Conexant PCI ADSL modem

hodgy

May 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: Starting Conexant AccessRunnerMay 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: insmod:May 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: CnxADSL: no module by that name foundMay 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: bad ioctl 400c2504, Status=ffffffffMay 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: send user parameters (SendUserParams) failed, NTStatus=c0000001May 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: Conexant AccesRunner: Download Started.May 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: Loading br2684 module:May 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: Using /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/net/atm/br2684.o.gzMay 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl:May 31 20:54:16 localhost cnxadslctl: /etc/rc5.d/S09cnxadslctl: line 40: number: Could not find device
I´ve got the feeling we´re so close . . . . . . and still so far away . . . . . It just does not find the module. but if we force that one in it complains that it is compiled with gcc2, instead of gcc3 ! This new kernel needs a gcc3 compiled module. . . . . We will try something new, we un-install the rpm package and will compile the driver from source.Did you get that email with the ¨CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007.tar.gz¨ package ?Tell me if you did, and stay on-line for instructionsB) Bruno

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• hodgy

• georgeg4

• GolfProRM

Here it is !Check if you have gcc installed: gcc --versionIf not go to the MCC and install it !Then we start serious business: sucd /home/ken/ADSLtar -zvxf CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007.tar.gzcd CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007Now: ./configure ( that is dot slash configure ! This might take a while )Then:vi make ( will open the file called make in vi )i ( will put vi in insert mode )Now change the ¨make¨ text : ¨kgcc¨ should be ¨gcc¨ ( I know this is a bit of searching ! )Save and quit: Esc and ZZThen: make ( just the command ¨make¨ takes a while too ) ls check if there is a file called ¨CnxADSL.o¨ cp CnxADSL.o /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/drivers/net/ ( space between o and /lib ! )OK the next stage is what we have done before, remember ?First: su ( password )Then: cd /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/drivers/net/ will put that line in your prompt.Then: insmod -f CnxADSL \ CnxtDslVendorId=0x14F1 \CnxtDslArmDeviceId=0x1610 \CnxtDslAdslDeviceId=0x1611 \CnxtDslPhysicalDriverType=1 Put a space before each ¨\¨, last line NO ¨\¨ just hit enter. ( INSMOD in lowercase ) ( it says VendorId, with a capital i for the id )Then you will get the kernel messages ( note down )Then:lsmod | grep CnxADSL Will show text, note it down. ( LSMOD in lowercase ) Then: rmmod CnxADSL removes the module to be activated at boot by a script later. ( RMMOD in lowercase :unsure: )Good luck Hodgy, drive carefully !:angry: Bruno

Bruno B) Suitably refreshed i hope.Fell at first hurdle! B) console[ken@localhost ken]$ suPassword:[root@localhost ken]# cd /home/ken/ADSL[root@localhost ADSL]# tar -vxf CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007.tar.gztar: This does not look like a tar archivetar: Skipping to next headertar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headerstar: Error exit delayed from previous errors[root@localhost ADSL]#Could it have been corrupted by windows? I copied from outlook to a dump file and then accessedit through GnomeTried twice. same answerEDIT Installed gcc nearly forgot that bitHodgy

Try: tar -zvxf CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007.tar.gz Hodgy, and check if it is the right name I wrote down.B) Bruno

Hodgy,FYI, in ¨normal¨ cases you have to do a ¨make install¨ after the ¨make¨ command as you compile a ¨tarball¨ from source.The procedure is: ./configure, make, make install.BUT this time we do NOT want the ¨make install¨ because it will put the files on the wrong places and we only need 1 file the ¨CnxADSL.o¨ that we will move to the right place ourselves !B) Bruno

Hi there Hodgy I have been kind of following this thred for a couple of days now .Not because I can help in any way but simply because I went through pretty much the same problems with my conexant modem and I know how you feel so I thought I would throw my two cents in and wish you luck. Just hang in there and I am sure you will get it running because after all you have the best man ( bruno ) for the job helping you . and while I am here bruno I have a sugestion for what its worth I don't know if tit applies here but my main problem with mine was getting rid of traces of the driver even after uninstalling it the kernel still had it as installed even though it wasn't I do have a command following that is supposed to eliminate all traces before reinstalling the driver maybe it will help <rpm -e --noscripts --force --allmatches " whatever the driver is" .

Hi QuintAhh. memories rushing home from school B) B) BrunoIT seems to be one step at a timethe zvxf worked. but when i entered vi make and i It was a "new" file nothing there at alland i am assuming there was supposed to be some text for me to edit. Is that correct?Like wearing lead boots walking through treacle B) B) EDIT Shall i execute that cmd. Bruno, advice pleaseHodgy

Really nice of you George !Hodgy just did a clean install today, so all traces of previous drivers will be gone . . True you went trough the same routine, but for this ADSL modem there is not even a good driver as there was for your modem . . . . . a real pain George ! But we´re not giving up do we Hodgy ?B) Bruno

Hi QuintAhh. memories rushing home from school B)  B) BrunoIT seems to be one step at a timethe zvxf worked. but when i entered vi make and i  It was a "new" file nothing there at alland i am assuming there was supposed to be some text for me to edit. Is that correct?Like wearing lead boots walking through treacle B)  B) EDIT  Shall i execute that cmd. Bruno, advice pleaseHodgy
Glad that tar -zvxf worked !I think in that case we have to do the ¨./configure¨ first and then the ¨vi make¨, changing the ¨make ¨ script, and then doing the ¨make¨. Sound more logical to me this way, then the way I described before !I´ll change the how-to for later reference !PS: First check if you accidently made an empty file ¨make¨ in the driver dirctory and delete it if there is one.ls will show you all the files ( LS )rm make will delete it ! (RM) ( you have to be in that directory tough ! )B) Bruno

Hah tell me about the clean installs I got so good at them I even took a nap during the last few . It wasn't till the one before last that I found that command . It sure saved me some time though.

Hah tell me about the clean installs I got so good at them I even took a nap during the last few . It wasn't till the one before last that I found that command . It sure saved me some time though.
We all love clean installs, don´t we George B) B) B) B) Bruno

BrunoJust read last post, still problems, ./configure no such file or directoryAnother brick wall. Still got your bulldozer bruno?Hodgy

HodgyDid you go in the right directory first ??cd /home/ken/ADSL/CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007 before doing ./configure ?BUT FIRST: check if you accidently made an empty file ¨make¨ in the driver dirctory and delete it if there is one.cd /home/ken/ADSL/CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007 ls will show you all the files ( LS ) rm make will delete it ! (RM) B) Bruno

Never mind Hodgy, happens to the best of us . . . just try again and it will work !So After ./configure, change the ¨make¨-file ! That will be the hardest bit, be carefull not to change anything else in that file !:) Bruno

BrunoNot good news i'm afraid[ken@localhost ken]$ suPassword:[root@localhost ken]# lsADSL/ boot.txt Documents/ tmp/[root@localhost ken]# exitexit[ken@localhost ken]$ suPassword:[root@localhost ken]# cd /home/ken/ADSL/CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# lsbuildcnxadsl.sh* cnxadslctl.sh* DownLoadApp/ KernelModule/buildcnxcvs.sh* cnxadslremove.sh* FilterDiff.awk* LnxDefs.h*buildcnxrpm.sh* cnxadslrpm.spec FilterLog.awk* Log.txtchgmodscripts.sh* CommonData.h* FilterLog.sh* Makefile*cnxadslctl* ConfigLabels.h* Instructions/ minirc.dfl*[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# rm makefilerm: cannot lstat `makefile': No such file or directory[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# rm Makefilerm: remove regular file `Makefile'? y[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# lsbuildcnxadsl.sh* cnxadslctl.sh* DownLoadApp/ KernelModule/buildcnxcvs.sh* cnxadslremove.sh* FilterDiff.awk* LnxDefs.h*buildcnxrpm.sh* cnxadslrpm.spec FilterLog.awk* Log.txtchgmodscripts.sh* CommonData.h* FilterLog.sh* minirc.dfl*cnxadslctl* ConfigLabels.h* Instructions/[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# exitexit[ken@localhost ken]$ suPassword:[root@localhost ken]# cd /home/ken/ADSL/CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# ./configurebash: ./configure: No such file or directory[root@localhost CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.4.3-6.1.2.007]# exitexit[ken@localhost ken]$Doesn't like ./configure does it :) Hodgy

I will look into this tomorrow !You should not have removed the ¨makefile¨ but the file ¨make¨ !Anyway, nothing lost uptil now !Please post me that ¨instructions¨ file I saw in there, so I can read that tomorrow morning !:) Bruno

Bruno Have you seen this Site yet It has a lot of info that may be of help to you
Yahoo can´t help here, George ! this is a serious hack, they don´t do hacking . . .Thanks for thinking with us.:) Bruno