• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• Owyn

• Peachy

• quint

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I shall reboot and report back to you in a moment. Stay tuned, Bat-Penguins, same Penguin forum, same Penguin distro...

I like this one, due to no sound problems:

[quint@localhost quint]$ uname -r2.6.0-0.test9.4mdk[quint@localhost quint]$
Do you suggest this with Mandrake 9.1, also? B)

I like this one, due to no sound problems:
[quint@localhost quint]$ uname -r2.6.0-0.test9.4mdk[quint@localhost quint]$
Do you suggest this with Mandrake 9.1, also? B)
No

We´re all upgrading to test.9.4 Quint ! . . . . Dunno about 9.1 . . . was thinking the same, will try it just before installing 9.2 on my main system B) I Guess there will be dependency problems. And the easy install script was made for 9.2B) Bruno

We´re all upgrading to test.9.4 Quint ! . . . . Dunno about 9.1 . . . was thinking the same, will try it just before installing 9.2 on my main system :( I Guess there will be dependency problems. And the easy install script was made for 9.2B) Bruno
Thank you, Bruno...that's exactly what I was wondering. I am very impressed by all this - just wish I could see the "boot-up messages" in real-time...but I'm sure not complaining! B)

We´re all upgrading to test.9.4 Quint ! . . . . Dunno about 9.1 . . . was thinking the same, will try it just before installing 9.2 on my main system B) I Guess there will be dependency problems. And the easy install script was made for 9.2
Believe me. You don't even want to try. It hurts.

Is this turning into a 2.6 Fest :w00t:  :lol:
Yep. I have been watching 2.6 since test4. Always seemed to be enough problems that it was not safe for me to test. I didn't know enough to dig myself out of the holes.test9 looked very good, and with the installation procedures streamlined in Mandrake it is almost a no brainer to go ahead with it.Mandrake 9.2 is a particulary good platform because they have also been working very hard to get all the alsa/audio components working in the base install. Still some pieces pending from cooker but they should shake out very quickly. Audacity here I come.

Had just a little glitch . . wanted to turn off my test-system and it would not shut-down . . . it just hung there . . no messages :w00t: . . . . no skinny elephants, nothing helped, waited 5 minutes, so I had to press the reset button . . . and booted into the old kernel to see the messages . . . . and yes an unclean shutdown, luckily the journal Ext3 system worked like a dream ( did not press Y ) and all was fine.Tell us if you have similar experiences later.:lol: Bruno

[barry@dhcppc3 barry]$ uname -r2.6.0-0.test9.4mdk[barry@dhcppc3 barry]$Ok this is drake ..had to wait til I got home to show ya............This is sweet...mouse is good(usb) sound good

Thanks Owyn, . . must have been a one off glitch . . . Barry, good man, nice work ! Welcome !Peachy . . . ??? Where are you gone to . . . . :w00t: Bruno

I'm back, but arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!So, everytime I choose 2.6test9.4 from the lilo menu the screen goes black. I've sat there for over five minutes each time and then just rebooted. So, any suggestions?

I'm back, but arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!So, everytime I choose 2.6test9.4 from the lilo menu the screen goes black. I've sat there for over five minutes each time and then just rebooted. So, any suggestions?
Trying to remember your hardware Peachy. SATA drives?