Installing Drake 10.1

réjean

Hi Bruno!I see 10 kernels in MCC. I can post what's in the right pane for each one. In the meantime:

[root@localhost real]# ls -al /boottotal 2200drwxr-xr-x   4 root root    4096 Jan  7 15:49 ./drwxr-xr-x  19 root root    4096 Jan  7 15:37 ../-rw-r--r--   1 root root     512 Jan  6 11:36 boot.0308lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      32 Jan  7 15:37 config -> config-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-r--r--   1 root root   60326 Oct  1 06:38 config-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-r--r--   1 root root    5032 Oct  6 10:42 diag1.img-rw-r--r--   1 root root   16796 Oct  6 10:42 diag2.imgdrwxr-xr-x   2 root root    4096 Jan  6 11:18 grub/-rw-r--r--   1 root root   85686 Jan  6 11:36 initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB.imglrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      36 Jan  6 11:36 initrd.img -> initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB.imglrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      40 Jan  7 15:38 kernel.h -> /boot/kernel.h-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-r--r--   1 root root     537 Jan  6 19:20 kernel.h-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-------   1 root root  124928 Jan  6 11:36 maplrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      15 Jan  6 11:36 message -> message-graphic-rw-r--r--   1 root root   62997 Jan  6 11:36 message-graphic-rw-r--r--   1 root root     116 Jan  6 11:36 message-textlrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      36 Jan  6 19:20 System.map -> System.map-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-r--r--   1 root root  545727 Oct  1 06:38 System.map-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-r--r--   1 root root     256 Jan  6 11:36 us.kltlrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      33 Jan  6 11:36 vmlinuz -> vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB-rw-r--r--   1 root root 1277216 Oct  1 06:38 vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GBdrwxr-xr-x   3 root root    4096 Jan  7 15:49 xandros/[root@localhost real]#

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• réjean

• Bruno

• teacher

• linuxdude32

Name: kernel-2.4.27.0.pre2.1mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18144 KBSummary: The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system).Description: The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of your Mandrakelinux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device input and output, etc.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-2.6.8.1.12mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18966 KBSummary: The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system).Description: The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of your Mandrakelinux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device input and output, etc.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-docVersion: 2.6.8.1-12mdkSize: 6569 KBSummary: Various documentation bits found in the kernel source.Description: This package contains documentation files form the kernel source. Various bits of information about the Linux kernel and the device drivers shipped with it are documented in these files. You also might want install this package if you need a reference to the options that can be passed to Linux kernel modules at load time.

Name: kernel-enterprise-2.4.27.0.pre2.1mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18839 KBSummary: The Linux Kernel compiled with options for Enterprise server usage.Description: This package includes a kernel that has appropriate configuration options enabled for the typical large enterprise server.  This includes SMP support for multiple processor machines, support for large memory configurations and other appropriate items.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-enterprise-2.6.8.1.12mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18657 KBSummary: The Linux Kernel compiled with options for Enterprise server usage.Description: This package includes a kernel that has appropriate configuration options enabled for the typical large enterprise server.  This includes SMP support for multiple processor machines, support for large memory configurations and other appropriate items.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-i686-up-4GB-2.4.27.0.pre2.1mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18518 KBSummary: The Linux Kernel compiled for smp with 4GB.Description: This package includes a kernel that has appropriate configuration options enabled for the typical desktop with more than 1GB of memory.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-i686-up-64GB-2.6.8.1.12mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 19050 KBSummary: The Linux Kernel compiled for smp with 64GB.Description: This package includes a kernel that has appropriate configuration options enabled for the typical desktop with more than 1GB of memory.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-p3-smp-64GB-2.4.27.0.pre2.1mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18868 KBSummary: The Linux Kernel compiled with options for pentium III, smp and 64GB memory.Description: This package includes a kernel that has appropriate configuration options enabled for the typical large enterprise server.  This includes SMP support for multiple processor machines, support for large memory configurations (64GB) and support for pentium III.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-smp-2.6.8.1.12mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18609 KBSummary: The Linux Kernel compiled for SMP machines.Description: This package includes a SMP version of the Linux 2.6.8.1 kernel. It is required only on machines with two or more CPUs, although it should work fine on single-CPU boxes.For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-sourceVersion: 2.4.27-0.pre2.1mdkSize: 187961 KBSummary: The source code for the Linux kernel.Description: The kernel-source package contains the source code files for the Linux kernel. These source files are needed to build most C programs, since they depend on the constants defined in the source code. The source files can also be used to build a custom kernel that is better tuned to your particular hardware, if you are so inclined (and you know what you're doing).For instructions for update, see: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Name: kernel-source-2.6Version: 2.6.8.1-12mdkSize: 186389 KBSummary: The source code for the Linux kernel.Description: The kernel-source package contains the source code files for the Linux kernel. These source files are needed to build most C programs, since they depend on the constants defined in the source code. The source files can also be used to build a custom kernel that is better tuned to your particular hardware, if you are so inclined (and you know what you're doing).

Sorry. I could get just the list of kernels!

( was my mistake ) here are the corrected commands . . just run all 3 again

# rm -rf /boot/xandros# cp -r  /mnt/hda6/boot  /boot/xandros# ls -al  /boot/xandros

B) BrunoSorry . . getting to many phonecalls that distract me :D . . . . but it is okay now ;)

No go!

[root@localhost real]# rm -rf /boot/xandros[root@localhost real]# cp -r  /mnt/hda6/boot  /boot/xandroscp: cannot stat `/mnt/hda6/boot': No such file or directory[root@localhost real]# ls -al  /boot/xandrosls: /boot/xandros: No such file or directory[root@localhost real]#

Sure . . forgot that hda6 was not yet mounted ;)

# mkdir /mnt/hda6# mount /dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6# cp -r  /mnt/hda6/boot  /boot/xandros# ls -al  /boot/xandros

That should be the ones :D Bruno

Much, much better. Do you think that I can do the same with Ubuntu on my own?Here it is anyway:

root@localhost real]# mkdir /mnt/hda6[root@localhost real]# mount /dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6[root@localhost real]# cp -r  /mnt/hda6/boot  /boot/xandros[root@localhost real]# ls -al  /boot/xandrostotal 1824drwxr-xr-x  3 root root   4096 Jan  7 16:16 ./drwxr-xr-x  4 root root   4096 Jan  7 16:16 ../-rw-r--r--  1 root root    512 Jan  7 16:16 boot.0300-rw-r--r--  1 root root    512 Jan  7 16:16 boot.0306lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     19 Jan  7 16:16 boot.b -> /boot/boot-splash.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root   7716 Jan  7 16:16 boot-bmp.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root   5932 Jan  7 16:16 boot-compat.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root   7692 Jan  7 16:16 boot-menu.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root   8664 Jan  7 16:16 boot-splash.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root   8648 Jan  7 16:16 boot-splash.b.preserved-rw-r--r--  1 root root   5932 Jan  7 16:16 boot-text.blrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     19 Jan  7 16:16 cboot.b -> /boot/boot-splash.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root    316 Jan  7 16:16 chain.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root  39387 Jan  7 16:16 config-2.4.22-x1drwxr-xr-x  3 root root   4096 Jan  7 16:16 drake/-rw-r--r--  1 root root 114742 Jan  7 16:16 initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz-rw-------  1 root root  58880 Jan  7 16:16 map-rw-r--r--  1 root root    344 Jan  7 16:16 os2_d.blrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     16 Jan  7 16:16 splash.lilo -> xandros.splash.b-rw-r--r--  1 root root 557374 Jan  7 16:16 System.map-2.4.22-x1-rw-r--r--  1 root root 956518 Jan  7 16:16 vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1-rw-r--r--  1 root root  23030 Jan  7 16:16 xandros.splash.b[root@localhost real]# ls -al  /boot/xandros

Excellent . . . ( we will do Umbutu tomorrow . . let us first finish the projects for today ;) Now

# kwrite /etc/lilo.conf

And make it look like this . . . see the RED parts

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz    label="Mandrake"    root=/dev/hda8    initrd=/boot/initrd.img    append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"    vga=788    read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1    label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp "        vga=0xf04        read-only              image=/boot/vmlinuz    label="linux-nonfb"    root=/dev/hda8    initrd=/boot/initrd.img    append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"    read-only    image=/boot/vmlinuz    label="failsafe"    root=/dev/hda8    initrd=/boot/initrd.img    append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"    read-only    other=/dev/hda1    label="windows"    table=/dev/hda
So a secure job Réjean !!after saving the file show me
# cat /etc/lilo.cinf

:D Bruno

Good job Bruno!You had a slight typo and I left one comment at the top of the file when I deleted and copied otherwise it looks good:

[real@localhost real]$ suPassword:[root@localhost real]# cat /etc/lilo.conf# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz      label="Mandrake"      root=/dev/hda8      initrd=/boot/initrd.img      append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"      vga=788      read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1      label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp "        vga=0xf04        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz      label="linux-nonfb"      root=/dev/hda8      initrd=/boot/initrd.img      append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"      read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz      label="failsafe"      root=/dev/hda8      initrd=/boot/initrd.img      append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"      read-onlyother=/dev/hda1      label="windows"[root@localhost real]#

* I edited the quote for you ;) . . . Bruno

Edited by Bruno

Hi again Bruno!My mouse goes nut sometimes when I try rolling the middle wheel but the Kwrite was fine and I deleted the comments.Here is /sbin/lilo

[root@localhost real]# /sbin/liloAdded Mandrake *Added XandrosAdded linux-nonfbAdded failsafeAdded windows[root@localhost real]#

Edited by réjean

Looks good Réjean . . . . ( sorry for the lilo.cinf . . LOL )Now we can install the kernel . . . go to the MCC type in kernel and choose this one:Name: kernel-2.6.8.1.12mdkVersion: 1-1mdkSize: 18966 KBInstall it with it dependencies it asks for ( just say "yes" to a pop-up that asks you ) and adter that I want to see the lilo again:

# cat /etc/lilo.conf

Because installing the kernel will change lilo automatically . . :DB) Bruno

Hi Bruno!Stupid me. I forgot telling you that Jason sent me a Drake Update CD. Don't know if that changes anything? Anyway. I installed the new kernel and here is /lilo.conf:

[root@localhost real]# cat /etc/lilo.conf# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="Mandrake"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1        label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp"        vga=0xf04        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="linux-nonfb"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="failsafe"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"        read-onlyother=/dev/hda1        label="windows"        table=/dev/hdaimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="linux"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="2681-12"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-only[root@localhost real]#

Yep it worked :

image=/boot/vmlinuz        label="linux"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="2681-12"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-only
This part was added at the bottom !!! . . . now open /etc/liloconf again and remove the first part of the two . label="linux" . . . we have that already:
image=/boot/vmlinuz        label="linux"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-only
Leave the second one . . . . 2681-12 . . .that is the new kernel !And show me "cat /etc/lilo" againB) Bruno

Is this what you want?

[root@localhost real]# cat /etc/lilo.conf# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="Mandrake"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1        label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp"        vga=0xf04        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="linux-nonfb"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="failsafe"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"        read-onlyother=/dev/hda1        label="windows"        table=/dev/hdaimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="2681-12"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-only[root@localhost real]#

yep that comes close . . . now we will make it REALLY clear and better to read:We are moving the bottom part to 2nd place and call that one "Mandrake" . . and rename the first one to "Mandrake-up1GB" . . . . . ;)

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz       label="Mandrake-up1GB"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"       vga=788       read-only       image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="Mandrake" <===========================!!!!! changed from "2681-12" to mandrake        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1       label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp "        vga=0xf04        read-only              image=/boot/vmlinuz       label="linux-nonfb"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"       read-only       image=/boot/vmlinuz       label="failsafe"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"       read-only       other=/dev/hda1       label="windows"       table=/dev/hda
Show me the file again when you are readyB) Bruno

Hi Bruno!Good thing we made a Boot CD because before the last modifications my machine crashed. Itried rebooting. Could see the Drake Lilo menu but when I chose Mandrake or the last one (the number) the machine kept wanting t reboot). Anyway, with the CD I managed to get back into Drake and did your changes:

[real@localhost real]$ suPassword:[root@localhost real]# cat /etc/lilo.conf# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="Mandrake"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1        label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp"        vga=0xf04        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="linux-nonfb"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz        label="failsafe"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd.img        append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"        read-onlyother=/dev/hda1        label="windows"        table=/dev/hdaimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="2681-12"        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-only       vga=788       read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="Mandrake" <===========================!!!!! changed from "2681-12" to mandrake        root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1       label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp "        vga=0xf04        read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz       label="linux-nonfb"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"       read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz       label="failsafe"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"       read-onlyother=/dev/hda1       label="windows"       table=/dev/hda[root@localhost real]#

Ok! I don't seem to have pasted too many times this time..time...time...time...Lool!

<===========================!!!!! changed from "2681-12" to mandrake
That was my comment . . and should not be there !Your quote is not perfect, but after removing the quote I showed you I think it is okayB) Bruno

Well Thanks a lot Bruno. It must be getting late for you. As I said the crash and restarting BEFORE I did the last modifications and your comment had nothing to do with it. I removed it nonetheless.

Now run again:

# /sbin/lilo

And show me what it saysB) BrunoPS: Sorry I missed the crash . . . . . . yep I had a busy day . . . but we will finish this first B)

will look into this:

[root@localhost real]# /sbin/liloAdded Mandrake *Added XandrosAdded linux-nonfbAdded failsafeAdded windowsDuplicate entry 'vga' at or above line 52 in file '/etc/lilo.conf'[root@localhost real]#

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk    label="2681-12"    root=/dev/hda8    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img    append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"    vga=788    read-only      vga=788      read-onlyimage=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk
There it is.....

Duplicate entry 'vga' at or above line 52 in file '/etc/lilo.conf'
Check your file B) . . . and run "/sbin/lilo" again . . . :worthy: Bruno

First show me the file . . but copy and past it from Kwrite this time . . .because your quotes from the "cat" are confusing !!B) Bruno

Latest /sbin/lilo:[root@localhost real]# /sbin/liloAdded Mandrake *Added XandrosAdded linux-nonfbAdded failsafeAdded windowsAdded 2681-12Fatal: Duplicate label "Mandrake"[root@localhost real]#

Here is what we do Réjeanopen an empty kwrite file ( via the menu ) and paste this in the file:

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this filedefault="Mandrake"boot=/dev/hdamap=/boot/mapkeytable=/boot/us.kltpromptnowarntimeout=100message=/boot/messagemenu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bwimage=/boot/vmlinuz       label="Mandrake-up1GB"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"       vga=788       read-only       image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-12mdk        label="Mandrake"         root=/dev/hda8        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.8.1-12mdk.img        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"        vga=788        read-onlyimage=/boot/xandros/vmlinuz-2.4.22-x1       label="Xandros"        root=/dev/hda6        initrd=/boot/xandros/initrd-2.4.22-x1.gz        append="rw acpi=on noagp "        vga=0xf04        read-only              image=/boot/vmlinuz       label="linux-nonfb"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"       read-only       image=/boot/vmlinuz       label="failsafe"       root=/dev/hda8       initrd=/boot/initrd.img       append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"       read-only       other=/dev/hda1       label="windows"       table=/dev/hda
No more . . no less . . check it . . Then save the file to your /home/rejean and call it "lilo.conf"Then
# cp  lilo.conf   /etc

It will ask if it should overwrite the file . . and you say YB) Bruno

Ok! It took a while to copy and paste and cut etc but here we are, no errors:

[real@localhost real]$ suPassword:[root@localhost real]# /sbin/liloAdded Mandrake *Added XandrosAdded linux-nonfbAdded failsafeAdded windows[root@localhost real]#

But I miss this one: "Mandrake-up1GB"Try what I wrote in my previous post . . . . . and copy the full new lilo.conf in its place . . B) Bruno