Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• amenditman

• sunrat

• V.T. Eric Layton

sunrat
8 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Blns0Um.jpg

I don't consider mocking vegans to be funny at all. I'm not a vegan but am sympathetic to their reasons for being one. The world would be a lot better off with much less meat consumption starting with all the greenhouse gases they emit and all the forests which get destroyed to farm them.

Meat is an extremely low value food considering the resources it takes to produce it.

The "animal rights" side of things is also a worthy consideration. Would you eat your pet dog? Have you ever looked into a cow's eyes?

securitybreach

You may have to open in another tab to see the video but its hilarious

nPWNple.gif

sunrat
13 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Funny enough, they have to take supplements that only come from meat to live. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325283

Definitely not natural for humans as we are omnivorous 

You didn't even read that article, did you? It lists non-meat and vegan sources for all of those nutrients. The hardest to get in food is B12 which can be found in fortified nutitional yeast.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a steak or hamburger occasionally but producing meat is bad for the planet. Many people eat much more meat than they need for the protein and nutrient needs, which contributes to obesity. And some meat products are positively unhealthy; bacon and many processed meats and sausages contain high levels of salt and fat.

securitybreach

I read it all:

Plant sources are sometimes available, but often a vegetarian will have to take supplements to get the proper amounts. Consult with your doctor before supplementing any dietary nutrient.