• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• greengeek

• georgeg4

My wife and I put in a new flower bed every year because she buys too many plants.  :o  Of course I have to help, she buys hardwood mulch by the dump truck and I'm not kidding!  :o
We are blessed here. We put our trimmings by the road and they come through every couple of months and chop them all up and haul them away. Then we put a little sign in the front yard that says "chips please". One day I went out and someone put a bag of potato chips there. Unopened even. I still have not figured out who the practical joker was but I have ideas.The last load was about six x ten x six foot in size. I don't know why it took my husband a couple of weeks to move it all. The only dirt we have is from decomposed mulch. After getting loads like this two or three times a year for ten years we do have a little bit of dirt. I guess that is why we have some weeds instead of just sand. I'm sorry that you have to go buy yours. Ours comes out of our tax dollars. I figure this is recycling at its finest!

One day I went out and someone put a bag of potatoe chips there. Unopened even. I still have not figured out who the practical joker was but I have ideas.
:lol:

teacherThe last load was about six x ten x six foot in size. I don't know why it took my husband a couple of weeks to move it all.
I know why. :lol: It's a lot of work. We have a chipper that we used for a couple of years but it is so loud even with double ear protection that we only use it sparingly to clean up limbs.I have a friend that has a dump truck so I get a good price because he makes me his last load on his way home.We have clay soil here so we have to amend the gardens. I make a lot of compost each year and after a couple of years it makes a big difference. Of course the mulch breaks down pretty fast, too.We harvested asparagus for 2 months, now our green beans are producing. The corn is a foot tall and growing now that the weather is warmer. Jeber, bring your crew over here! Lot's of weeds. :lol: Ken

potatoe
Just curious...was Dan Quayle ever a neighbor of yours? B) And you, a teacher... :)
I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. :blink:Also, we are not allowed to talk about all the politicans that have homes here - like senators/Cabinet members from Missouri and other places. They would not want their constituents to know they spend all there time here instead of back in their districts. For being a ways from any city, we have our share of stretch limos, expensive cars, drivers, etc. :D Besides Jeber, I had to give you something to write about.