Mandrake Updates and URPMI´s

teacher

I saw a bright yellow flower on my computer. Oh, that was the live CD. Still have to think about the mouse before I do anything.Tonight is no longer for serious stuff. Time to relax. It is Sunday after all. Aren't we suppose to rest today? We sure have not let Bruno rest. :unsure:

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• quint

• GolfProRM

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the most interesting help, Bruno. B) Thank you for being a charming classmate, Julia. B) Hello, Mr. Sheer...tell me something about anacron. :unsure: What a great day! :D

QuintOne last tip: anacron needs no configuring, should be pre-configured and run automatically . . :DB) Bruno

QuintOne last tip: anacron needs no configuring, should be pre-configured and run automatically . . :DB) Bruno
That is what I thought; was going to ask, but you read my mind. :unsure:

Bruno I reinstalled today! Needed something to do so I played around with my partitions. Now this is what I come up with for a fstb text file:/dev/hdb1 / ext3 defaults 1 1none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0/dev/hdb6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0none /proc proc defaults 0 0/dev/hdb7 /usr ext3 defaults 1 2/dev/hdb5 swap swap defaults 0 0/dev/sda1 /mnt/memory_card auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0

Julia !This looks good, even your memory-card is mounted ! . . . But it does not show the sizes . . . Please post us:df -hB) Bruno

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on/dev/hdb1 5.8G 201M 5.3G 4% //dev/hdb6 5.0G 210M 4.8G 5% /home/dev/hda1 19G 14G 4.7G 75% /mnt/windows/dev/hdb7 3.9G 1.6G 2.1G 44% /usr/dev/sda1 244M 22M 222M 10% /mnt/memory_cardI was expecting a "What has that crazy teacher done now?" :D response.

Looks good Julia !Next time you re-install don´t over-write your /home partition ( hdb6 ) and all personal settings ( mail, addresses etc. ) will be saved !You did really well . . . . . an additional /backup partition would be the next project for the NEW computer :D:D Bruno

Actually, I can't figure that out because I managed to save a lot of those things. I lost my Internet booksmarks for galeon but I kept my address book for evolution! I know somethings were installed in unusual places before. Home had decided it wanted 2/3 of my HD and I just tried to resize it back down in the range of someone's suggestions!

Home had decided it wanted 2/3 of my HD
Who does not want a large home ?? :D :D You can´t blame Mandrake for that !:D Bruno

It there is one thing I am getting plenty of experience in, it is the install. I have my gkrellm program up and running and configured as well. Did you notice all the questions I had this time? Anything I should add while I am in that mode? You know when you are on a streak, run with it!No Quint, not another flavor today! (He should come running about now. His radar is pretty finely tuned. Notice I did not say S........).

JuliaOur big favorite: the kdeedu packages. So we can take a walk and look at the stars ??Maybe try Celestia again . . . last time it chashed, remember ? This time you might have more luck . . .:D Bruno

It there is one thing I am getting plenty of experience in, it is the install.  I have my gkrellm program up and running and configured as well.  Did you notice all the questions I had this time? Anything I should add while I am in that mode?  You know when you are on a streak, run with it!No Quint, not another flavor today!  (He should come running about now.  His radar is pretty finely tuned.  Notice I did not say S........).
...lackware? The time is fast approaching, lovely teacher Julia! :D Just feast your eyes on this:snapshot2.png

BrunoJust for you I am going for the stars. I promise, I did not say the S...... word. Quint just knows when to come running! Do you really think I should try Celeste again? Without any graphics accelleration? Do you not think that would be living dangerously? Well, then again, look who I hang out with - the Penguin and Quint!Now I have to go figure out why evolution keeps multiplying and popping up on my screen ever few minutes. Must go check settings. I see Kdeedu is now installing itself!Quint. Don't rush me! Keep the sweet talk up.

All I have to say is: Opera? Don't you know any better quint? :D Get a real browser ;)Edit - If you have any questions, see my sig. :D

If Celeste does funny things to my computer, I might come to Amsterdam looking for one penguin! It is installing now! I can use edutainment and celeste! Now, I have been home from work for a couple of hours, and I have done all my updates, installed my programs, made it look easy.Quint, I just might be closer than you think. Maybe I better pick up that Rute book off the floor and start looking around.

All I have to say is:  Opera?  Don't you know any better quint? :D  Get a real browser ;)Edit - If you have any questions, see my sig. :D
Agreed, Ryan, but that photo was from Google images...I only use MozillaFirebird, or Galeon:FSLO-1055437753-207749.jpgThat's mine - don't care much for Opera either. :D

If Celeste does funny things to my computer, I might come to Amsterdam looking for one penguin!  It is installing now!  I can use edutainment and celeste!  Now, I have been home from work for a couple of hours, and I have done all my updates, installed my programs, made it look easy.Quint, I just might be closer than you think.  Maybe I better pick up that Rute book off the floor and start looking around.
Julia,You will have no trouble, whenever you so decide. :D

I'm lost!  When did we start talking about Opera? 
Only when I saw that screenshot quint posted with Opera open... thought it was his desktop. B)