ububtu/kubuntu

longgone

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) ....Formatted ... ext3/fat32 ..... still can't install XP ... it sees all the partions ... even displays one formatted fat32 ... select it .. click enter .. responds that I need to create a partition to install XP on go back start again and then the BSOD strikes ... ??????-

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• longgone

• Bruno

• rolanaj

• teacher

I am starting to wonder if that hda is maybe gone south . . . . . can you try to install Slackware on a partition ( used to be hda8, but does not really matter where you put it ) . . . . when it comes to the bootloader try to install it in the partition you install the distro, that makes it easier to add to the PCLos lilo later.Now if also Slack starts to complain I would replace that hda with another hda ( leave hdb as hdb or else you will not be able to boot PCLos either ):) Bruno

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...............Bruno, , , ,Here's an update to what I have attempted (and failed) .... completely cleared hda of any partitions at all .. bare, slick drive ... tried to install XP ... not happening ,, still BSOD ... so now I have put the partitions back on it ... will try Slack and see what happens ... if it also fails .. :) :thumbsup: ... good excuse for a 300B hard disk ,,, and to check out the XP's .. will set up the other machine and attempt an install on it ....

:w00t: :w00t: .........Wellll ... so much for a new 300GB hd ... Slack went on just like it knew what it was supposed to do ......... time to quit for today ... tomorrow is a new day .. :whistling: ;)

Just a thought but when Suse trashed one of my hard drives I had to format the partitions in linux and then the one for windows needed to be formatted in windows before it would install properly.

rolanaj..... not sure what is wrong with XP .. I have completely cleared the disk .. tried that way but the furtherest I have gotten is to the screen where you make the actual partion you want to install it on and then it crashes on me

Okay Dale . . . . I am not really qualified to answer XP questions . . so let us first add Slackware to the boot-menu.Now, first question: Where did you install the Slackware lilo ? And on what partition did you install Slack ??:thumbsup: Bruno

Bruno , , ,I was just answering rolanaj there ....... I think that this machine is not going to have a Windows install at all .... it was on there for only one web site anyway .. if a solution can be reached to get to it via Linux ... I won't have it at all .... BUT ...Slack is still at home on HDA8 .... after the install I tried to get Swaret so that I could do the updates that I now aare waiting .... but could not for the life of me find the most recent/current version .. so that is not yet done ......

Okay . . . so let me guess: the Slackware lilo is now in the MBR and your default boot is Slackware ( sure you can use the rescue CD to boot PCLos )So let us boot in Slackware and please let me see:

# cat /etc/lilo.conf

:thumbsup: Bruno

Actually no ....... first off Slack had issues installin lilo so it did not get there and the boot was assigned to / not the MBR .. so PCLOS is still the default OS and I use the boot/rescue floppy to get into Slack ....

That is even better/easier Dale . . ;)Here is what you do, you boot PCLos and edit the /etc/lilo.conf ( "# kwrite /etc/lilo.conf" ) and add these 2 lines at the bottom of the file:

other=/dev/hda8 label="Slackware"
Next save the file and do
# /sbin/lilo

After that you should have Slackware in the PCLos bootmenu ;):thumbsup: BrunoPS: Found an old version of Swaret ( 1.6.1. ) here: http://www.linuxpackages.net/search_view.p...Swaret&ver=And version 1.6.2 here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swaret/...gz.tar?download

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="pclinuxos"boot=/dev/fd0map=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/livecd.kltmenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messageimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-oci12.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="pclinuxos" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.11-oci12.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="devfs=nomount acpi=ht nomce splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788 read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-smp label="linux-smp" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img append="nomce devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788 read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci4.mdksmp label="2612-oci4smp" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci4.mdksmp.img append="nomce devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788 read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-i586-up-1GB label="linux-i586-up-1GB" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci5.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="2612i586up1GB-oci5" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci5.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788image=/boot/memtest-1.65.bin label="memtest-1.65"image=/boot/vmlinuz-i586-up-1GB label="alt_linux-i586-up-1GB" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="2612i586up1GB-oci6" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788other=/dev/hdb7label="Xandros"other=/dev/hda8label="Slackware"
Password:[root@localhost dale]# kwrite /etc/lilo.confkbuildsycoca running...kbuildsycoca: WARNING: KBuildServiceGroupFactory::addNew( /, ): menu already exists!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Applications/Archiving/Compression/ark.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-tbz2'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Sound/amarok.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-sid'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'ark_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-tbz2'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'karm_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/english'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'karm_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-c'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'karm_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-c++'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/kpovmodeler.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KPovModeler/Document'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '.hidden/k3b-iso.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype ''kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Networking/WWW/Opera.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/vnd.csr'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Networking/WWW/Opera.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/wml'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Networking/WWW/Opera.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/xhtml'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/The GIMP.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/bmp'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/The GIMP.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/pcx'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/The GIMP.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/pix'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/The GIMP.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/pnm'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/kuickshow.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-eim'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/Xine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/Xine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/Xine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-matroska'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kcertpart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/binary-certificate'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-ms-wma'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-mplayer2'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype ''kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KMediaPart'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-ms-wma'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-mplayer2'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Configuration/kfmclient_html.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype ''kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kfile_deb.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-debian-package'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Applications/File tools/ktnef.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype ''kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '.hidden/k3b-cue.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype ''kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'katepart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-fortran'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'knotify.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KNotify'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Applications/Archiving/Cd burning/Nautilus CD Burning.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-cd-image'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gstreamer_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KMediaPart'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gstreamer_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-ms-wma'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gstreamer_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gstreamer_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gstreamer_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gstreamer_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-mplayer2'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Networking/WWW/Mozilla Firefox.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/mml'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Graphics/showfoto.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-eim'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Office/Wordprocessors/OpenOffice.org Writer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-doc'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/MPlayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Multimedia/Video/MPlayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'KWrited - Listening on Device /dev/pts/2libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.disc.has_audio on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_3_2libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.disc.is_blank on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_3_2libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.disc.has_audio on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_3_5libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.disc.is_blank on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_3_5libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_0libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.disc.has_audio on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_3_66libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.disc.is_blank on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_3_66libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property info.category on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_0_1[root@localhost dale]# /sbICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 3413, errno = 0bash: /s: No such file or directory[root@localhost dale]# /sbin/liloFatal: open /dev/fd0: No such device or address[root@localhost dale]# /sbin/liloFatal: open /dev/fd0: No such device or address

[root@localhost dale]# /sbin/lilo -b /dev/hdaIgnoring entry 'boot'Added pclinuxos *Added linux-smpAdded 2612-oci4smpAdded linux-i586-up-1GBAdded 2612i586up1GB-oci5Added memtest-1.65Added alt_linux-i586-up-1GBAdded 2612i586up1GB-oci6Added XandrosWarning: First sector of /dev/hda8 doesn't have a valid boot signatureAdded Slackware[root@localhost dale]#

Ahaaa . . . . . Slack did not install liloin it's / . . . . so let us set that straight:Please boot Slackware ( using the floppy ) and please show:

# cat /etc/lilo.conf

From Slack ...

Password:root@earthlink:/home/dale# cat /etc/lilo.conf# LILO configuration file# generated by 'liloconfig'## Start LILO global sectionlba32 # Allow booting past 1024th cylinder with a recent BIOSboot = /dev/hda8message = /boot/boot_message.txtprompttimeout = 1200# Override dangerous defaults that rewrite the partition table:change-rulesreset# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256vga = 773# Normal VGA console# vga = normal# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k# vga=791# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x32k# vga=790# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256# vga=773# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x64k# vga=788# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x32k# vga=787# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x256# vga=771# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x64k# vga=785# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x32k# vga=784# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x256# vga=769# End LILO global section# Windows bootable partition config beginsother = /dev/hda6label = Windowstable = /dev/hda# Windows bootable partition config ends# Linux bootable partition config beginsimage = /boot/vmlinuzroot = /dev/hda8label = Linuxread-only# Linux bootable partition config endsroot@earthlink:/home/dale#

root@earthlink:/home/dale# /sbin/lilo -b /dev/hda8Ignoring entry 'boot'Fatal: Partition entry not found.root@earthlink:/home/dale#

Okay we make a little change to the /etc/lilo.conf:

# LILO configuration file# generated by 'liloconfig'## Start LILO global sectionlba32 # Allow booting past 1024th cylinder with a recent BIOSboot = /dev/hda8message = /boot/boot_message.txtprompttimeout = 1200# Override dangerous defaults that rewrite the partition table:change-rulesreset# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256vga = 773# Normal VGA console# vga = normal# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k# vga=791# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x32k# vga=790# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256# vga=773# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x64k# vga=788# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x32k# vga=787# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x256# vga=771# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x64k# vga=785# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x32k# vga=784# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x256# vga=769# End LILO global section# Windows bootable partition config beginsother = /dev/hda6label = Windowstable = /dev/hda# Windows bootable partition config ends# Linux bootable partition config beginsimage = /boot/vmlinuzroot = /dev/hda8label = Linuxread-only# Linux bootable partition config ends
Remove the RED part . . . . . and after that run again :
# /sbin/lilo -b /dev/hda8

:thumbsup: ;) .........Okay ... what am I doing wrong ... I can't seem to get inot lilo to make the deletion ... tried gedit kedit kate but none will let me in

Password:root@earthlink:/home/dale# /sbin/lilo -b /dev/hda8Ignoring entry 'boot'Added Linux *root@earthlink:/home/dale#

And from PCLos ...

[root@localhost dale]# /sbin/lilo -b /dev/hdaIgnoring entry 'boot'Added pclinuxos *Added linux-smpAdded 2612-oci4smpAdded linux-i586-up-1GBAdded 2612i586up1GB-oci5Added memtest-1.65Added alt_linux-i586-up-1GBAdded 2612i586up1GB-oci6Added XandrosAdded Slackware[root@localhost dale]#

Good . . .now we can boot PCLos, Xandros and Slackware from that lilo . . . . . Now before we move on I first want to clean up the PCLos lilo from unneeded entries, can you post me a fresh

# cat /etc/lilo.conf

:hysterical: Bruno

[root@localhost dale]# cat /etc/lilo.conf# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="pclinuxos"boot=/dev/fd0map=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/livecd.kltmenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messageimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-oci12.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="pclinuxos" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.11-oci12.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="devfs=nomount acpi=ht nomce splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788 read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-smp label="linux-smp" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img append="nomce devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788 read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci4.mdksmp label="2612-oci4smp" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci4.mdksmp.img append="nomce devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788 read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-i586-up-1GB label="linux-i586-up-1GB" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci5.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="2612i586up1GB-oci5" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci5.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788image=/boot/memtest-1.65.bin label="memtest-1.65"image=/boot/vmlinuz-i586-up-1GB label="alt_linux-i586-up-1GB" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="2612i586up1GB-oci6" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788other=/dev/hdb7label="Xandros"other=/dev/hda8label="Slackware"[root@localhost dale]#
fresh from the 'puter box

Okay . . . . now first:

$ kdesu kwrite /etc/lilo.conf

And make these edits: Changes are in GREEN . . . And remove all the RED parts.

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="pclinuxos"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/livecd.kltmenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messageimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-oci12.mdk-i586-up-1GBlabel="pclinuxos"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.11-oci12.mdk-i586-up-1GB.imgappend="devfs=nomount acpi=ht nomce splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-smplabel="linux-smp"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.imgappend="nomce devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci4.mdksmplabel="2612-oci4smp"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci4.mdksmp.imgappend="nomce devfs=nomount acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-i586-up-1GBlabel="linux-i586-up-1GB"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-i586-up-1GB.imgappend="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci5.mdk-i586-up-1GBlabel="2612i586up1GB-oci5"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci5.mdk-i586-up-1GB.imgappend="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788image=/boot/memtest-1.65.binlabel="memtest-1.65"image=/boot/vmlinuz-i586-up-1GBlabel="alt_linux-i586-up-1GB"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-i586-up-1GB.imgappend="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GBlabel="pclinuxos"root=/dev/hdb8initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB.imgappend="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps"vga=788other=/dev/hdb7label="Xandros"other=/dev/hda8label="Slackware"
When finished editing, please save the file and show me
# cat /etc/lilo.conf

so I can have a look at it ;):hysterical: Bruno

# cat /etc/lilo.confICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 3441, errno = 0# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="pclinuxos"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/livecd.kltmenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messageimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB label="pclinuxos" root=/dev/hdb8 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB.img append="nomce acpi=ht splash=silent psmouse.proto=imps" vga=788other=/dev/hdb7label="Xandros"other=/dev/hda8label="Slackware"[root@localhost dale]#