)lotusnote	   1352/tcp   #Lotus Notelotusnote	   1352/udp   #Lotus Noterelief		  1353/tcp   #Relief Consultingrelief		  1353/udp   #Relief Consultingrightbrain	  1354/tcp   #RightBrain Softwarerightbrain	  1354/udp   #RightBrain Softwareintuitive-edge  1355/tcp   #Intuitive Edgeintuitive-edge  1355/udp   #Intuitive Edgecuillamartin	1356/tcp   #CuillaMartin Companycuillamartin	1356/udp   #CuillaMartin Companypegboard		1357/tcp   #Electronic PegBoardpegboard		1357/udp   #Electronic PegBoardconnlcli		1358/tcpconnlcli		1358/udpftsrv		   1359/tcpftsrv		   1359/udpmimer		   1360/tcpmimer		   1360/udplinx			1361/tcplinx			1361/udptimeflies	   1362/tcptimeflies	   1362/udpndm-requester   1363/tcp   #Network DataMover Requesterndm-requester   1363/udp   #Network DataMover Requesterndm-server	  1364/tcp   #Network DataMover Serverndm-server	  1364/udp   #Network DataMover Serveradapt-sna	   1365/tcp   #Network Software Associatesadapt-sna	   1365/udp   #Network Software Associatesnetware-csp	 1366/tcp   #Novell NetWare Comm Service Platformnetware-csp	 1366/udp   #Novell NetWare Comm Service Platformdcs			 1367/tcpdcs			 1367/udpscreencast	  1368/tcpscreencast	  1368/udpgv-us		   1369/tcp   #GlobalView to Unix Shellgv-us		   1369/udp   #GlobalView to Unix Shellus-gv		   1370/tcp   #Unix Shell to GlobalViewus-gv		   1370/udp   #Unix Shell to GlobalViewfc-cli		  1371/tcp   #Fujitsu Config Protocolfc-cli		  1371/udp   #Fujitsu Config Protocolfc-ser		  1372/tcp   #Fujitsu Config Protocolfc-ser		  1372/udp   #Fujitsu Config Protocolchromagrafx	 1373/tcpchromagrafx	 1373/udpmolly		   1374/tcp   #EPI Software Systemsmolly		   1374/udp   #EPI Software Systemsbytex		   1375/tcpbytex		   1375/udpibm-pps		 1376/tcp   #IBM Person to Person Softwareibm-pps		 1376/udp   #IBM Person to Person Softwarecichlid		 1377/tcp   #Cichlid License Managercichlid		 1377/udp   #Cichlid License Managerelan			1378/tcp   #Elan License Managerelan			1378/udp   #Elan License Managerdbreporter	  1379/tcp   #Integrity Solutionsdbreporter	  1379/udp   #Integrity Solutionstelesis-licman  1380/tcp   #Telesis Network License Managertelesis-licman  1380/udp   #Telesis Network License Managerapple-licman	1381/tcp   #Apple Network License Managerapple-licman	1381/udp   #Apple Network License Manager#udt_os		 1382/tcp#udt_os		 1382/udpgwha			1383/tcp   #GW Hannaway Network License Managergwha			1383/udp   #GW Hannaway Network License Manageros-licman	   1384/tcp   #Objective Solutions License Manageros-licman	   1384/udp   #Objective Solutions License Manageratex_elmd	   1385/tcp   #Atex Publishing License Manageratex_elmd	   1385/udp   #Atex Publishing License Managerchecksum		1386/tcp   #CheckSum License Managerchecksum		1386/udp   #CheckSum License Managercadsi-lm		1387/tcp   #Computer Aided Design Software Inc LMcadsi-lm		1387/udp   #Computer Aided Design Software Inc LMobjective-dbc   1388/tcp   #Objective Solutions DataBase Cacheobjective-dbc   1388/udp   #Objective Solutions DataBase Cacheiclpv-dm		1389/tcp   #Document Managericlpv-dm		1389/udp   #Document Managericlpv-sc		1390/tcp   #Storage Controllericlpv-sc		1390/udp   #Storage Controllericlpv-sas	   1391/tcp   #Storage Access Servericlpv-sas	   1391/udp   #Storage Access Servericlpv-pm		1392/tcp   #Print Managericlpv-pm		1392/udp   #Print Managericlpv-nls	   1393/tcp   #Network Log Servericlpv-nls	   1393/udp   #Network Log Servericlpv-nlc	   1394/tcp   #Network Log Clienticlpv-nlc	   1394/udp   #Network Log Clienticlpv-wsm	   1395/tcp   #PC Workstation Manager softwareiclpv-wsm	   1395/udp   #PC Workstation Manager softwaredvl-activemail  1396/tcp   #DVL Active Maildvl-activemail  1396/udp   #DVL Active Mailaudio-activmail 1397/tcp   #Audio Active Mailaudio-activmail 1397/udp   #Audio Active Mailvideo-activmail 1398/tcp   #Video Active Mailvideo-activmail 1398/udp   #Video Active Mailcadkey-licman   1399/tcp   #Cadkey License Managercadkey-licman   1399/udp   #Cadkey License Managercadkey-tablet   1400/tcp   #Cadkey Tablet Daemoncadkey-tablet   1400/udp   #Cadkey Tablet Daemongoldleaf-licman 1401/tcp   #Goldleaf License Managergoldleaf-licman 1401/udp   #Goldleaf License Managerprm-sm-np	   1402/tcp   #Prospero Resource Managerprm-sm-np	   1402/udp   #Prospero Resource Managerprm-nm-np	   1403/tcp   #Prospero Resource Managerprm-nm-np	   1403/udp   #Prospero Resource Managerigi-lm		  1404/tcp   #Infinite Graphics License Managerigi-lm		  1404/udp   #Infinite Graphics License Manageribm-res		 1405/tcp   #IBM Remote Execution Starteribm-res		 1405/udp   #IBM Remote Execution Starternetlabs-lm	  1406/tcp   #NetLabs License Managernetlabs-lm	  1406/udp   #NetLabs License Managerdbsa-lm		 1407/tcp   #DBSA License Managerdbsa-lm		 1407/udp   #DBSA License Managersophia-lm	   1408/tcp   #Sophia License Managersophia-lm	   1408/udp   #Sophia License Managerhere-lm		 1409/tcp   #Here License Managerhere-lm		 1409/udp   #Here License Managerhiq			 1410/tcp   #HiQ License Managerhiq			 1410/udp   #HiQ License Manageraf			  1411/tcp   #AudioFileaf			  1411/udp   #AudioFileinnosys		 1412/tcpinnosys		 1412/udpinnosys-acl	 1413/tcpinnosys-acl	 1413/udpibm-mqseries	1414/tcp   #IBM MQSeriesibm-mqseries	1414/udp   #IBM MQSeriesdbstar		  1415/tcpdbstar		  1415/udpnovell-lu6.2	1416/tcp   #Novell LU6.2novell-lu6.2	1416/udp   #Novell LU6.2timbuktu-srv1   1417/tcp   #Timbuktu Service 1 Porttimbuktu-srv1   1417/udp   #Timbuktu Service 1 Porttimbuktu-srv2   1418/tcp   #Timbuktu Service 2 Porttimbuktu-srv2   1418/udp   #Timbuktu Service 2 Porttimbuktu-srv3   1419/tcp   #Timbuktu Service 3 Porttimbuktu-srv3   1419/udp   #Timbuktu Service 3 Porttimbuktu-srv4   1420/tcp   #Timbuktu Service 4 Porttimbuktu-srv4   1420/udp   #Timbuktu Service 4 Portgandalf-lm	  1421/tcp   #Gandalf License Managergandalf-lm	  1421/udp   #Gandalf License Managerautodesk-lm	 1422/tcp   #Autodesk License Managerautodesk-lm	 1422/udp   #Autodesk License Manageressbase		 1423/tcp   #Essbase Arbor Softwareessbase		 1423/udp   #Essbase Arbor Softwarehybrid		  1424/tcp   #Hybrid Encryption Protocolhybrid		  1424/udp   #Hybrid Encryption Protocolzion-lm		 1425/tcp   #Zion Software License Managerzion-lm		 1425/udp   #Zion Software License Managersas-1		   1426/tcp   #Satellite-data Acquisition System 1sas-1		   1426/udp   #Satellite-data Acquisition System 1mloadd		  1427/tcp   #mloadd monitoring toolmloadd		  1427/udp   #mloadd monitoring toolinformatik-lm   1428/tcp   #Informatik License Managerinformatik-lm   1428/udp   #Informatik License Managernms			 1429/tcp   #Hypercom NMSnms			 1429/udp   #Hypercom NMStpdu			1430/tcp   #Hypercom TPDUtpdu			1430/udp   #Hypercom TPDUrgtp			1431/tcp   #Reverse Gossip Transportrgtp			1431/udp   #Reverse Gossip Transportblueberry-lm	1432/tcp   #Blueberry Software License Managerblueberry-lm	1432/udp   #Blueberry Software License Managerms-sql-s		1433/tcp   #Microsoft-SQL-Serverms-sql-s		1433/udp   #Microsoft-SQL-Serverms-sql-m		1434/tcp   #Microsoft-SQL-Monitorms-sql-m		1434/udp   #Microsoft-SQL-Monitoribm-cics		1435/tcpibm-cics		1435/udpsas-2		   1436/tcp   #Satellite-data Acquisition System 2sas-2		   1436/udp   #Satellite-data Acquisition System 2tabula		  1437/tcptabula		  1437/udpeicon-server	1438/tcp   #Eicon Security Agent/Servereicon-server	1438/udp   #Eicon Security Agent/Servereicon-x25	   1439/tcp   #Eicon X25/SNA Gatewayeicon-x25	   1439/udp   #Eicon X25/SNA Gatewayeicon-slp	   1440/tcp   #Eicon Service Location Protocoleicon-slp	   1440/udp   #Eicon Service Location Protocolcadis-1		 1441/tcp   #Cadis License Managementcadis-1		 1441/udp   #Cadis License Managementcadis-2		 1442/tcp   #Cadis License Managementcadis-2		 1442/udp   #Cadis License Managementies-lm		  1443/tcp   #Integrated Engineering Softwareies-lm		  1443/udp   #Integrated Engineering Softwaremarcam-lm	   1444/tcp   #Marcam  License Managementmarcam-lm	   1444/udp   #Marcam  License Managementproxima-lm	  1445/tcp   #Proxima License Managerproxima-lm	  1445/udp   #Proxima License Managerora-lm		  1446/tcp   #Optical Research Associates License Managerora-lm		  1446/udp   #Optical Research Associates License Managerapri-lm		 1447/tcp   #Applied Parallel Research LMapri-lm		 1447/udp   #Applied Parallel Research LMoc-lm		   1448/tcp   #OpenConnect License Manageroc-lm		   1448/udp   #OpenConnect License Managerpeport		  1449/tcppeport		  1449/udpdwf			 1450/tcp   #Tandem Distributed Workbench Facilitydwf			 1450/udp   #Tandem Distributed Workbench Facilityinfoman		 1451/tcp   #IBM Information Managementinfoman		 1451/udp   #IBM Information Managementgtegsc-lm	   1452/tcp   #GTE Government Systems License Mangtegsc-lm	   1452/udp   #GTE Government Systems License Mangenie-lm		1453/tcp   #Genie License Managergenie-lm		1453/udp   #Genie License Managerinterhdl_elmd   1454/tcp   #interHDL License Managerinterhdl_elmd   1454/udp   #interHDL License Manageresl-lm		  1455/tcp   #ESL License Manageresl-lm		  1455/udp   #ESL License Managerdca			 1456/tcpdca			 1456/udpvalisys-lm	  1457/tcp   #Valisys License Managervalisys-lm	  1457/udp   #Valisys License Managernrcabq-lm	   1458/tcp   #Nichols Research Corp.nrcabq-lm	   1458/udp   #Nichols Research Corp.proshare1	   1459/tcp   #Proshare Notebook Applicationproshare1	   1459/udp   #Proshare Notebook Applicationproshare2	   1460/tcp   #Proshare Notebook Applicationproshare2	   1460/udp   #Proshare Notebook Applicationibm_wrless_lan  1461/tcp   #IBM Wireless LANibm_wrless_lan  1461/udp   #IBM Wireless LANworld-lm		1462/tcp   #World License Managerworld-lm		1462/udp   #World License Managernucleus		 1463/tcpnucleus		 1463/udpmsl_lmd		 1464/tcp   #MSL License Managermsl_lmd		 1464/udp   #MSL License Managerpipes		   1465/tcp   #Pipes Platformpipes		   1465/udp   #Pipes Platform  mfarlin@peerlogic.comoceansoft-lm	1466/tcp   #Ocean Software License Manageroceansoft-lm	1466/udp   #Ocean Software License Managercsdmbase		1467/tcpcsdmbase		1467/udpcsdm			1468/tcpcsdm			1468/udpaal-lm		  1469/tcp   #Active Analysis Limited License Manageraal-lm		  1469/udp   #Active Analysis Limited License Manageruaiact		  1470/tcp   #Universal Analyticsuaiact		  1470/udp   #Universal Analyticscsdmbase		1471/tcpcsdmbase		1471/udpcsdm			1472/tcpcsdm			1472/udpopenmath		1473/tcpopenmath		1473/udptelefinder	  1474/tcptelefinder	  1474/udptaligent-lm	 1475/tcp   #Taligent License Managertaligent-lm	 1475/udp   #Taligent License Managerclvm-cfg		1476/tcpclvm-cfg		1476/udpms-sna-server   1477/tcpms-sna-server   1477/udpms-sna-base	 1478/tcpms-sna-base	 1478/udpdberegister	 1479/tcpdberegister	 1479/udppacerforum	  1480/tcppacerforum	  1480/udpairs			1481/tcpairs			1481/udpmiteksys-lm	 1482/tcp   #Miteksys License Managermiteksys-lm	 1482/udp   #Miteksys License Managerafs			 1483/tcp   #AFS License Managerafs			 1483/udp   #AFS License Managerconfluent	   1484/tcp   #Confluent License Managerconfluent	   1484/udp   #Confluent License Managerlansource	   1485/tcplansource	   1485/udpnms_topo_serv   1486/tcpnms_topo_serv   1486/udplocalinfosrvr   1487/tcplocalinfosrvr   1487/udpdocstor		 1488/tcpdocstor		 1488/udpdmdocbroker	 1489/tcpdmdocbroker	 1489/udpinsitu-conf	 1490/tcpinsitu-conf	 1490/udpanynetgateway   1491/tcpanynetgateway   1491/udpstone-design-1  1492/tcpstone-design-1  1492/udpnetmap_lm	   1493/tcpnetmap_lm	   1493/udpica			 1494/tcpica			 1494/udpcvc			 1495/tcpcvc			 1495/udpliberty-lm	  1496/tcpliberty-lm	  1496/udprfx-lm		  1497/tcprfx-lm		  1497/udpwatcom-sql	  1498/tcpwatcom-sql	  1498/udpfhc			 1499/tcp   #Federico Heinz Consultorafhc			 1499/udp   #Federico Heinz Consultoravlsi-lm		 1500/tcp   #VLSI License Managervlsi-lm		 1500/udp   #VLSI License Managersas-3		   1501/tcp   #Satellite-data Acquisition System 3sas-3		   1501/udp   #Satellite-data Acquisition System 3shivadiscovery  1502/tcp   #Shivashivadiscovery  1502/udp   #Shivaimtc-mcs		1503/tcp   #Databeamimtc-mcs		1503/udp   #Databeamevb-elm		 1504/tcp   #EVB Software Engineering License Managerevb-elm		 1504/udp   #EVB Software Engineering License Managerfunkproxy	   1505/tcp   #Funk Software, Inc.funkproxy	   1505/udp   #Funk Software, Inc.utcd			1506/tcp   #Universal Time daemon (utcd)utcd			1506/udp   #Universal Time daemon (utcd)symplex		 1507/tcpsymplex		 1507/udpdiagmond		1508/tcpdiagmond		1508/udprobcad-lm	   1509/tcp   #Robcad, Ltd. License Managerrobcad-lm	   1509/udp   #Robcad, Ltd. License Managermvx-lm		  1510/tcp   #Midland Valley Exploration Ltd. Lic. Man.mvx-lm		  1510/udp   #Midland Valley Exploration Ltd. Lic. Man.3l-l1		   1511/tcp3l-l1		   1511/udpwins			1512/tcp   #Microsoft's Windows Internet Name Servicewins			1512/udp   #Microsoft's Windows Internet Name Servicefujitsu-dtc	 1513/tcp   #Fujitsu Systems Business of America, Incfujitsu-dtc	 1513/udp   #Fujitsu Systems Business of America, Incfujitsu-dtcns   1514/tcp   #Fujitsu Systems Business of America, Incfujitsu-dtcns   1514/udp   #Fujitsu Systems Business of America, Incifor-protocol   1515/tcpifor-protocol   1515/udpvpad			1516/tcp   #Virtual Places Audio datavpad			1516/udp   #Virtual Places Audio datavpac			1517/tcp   #Virtual Places Audio controlvpac			1517/udp   #Virtual Places Audio controlvpvd			1518/tcp   #Virtual Places Video datavpvd			1518/udp   #Virtual Places Video datavpvc			1519/tcp   #Virtual Places Video controlvpvc			1519/udp   #Virtual Places Video controlatm-zip-office  1520/tcp   #atm zip officeatm-zip-office  1520/udp   #atm zip officencube-lm		1521/tcp   #nCube License Managerncube-lm		1521/udp   #nCube License Managerrna-lm		  1522/tcp   #Ricardo North America License Managerrna-lm		  1522/udp   #Ricardo North America License Managercichild-lm	  1523/tcpcichild-lm	  1523/udpingreslock	  1524/tcp   #ingresingreslock	  1524/udp   #ingresprospero-np	 1525/tcp   #Prospero Directory Service non-privprospero-np	 1525/udp   #Prospero Directory Service non-priv#PROBLEMS!========================================================orasrv		  1525/tcp   #oracleorasrv		  1525/udp   #oracle#PROBLEMS!========================================================pdap-np		 1526/tcp   #Prospero Data Access Prot non-privpdap-np		 1526/udp   #Prospero Data Access Prot non-privtlisrv		  1527/tcp   #oracletlisrv		  1527/udp   #oraclemciautoreg	  1528/tcpmciautoreg	  1528/udpsupport		 1529/tcp   prmsd gnatsd # cygnus bug trackercoauthor		1529/tcp   #oraclecoauthor		1529/udp   #oraclerap-service	 1530/tcprap-service	 1530/udprap-listen	  1531/tcprap-listen	  1531/udpmiroconnect	 1532/tcpmiroconnect	 1532/udpvirtual-places  1533/tcp   #Virtual Places Softwarevirtual-places  1533/udp   #Virtual Places Softwaremicromuse-lm	1534/tcpmicromuse-lm	1534/udpampr-info	   1535/tcpampr-info	   1535/udpampr-inter	  1536/tcpampr-inter	  1536/udpsdsc-lm		 1537/tcpsdsc-lm		 1537/udp3ds-lm		  1538/tcp3ds-lm		  1538/udpintellistor-lm  1539/tcp   #Intellistor License Managerintellistor-lm  1539/udp   #Intellistor License Managerrds			 1540/tcprds			 1540/udprds2			1541/tcprds2			1541/udpgridgen-elmd	1542/tcpgridgen-elmd	1542/udpsimba-cs		1543/tcpsimba-cs		1543/udpaspeclmd		1544/tcpaspeclmd		1544/udpvistium-share   1545/tcpvistium-share   1545/udpabbaccuray	  1546/tcpabbaccuray	  1546/udplaplink		 1547/tcplaplink		 1547/udpaxon-lm		 1548/tcp   #Axon License Manageraxon-lm		 1548/udp   #Axon License Managershivahose	   1549/tcp   #Shiva Hoseshivasound	  1549/udp   #Shiva Sound3m-image-lm	 1550/tcp   #Image Storage license manager 3M Company3m-image-lm	 1550/udp   #Image Storage license manager 3M Companyhecmtl-db	   1551/tcphecmtl-db	   1551/udppciarray		1552/tcppciarray		1552/udpissd			1600/tcpissd			1600/udp# IMPORTANT NOTE: Ports 1645/1646 are the traditional radius ports used by# many vendors without obtaining official IANA assignment.  The official# assignment is now ports 1812/1813 and users are encouraged to migrate# when possible to these new ports.#radius		 1645/udp   #RADIUS authentication protocol (old)#radacct		1646/udp   #RADIUS accounting protocol (old)nkd			 1650/tcpnkd			 1650/udpshiva_confsrvr  1651/tcpshiva_confsrvr  1651/u

Okay Student . . . . here are the first commands in order to install the identd package:

$ tar -zxvf identd-masquerade.tgz$ cd identd$ make$ su< password># make install

If any of these commands fail, please stop and don't do the next one before I have seen the output it gave.:thumbsup: Bruno

Okay, looks like everything went great here are the results.

ift@localhost:~/Desktop$ tar -zxvf identd-masquerade.tgzidentd/identd/IDENT.RFCidentd/INSTALLidentd/Makefileidentd/READMEidentd/README.MASQUERADEidentd/README.origidentd/RFC931identd/identd.8identd/identd.cidentd/identd.c.origift@localhost:~/Desktop$ cd identdift@localhost:~/Desktop/identd$ makecc -O2   -c -o identd.o identd.csucc -s -o identd identd.oift@localhost:~/Desktop/identd$ suPassword:root@localhost:/home/ift/Desktop/identd# make installinstall -c -s -m 555 -o root -g daemon identd /etcinstall -c -m 555 -o bin -g bin identd.8 /usr/man/man8root@localhost:/home/ift/Desktop/identd#

Yep that looks okay indeed.Here is the next part . . . first we make a backup of the file we will edit:

# cp /etc/inetd.conf /etc/inetd.conf-BACKUP

Next make the changes marked in RED to the /etc/inetd.conf file:

# See "man 8 inetd" for more information.## If you make changes to this file, either reboot your machine or send the# inetd a HUP signal:# Do a "ps x" as root and look up the pid of inetd. Then do a# "kill -HUP <pid of inetd>".# The inetd will re-read this file whenever it gets that signal.## <service_name> <sock_type> <proto> <flags> <user> <server_path> <args>## The first 4 services are really only used for debugging purposes, so# we comment them out since they can otherwise be used for some nasty# denial-of-service attacks. If you need them, uncomment them.# echo stream tcp nowait root internal# echo dgram udp wait root internal# discard stream tcp nowait root internal# discard dgram udp wait root internal# daytime stream tcp nowait root internal# daytime dgram udp wait root internal# chargen stream tcp nowait root internal# chargen dgram udp wait root internaltime stream tcp nowait root internaltime dgram udp wait root internal## These are standard services:## Very Secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.#ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd vsftpd## Professional File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.#ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd proftpd## Telnet server:#telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.telnetd## The comsat daemon notifies the user of new mail when biff is set to y:comsat dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.comsat## Shell, login, exec and talk are BSD protocols##shell stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.rshd -L#login stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.rlogind# exec stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.rexecd# talk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.talkd#ntalk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.talkd## To use the talk daemons from KDE, comment the talk and ntalk lines above# and uncomment the ones below:# talk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /opt/kde/bin/kotalkd# ntalk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /opt/kde/bin/ktalkd## Kerberos authenticated services## klogin stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd rlogind -k# eklogin stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd rlogind -k -x# kshell stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd rshd -k## Services run ONLY on the Kerberos server## krbupdate stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd registerd# kpasswd stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd kpasswdd## POP and IMAP mail servers## Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) server:#pop3 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/popa3d# Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server:#imap2 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd imapd## The Internet Unix to Unix copy (UUCP) service:# uucp stream tcp nowait uucp /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -l## Tftp service is provided primarily for booting. Most sites# run this only on machines acting as "boot servers."# tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/in.tftpd in.tftpd -s /tftpboot -r blksize## Internet Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server:# bootps dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/bootpd bootpd## Finger, systat and netstat give out user information which may be# valuable to potential "system crackers." Many sites choose to disable# some or all of these services to improve security.# Try "telnet localhost systat" and "telnet localhost netstat" to see that# information yourself!#finger stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd in.fingerd -u# systat stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd /bin/ps -auwwx# netstat stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /bin/netstat -a## Ident service is used for net authentication#auth stream tcp wait root /usr/sbin/in.identd in.identd## These are to start Samba, an smb server that can export filesystems to# Pathworks, Lanmanager for DOS, Windows for Workgroups, Windows95, Lanmanager# for Windows, Lanmanager for OS/2, Windows NT, etc.# If you're running smbd and nmbd as daemons in /etc/rc.d/rc.samba, then you# shouldn't uncomment these lines.#netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/smbd smbd#netbios-ns dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/nmbd nmbd##Samba Web Administration Tool:#swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat## Sun-RPC based services.# <service name/version><sock_type><rpc/prot><flags><user><server><args># rstatd/1-3 dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd rpc.rstatd# rusersd/2-3 dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd rpc.rusersd# walld/1 dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd rpc.rwalldident stream tcp nowait nobody /etc/identd identd## End of inetd.conf.
After that let me see "cat /etc/inetd.conf" again so I can doublecheck if the changes are correct. ;):thumbsup: Bruno

Here you go,

root@localhost:/home/ift/Desktop/identd# cat /etc/inetd.conf# See "man 8 inetd" for more information.## If you make changes to this file, either reboot your machine or send the# inetd a HUP signal:# Do a "ps x" as root and look up the pid of inetd. Then do a# "kill -HUP <pid of inetd>".# The inetd will re-read this file whenever it gets that signal.## <service_name> <sock_type> <proto> <flags> <user> <server_path> <args>## The first 4 services are really only used for debugging purposes, so# we comment them out since they can otherwise be used for some nasty# denial-of-service attacks.  If you need them, uncomment them.# echo		  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# echo		  dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal# discard	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# discard	   dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal# daytime	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# daytime	   dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal# chargen	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internal# chargen	   dgram   udp	 wait	root	internaltime			stream  tcp	 nowait  root	internaltime			dgram   udp	 wait	root	internal## These are standard services:## Very Secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.#ftp	 stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  vsftpd## Professional File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.#ftp	 stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  proftpd## Telnet server:#telnet stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd## The comsat daemon notifies the user of new mail when biff is set to y:comsat		dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.comsat## Shell, login, exec and talk are BSD protocols##shell  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rshd -L#login  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rlogind# exec  stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rexecd# talk  dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.talkd#ntalk  dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  in.talkd## To use the talk daemons from KDE, comment the talk and ntalk lines above# and uncomment the ones below:# talk	dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /opt/kde/bin/kotalkd# ntalk   dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /opt/kde/bin/ktalkd## Kerberos authenticated services## klogin		stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rlogind -k# eklogin	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rlogind -k -x# kshell		stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rshd -k## Services run ONLY on the Kerberos server## krbupdate	 stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  registerd# kpasswd	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  kpasswdd## POP and IMAP mail servers## Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) server:#pop3	stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/popa3d# Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server:#imap2   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  imapd## The Internet Unix to Unix copy (UUCP) service:# uucp  stream  tcp	 nowait  uucp	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/lib/uucp/uucico	-l## Tftp service is provided primarily for booting.  Most sites# run this only on machines acting as "boot servers."# tftp  dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/in.tftpd  in.tftpd -s /tftpboot -r blksize## Internet Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server:# bootps		dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/bootpd		bootpd## Finger, systat and netstat give out user information which may be# valuable to potential "system crackers."  Many sites choose to disable# some or all of these services to improve security.# Try "telnet localhost systat" and "telnet localhost netstat" to see that# information yourself!#finger stream  tcp	 nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.fingerd -u# systat		stream  tcp	 nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /bin/ps -auwwx# netstat	   stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  /bin/netstat	-a## Ident service is used for net authentication#auth   stream  tcp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/in.identd	 in.identd## These are to start Samba, an smb server that can export filesystems to# Pathworks, Lanmanager for DOS, Windows for Workgroups, Windows95, Lanmanager# for Windows, Lanmanager for OS/2, Windows NT, etc.# If you're running smbd and nmbd as daemons in /etc/rc.d/rc.samba, then you# shouldn't uncomment these lines.#netbios-ssn	stream  tcp	 nowait  root	/usr/sbin/smbd  smbd#netbios-ns	 dgram   udp	 wait	root	/usr/sbin/nmbd  nmbd##Samba Web Administration Tool:#swat		   stream  tcp	 nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat  swat## Sun-RPC based services.# <service name/version><sock_type><rpc/prot><flags><user><server><args># rstatd/1-3	dgram   rpc/udp wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rpc.rstatd# rusersd/2-3   dgram   rpc/udp wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rpc.rusersd# walld/1	   dgram   rpc/udp wait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd  rpc.rwalldident stream tcp nowait nobody /etc/identd identd## End of inetd.conf.

Thanks