The Raspberry Pi

crp

abarbarian

http://www.themagpi.com/#/download/4563975157

The MagPi is a community led monthly online magaizine aimed at all things Raspberry Pi and written with all users levels in mind.

Over the next few months we will feature a wide array of articles from how to simulate the R-Pi environment , to setting up your R-Pi, code tutorials, projects and much much more!

If you are interested in submitting an article to the MagPi, please see our 'submit an article' section above.

This looks interesting if your a pi lover. :th_0142:

abarbarian

went to farnell uk.

filled out a form.

site said they'd send me an invite to fill out another form.

lol

guess we'll see.

the ebay link was borked.

Link still works here.The pi sold for £135.

There are a few more on UK e-bay looks like they are selling for around £120 which is not a bad profit margin at all.

Looks like most folk are waiting for their pi to arrive from the suppliers rather than paying through the nose.I'm really looking forward to getting me hands on mine. :D

I check the status on my order on Thursday. Shipping won't occur before August 16!!!!

Might want to check you order status again. Mine just went from Aug 16 to Jun 18 from Newark.

abarbarian

Cool! Thanks for posting it abarbarian! It is not a yawn one to me. ;)

Me neither. Do you know I spend hours and hours dreaming about having my own slice of PI :Laughing:

abarbarian

Neat vids Temmu. I have seen some on u tube but it is nice to see some from the source as it were. The Pi is one cool toy. :clap:

I just received emails from both RS and Newark that they have each shipped me a Pi! Both are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday! :clap: :clap: If you still live close to Metairie, LA, Temmu, I'd be happy to share one with you. Edited by lewmur

• 2 weeks later...

wow, lewmer, thx! yes, i do!

Temmu;

I've left a couple of PMs for you. Have you read them? I'm having a lot of fun with my Pi and hate seeing the spare one just sitting there gathering dust.

Couple of hints for anyone who gets one and finds the performance so poor they want to junk it. The performance booting from the SD card is very poor but there is a solution. You can switch the boot process to a USB HDD or memory stick with a simple edit to the cmdline.txt file. The improvement is dramatic. Also, the Raspbian distro is much faster than the straight Debian. Finally, switch from LXDE to XFCE4. Once you've done that you'll have a usable install about as good as an Atom 1.6 ghz netbook running XP.

Lew

Glad you're having fu n with your Pi lewmur. :yes:

For those less fortunate here is an exciting read about what you can do with a Pi when you get yer hands on one :breakfast:

ISSUE 02 - JUN 2012

Really nice to have some real life feedback about the Pi.

Edited by abarbarian

Glad you're having fu n with your Pi lewmur. :yes:

For those less fortunate here is an exciting read about what you can do with a Pi when you get yer hands on one :breakfast:

ISSUE 02 - JUN 2012

Really nice to have some real life feedback about the Pi.

I'm having fun with mine just experimenting. On the practical side, when I'm not playing with it, it is working well as both a NAS and an FTP server.

Lew

I'm going to take that old JC trick with the loaves and fishes and update it with a twist. I'll embelish slices of Pi with goodies and hand them out to the needy so that they can benift by seeing and hearing the imutable truth of the word of PI.

:hysterical:

Edited by abarbarian