2.6 Kernel . . . in Mandrake 9.2

Owyn

Not celebrating with anything as wild as Vivaldi (gone to college) but a little YoYo MaMa to check out the sound quality. Sweet. Both ends are nice. Tested Linux show for XMMS and Jen's newest animation for Totem. XMMS worked but Totem is dead.I LIKE IT!!! B) :w00t: B)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• Owyn

• Peachy

• quint

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the only thing I don't like is the way my mouse works.  I can't just scroll anywhere with the wheel.  I have to click and do it that way.
I am using a Logitech PS/2 wheel mouse without problem.Which mouse are you using?

Same as Bruno - cordless mouseman from Logitech. It works. It's just that I can only scroll with the wheel by clicking on it first and doing the rapid scroll thing. I like to just roll the scroll bar on some posts and emails. And it won't scroll inside the window to type a message to post.

Owyn I looked at your line
As good as it gets without rolling your own.
and about flipped until I got the Linux connotation! :w00t:
ROFL. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Using a Logitech PS/2 wheel mouse too . . . with wire . . . my wireless is on the other system that awaits the PowerPack.( Julia I´m not using my "Logitech Cordless Desktop Comfort" on my test system ):w00t: Bruno

Okay, I want to join the club... that's my evening's project. So where do I get the 2.6test, on the CDs or do I need to download it.

This is the one you want: http://compil.mandrake.org/~blino/kernel-2...1-1mdk.i586.rpmIt´s RPMS, takes care of the dependencies itself . . . no compiling no editing lilo or copying vmlinuz to boot . . all is done for you automagically . . . download and reboot 5 minutes later . . . in 2.6 !:w00t: Bruno
You spoke too soon:
module-init-tools >= 0.9.11a is needed by kernel-2.6.0-0.test9.4mdk-1-1mdk
I can't seem to find it using rpmdrake. Any suggestions?

Peachy,Add the "contrib" source . . and it will be therePaste this in a root console:

urpmi.addmedia contrib_ftp.nluug.nl_i586_9.2 ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/Mandrake/iso/../9.2/contrib/i586/ with hdlist.cz

Then after upoading the source it will be in the MCC if you do a search for the file "module-init-tools":w00t: Bruno

Edited by Bruno

Downloading now. When you say unload the source, what do you mean? Manually or does this do it automatically?
I did mean uploading . . typo . . goes automatically . . . . the code is 1 lineB) Bruno

'All packages' under the search-box., 'All packages' 'by group' change the by group in: 'by medium repository' > 'contrib' and selec a 2.6 there . . it will tell you that you need the tool too . . look where those tools are and what they are called.Don´t install those kernels but the one in the post above ( not 5.1 but 9.4 )B) Bruno

Okay, I think I understand how it works. But, I see 5.1 and not 9.4. If I select 5.1 it says I can't because it needs modules-init-tools-0.9.11a...