Dreamlinux 3.0 information

striker

The verdict:Alright, this is the greatest pile of crap I have ever seen in more than 10 years of linuxing.Applications constantly hanging, have to use xkill to get rid of it(but you have to install it first!). Overall behavior jerky at best, jumping mouse cursor.No wifi possible with WPA, not even with installed atheros drivers (madwifi) and wpa stuff.Notebooks fan doesn't seem to stop anymore, just spins constantly, despite I removed powernowd and installed kPowersave and Klaptopdaemon and acerhk utils.This whole distro is just not ready for prime time, I deem it early beta quality and not usable for any production machine at all.I would say it's not a DreamLinux but a NightmareLinux, complete waste of time.Never ever saw such a pile of junk out there.Ekiga unusable, doesn't respond for 6 minutes before it finally loads and when it finally loads it doesn' t even see the webcam, which every modern distro out there sees and handles OK nowadays. Even installed all webcab,video, uvc related libraries and what not: forget it, just doesn't work.With all the previous complaints - see posts above - it's clear now this distro is ready for garbage.Just 7 more days to wait then Ubuntu comes along: it will wipe this piece of crap out of its space and at least will work descently to a usable extent, even unseen yet. That's where I would put my trust now. And I'm not even a Ubuntu user or fan.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• striker

• SueD

• ozgeek

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the previous complaints - see posts above - it's clear now this distro is ready for garbage.
That is a real shame . . . . because previous version of DreamLinux was quite nice.:whistling: Bruno

Be careful sunrat while installing on hard disk. I encountered enough things to get rid of it, it was just a frustrating experience. It needs a lot of work, tinkering and tweaking and bug hunting. So be prepared. :hysterical:

Be careful sunrat while installing on hard disk. I encountered enough things to get rid of it, it was just a frustrating experience. It needs a lot of work, tinkering and tweaking and bug hunting. So be prepared. :thumbsup:
Actually I did try an RC version on an old Dell p3 and it got a fail from me. X problems. It now runs beautifully with Sidux. :w00t: