• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gauchoperezoso

• Bruno

• ross549

• ikerekes

gauchoperezoso
:wacko: i know it is a radio player.problem it doesnt work.ill check the links you posted.thank you.for some reason i dont get the sound in the games now :devil: you said you were boring..what are you going to say about me chattering away about the sound all the time :)

Have you tried it in KDE ??Does it work with mp3 streams ? ( I use XMMS for mp3 streams and paste the URL from shoutcast ):) Bruno

gauchoI few answers to your questions: for file transfer, I always use gftp. It is not on the pclos8 livecd, but still available in the repositories. I know a lots of ppl. had problems with it, but it always worked for me, and i have fond memories of the original windows version (cuteftp).For p2p (limewire is not ftp but p2p) have you tried Apollon? it is nice, just heavy on java, after a while you have to reboot, java leaks memory faster then my car leaks oil.with streamtunner it is not really using the sound, in my machine it brings up xmms, and lets xmms play the music I am using the live365 and the shoutcast plugins.Ivan

gauchoperezoso

well, i downloaded some plugins but now when i open streamtuoner i get this error:Plugin <i>/usr/lib/streamtuner/plugins/local.so</i> could not be loaded: unable to initialize: you must point the STREAMTUNER_LOCAL_ROOT environment variable to your discotheque before using the Local plugin. B)

: you must point the STREAMTUNER_LOCAL_ROOT environment variable to your discotheque before using the Local plugin.
If I only knew where . . . . ;)B) Bruno

gauchoperezoso
B) :devil: :devil: :P :D :D :D wow!so there are things you dont know :) plus i wanted to ask you one more thing.the net applet doesnt work.i do everything as you posted and it does appear in applications>monitoring but when i click on it the harddrive works for a while but then it stops and theres no icon on the tool bar :(

LOL . . . . :D . . . I even never heard about "open streamtuner" . . . . :lol:Say, if you open "menudrake" . . what command is there listed for the Net_Applet ??B) BrunoPS: What stream are you trying to play ?? ( I have not come accross an audio stream that could not be played in XMMS or RealPlayer yet )

lol.why dont you guys like gnome?Adam write he hates it if i remeber well.what is so offputting there? :D
not everyone hates Gnome B) personally i think that gnome is more responssive, simpler, and slightly faster than KDE and has some of the best apps which i love like galeon evolution gwget Nautilusgedit gthumb anjuta just to name a fewbutttttt i stoped using gnome after they changed the design of it i think it was gnome 2 was ok after that they changed it and i didnt care for there changes , hmmm didnt want to turn this into a kde and gnome thing :D cos my preferrence of window managers is neither one of them, its afterstep and window maker they are beautiful, simple, fast and suits me perfect

/usr/bin/net_appletthat is the command.as for the stream..it is reallly any stream B)
That is the correct command though . . . do you get an error message if you type that in a terminal ??Fire up XMMS --> Ctrl+L --> And paste this URL: http://205.188.234.65:8018 ( Goa )or http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/1006 ( Classic )or http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/1019 ( Jazz ) :DDo you get sound ??:D Bruno

not everyone hates Gnome  B)  personally i think that gnome is more responssive, simpler, and slightly faster than KDE and has some of the best apps which i love like galeon      evolution gwget Nautilusgedit  gthumb  anjuta    just to name a fewbutttttt i stoped using gnome after they changed the design of it i think it was gnome 2 was ok after that they changed it and i didnt care for there changes , hmmm didnt want to turn this into a kde and gnome thing :D  cos my preferrence of window managers is neither one of them, its afterstep and window maker they are beautiful, simple, fast and suits me perfect
Gnome used to be much better . . but since 2.6 they changed the file-manager and you get a 100 windows open if you are looking for a file . . . . . absolutely useless ! But indeed the Gnome apps like Galeon and Evolution are TOPS !!:D Bruno

gauchoperezoso

yup.when i paste url it does work :D strange it doesnt work the normal way....[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ /usr/bin/net_applet/home/guest/.net_applet should be set to TRUE or use net_applet --force at /usr/bin/net_applet line 75.[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ that is what i getabout gnome,when i had fedora it did look better.i dont know what version it was though.

Gnome used to be much better . . but since 2.6 they changed the file-manager and you get a 100 windows open if you are looking for a file . . . . . absolutely useless ! But indeed the Gnome apps like Galeon and Evolution are TOPS !!
i agree Bruno 1000% i used to love Gnome but all the changes they made its sad .. i love the old style much better " old style i mean like gnome 2.0 or even 2.2 tops " thats when it was simpler even the file manager was so much better at least you werent opening up 100 of windows to get to one, i dont know why they ever changed and i would if they changed back to the original format i would use it but there apps are awesome

yup.when i paste url it does work :) strange it doesnt work the normal way....[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ /usr/bin/net_applet/home/guest/.net_applet should be set to TRUE or use net_applet --force at /usr/bin/net_applet line 75.[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ that is what i getabout gnome,when i had fedora it did look better.i dont know what version it was though.
Show us:
cat /home/guest/.net_applet

There is some value you need to set to "TRUE":D BrunoPS: Just get the URLs and make a playlist you can load in XMMS . . that is how I do it B)http://205.188.234.65:8026 ( Salsa )NOTE: You will have to stop clicking on things . . . that is what you do in Windows :D

gauchoperezoso

[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ cat /home/guest/.net_appletAUTOSTART=FALSE[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ sorry,but i am quite excited with apollon.it is ten times better than limewire it seems. :D and yes Bruno you are right.too much time spent using windows

gauchoperezoso

[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ cat /home/guest/.net_appletAUTOSTART=TRUE[gaucho@chello084010044003 guest]$ i think now it will work.thank you guys :D

gauchoperezoso

but u messed something uo again :D system notification sound dont work in gnome.they did work before i started to play with Gstreamer settings.problem is than now even if i get back to original ones it still doesn wotk.i checked kwrite ~/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc and it is all ok.i really dont know what is wrong this time.i can listen to the music and radio but no system sounds. B)

Hi GauchoA little note about the mouse: I hardly ever (double)click with the left mouse button, 95% the time I do however right-click and choose from the context menu that pops up. Then you carefully select with what prog you want to open that file or link . . . and that is sometimes the default for that file, but most of the time a prog that handles that file/link the best. ( For example: I like Xpdf for pdf files, but the default is kghostview that suits small pdf files, larger files do better in Xpdf )In a browser I use the middle button ( wheel ) to open links in a tab, but also there the context menu you get from a right-click gives the most options. Specially for downloading a file or link the context menu works better then just clicking on it.The remaining 5% I do use the left button is for icons on the taskbar and items in the start-menu ;)Glad you got the Net_Applet back up :D . . . . but the ~/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc is only for system notifications in KDE :PB) BrunoPS: If you want me to send you my XMMS playlist as an example, let me know B)

gauchoperezoso

oh thanks Bruno but i think ill just create my own XMMS playlist.i know how to get the urls so this time i may just be able to do without your help :P B) .as for the sound problem in gnome,you know what might be the reason for this not working?i have run out of ideas to be honest,not that i had a lot of them in the first place :P

I have no idea about the way Gnome handles sound . . .but what you can do is run the sound-check-script and post the output on the forum.( I would want you to run the script once in Gnome and once in KDE :P )Here is the script and the instructions on how to run it:SoundCheck Script( It is revision 8 specially suited to the new PCLos, last update was yesterday :P )B) Bruno