Upload a new image from your computer

Ozidave

Well, were you recently trying to upload an "intel inside" based avatar? If you have not already, clear your cache... the intel inside avatar is there, and matches your info that you gave. Adam

It wouldn't accept any of three different .gif's, all under the max size. ?Maybe it would be better to change the IPB alert wording to something like."Due to an IPB exploit, all images must be externally hosted at this time"Or something like that... ;)It doesn't matter now as far as I'm concerned... It's there and hosted elsewhere. B)

Oh, I see......I've run into a problem where someone said they had a new avatar, and it would take a couple of days to show up in my browser, since it was already cached to my hard drive. This especially apparent when the filenames are the same.I've been using my avatar for some time, so I don't know if or how new versions of IPB have affected uploading of images.Adam

It's up to Admin to approve what type, size etc, of Mime types can be uploaded directly using IPB. It should be in the Admin CP, somewhere, along with all of the Alert Script.Don't know about the cache business ?? Should not have been a problem on this occasion. The old avatar was removed ok.. so it's not a refresh problem either. :(Doesn't matter.....

When I said cache, I meant my cache of temp internet files on this computer. Your browser will not re-download a file if you have it already in cache. If the IPB uses the same file name for the new avatar, hen it will take a bit of time for your browser to "realize" there is a new file there (in spite of the same name), and to get the new one.As far as the Admin CP... I have no idea.

I know the browser wont re-download a file with the same name into the cache... Not unless the page is refreshed either manually or automatically.................... Depends a lot on one's browser settings.

Guest LilBambi

If you clear your browser cache, do control Refresh and it still doesn't load. Close the browser and open it again after doing those things.I see your new avatar ... it is a kissing donkey that says kiss my donkey.I saw your other new avatar as well.It is a browser cache issue. We've all experienced it when we change our avatar or someone else changes an avatar IF we've already loaded the person's previous avatar since the last cache clearing. This is really nothing new, nor is it new with this version of the forum software. This has been the case depending upon your browser and/or your browser settings for several years.If that happens, before I do anything else, I will open a different browser that I haven't loaded the forums with that day, and I will generally see the new avatar there right away.Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Question ... I just tried to change my avatar but "upload failed" it is a "gif" 9.2 in size ...have read this thread looking for a way/means .. what is my next step ???