Optimal Partitioning

teacher

I know you will succeed...you never give up - a most admirable quality.
That or I have friends that never give up. B) I won't tell who though. :o
av-611.gif :o B)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Bruno

• quint

• Peachy

Top Posters In This Topic

You peeked! How did you figure it out? B) Is it because he is such a task master? He is always there with his whip in case I slack off with my work. Always trying to keep me focused and on task. Even when I stopped for company, he wanted to know how I could stop mid-lesson! :o B) :o

You peeked!  How did you figure it out?  :D  Is it because he is such a task master?  He is always there with his whip in case I slack off with my work.  Always trying to keep me focused and on task.  Even when I stopped for company, he wanted to know how I could stop mid-lesson!  :D  ;)  :D
Hi Julia...was in the workshop, making an oriole / catbird feeder for the missus, when a voice inside my head said: "Slackware...came upstairs, and there it was a false alarm. ;) Thought you were ready to install; not rushing you, just hoping, and I would figure that your "task master" would love nothing more, than to guide you through that endeavor... :lol: ;)

]Hi Julia...was in the workshop, making an oriole / catbird feeder for the missus, when a voice inside my head said: "Slackware...came upstairs, and there it was a false alarm. :lol: Thought you were ready to install; not rushing you, just hoping, and I would figure that your "task master" would love nothing more, than to guide you through that endeavor... :lol:  :P
So, Quint, let's see:Simply using the word slack is enough to get you running from your workshop. Hope you aren't sleeping now. :D Bruno, do you really think all penguins look alike? Julia.gif pingquin2.jpgpenguinB.gifDo you think someone can't be picked out from a lineup???? :D I won't even tell where I saw all these penguins....

]Hi Julia...was in the workshop, making an oriole / catbird feeder for the missus, when a voice inside my head said: "Slackware...came upstairs, and there it was a false alarm. :blink: Thought you were ready to install; not rushing you, just hoping, and I would figure that your "task master" would love nothing more, than to guide you through that endeavor... B)  ;)
So, Quint, let's see:Simply using the word slack is enough to get you running from your workshop. Hope you aren't sleeping now. :D Bruno, do you really think all penguins look alike? Julia.gif pingquin2.jpgpenguinB.gifDo you think someone can't be picked out from a lineup???? :D I won't even tell where I saw all these penguins....
Sorry about my "pre-occupied /w Slackware mind", will restrain myself. B) "Will the real Bruno, please stand up!" :lol: penguin3.jpg

Quint: It's easy to pick out Bruno - he's the one leading the pack.I think I have figured out how to convert it to autoboot into windows if you do nothing for when I let hubby have this computer. Under the start menu, configuration, KDE there is System then boot manager. It allows you to go in and change which is the default. I changed it to Windows, then cancelled the action when it kept asking if I was crazy. Not in those words, but "Are you sure you really want to do this. this is not a standard configuration" type of warnings.Is it really that simple?

Well you could also change the '/etc/lilo.conf' file. There is a line: -default="mandrake"- just make that -default="windows"- and write the changed file to the MBR: ¨/sbin/lilo¨I always do trust the commandline more then those wizards . . B):blink: Bruno

You are right about wizards. I won't tell you what cross-over office did to all my CD drives today. I need to go straighten them all back out. At least this is now my "practice" computer. Of course, I could have stuck to the proven applications rather than trying what I hoped would work. :blink:

I won't tell you what cross-over office did to all my CD drives today.  I need to go straighten them all back out.  At least this is now my "practice" computer.  Of course, I could have stuck to the proven applications rather than trying what I hoped would work.  :blink:
Come on, tell us . . we´d like to hear those kinds of desasters . . ;) B) ! Actualy we all should have a ¨practice"computer to try out such things as CrossOver Office . . . I think you´re really detement to blow up that old computer ?!?:lol: Bruno

Now Bruno, you know I only blow up computers in my dreams, and then it is spectacular. You were not suppose to tell anyone. You keep letting it out. See what happens when you tell a penguin secrets? :oWhat happened in crossover. You will have to go look at the CrossOver thread.