GOOD NEWS --- bad news

bob3160

Alice received this today and I thought it's worth passing on: A Keeper¸...¸ ____ /\______,·´º o `, /__/ _/\_ //____/\```)¨(´´ | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l±±±±¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°One day someone's mother died.And on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of her bedroom, thedaughter was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't any more.No more hugs, no more lucky moments to celebrate together, no more phonecalls just to chat, no more "just one minute."Sometimes, what we care about the most goes away . . never to return beforewe can say good-bye, say "I Love You."¸..¸ ____ /\______,·´º o `, /__/ _/\_ //____/\```)¨(´´ | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l±±±±¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·- :º°So while we have it . . . it's best we love it . .. and care for itand fix it when it's broken . and take good care of it when it's sick.This is true for marriage . and friendships ....And children with bad report cards; And dogs with bad hips; And wives with bad liversAnd aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we cherish them .¸...¸ ____ /\______,·´º o `, /__/ _/\_ //____/\```)¨(´´ | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l±±±±¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a classmate wegrew up with. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.¸...¸ ____ /\______,·´º o `, /__/ _/\_ //____/\```)¨(´´ | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l±±±±,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·- :º°Life is important, and so are the people we know . . and so, We keep them close!¸...¸ ____ /\______,·´º o `, /__/ _/\_ //____/\```)¨(´´ | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l±±±±¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°I received this from someone who thought I was a 'KEEPER'!Then I sent It to the people I think of in the same way.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bob3160

• greengeek

• Rons

• zlim

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LilBambi

Life is certainly something to cherish ... I went through a life defining time in my life last year when my Dad died.I put up a few items about it on my blog in the category "Daddy…Loving Memory" ... there are only 5 entries there, but each one was a step in the very painful transition from having a Dad here to talk to somewhere on this planet, and that no longer being the case.Mourning is a very strange thing ... the pain of it is unbelievable.On May 26th it was one year since my Dad died and although the excruciating pain doesn't come as often as it did a year ago, I am still reduced to tears and sadness when it hits...I am just thankful that my Dad and I were close and that there was such a great comraderie and respect between us while he was alive. We had some wonderful times growing up and I will cherish them always.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update has been added to Alices website.Another hurdle has been overcome. One step closer toward going back home.http://bob3160.googlepages.com/newbeginningDowntownDallas.pngYesterday morning, we went on a four hour tour of the downtown area of Dallas.Unfortunately, I had to take the tour alone since Alice had a bitof an upset tummy this morning and was asked to take lots of pictures.http://picasaweb.google.com/bob3160/SightsOfDowntownDallas

Even though Alice was one of the lucky ones, please, don't forget: Heroes Save LivesMore than 18 people die each day waiting for an organ donor and over 90,720are on the waiting list. Of these 90,720 people, 10% are from New YorkState alone. Each year, more than 6,000 people die in the United Stateswaiting for organ transplants and every 13 minutes a new name is added tothe national waiting list for organs.There are mothers, daughters, sons and fathers everywhere waiting for an organ to continue a normal life. There is only so much the doctors can do. Are you a registered organ donor?Signing the back of your Driver’s License is not enough. For moreinformation or to register immediately visit:Donation Information: Organ and Tissue Donor Card It take only minutes to register.ThanksBob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alice and I are now back home. We have been home since July 8th.Alice has accomplished quite a few few things in the past few weeks.We've had our first follow up visit with our own doctor and he was quite surprised when he first saw her. She's not the same person that left here some four month ago.The doctor was actually elated at the progress she's made in such a short time.Alice is now back to driving and no longer needs me as her chauffeur.Alice is also doing the cooking again. I still help with the dishes.....Tomorrow, she has a luncheon appointment with her bowling teammates and after lunch, she'll attempt bowling again which she's missed for the past 2 years. If all goes well tomorrow, she'll be back on her Mon. and Thur. leagues when they start up again in August.All I can say is she's a real trooper and I'm extremely grateful for the outcome.Bob More updates when ever warranted. For now, we're happy to get on with our lives.

• 5 months later...

Our final update of 2006. A year which was filled with sadness, laughter happiness and cheer.Alice and I will celebrate this Holiday Season by remembering the family of Alice's organ donor.Without their unselfish generosity in their most painstaking hour, Alice might not be hereto celebrate this glorious season. We will celebrate this Holiday Season by remembering our family with out who's support,all those anxious hours would have been unbearable. We will celebrate this Holiday Season by remembering all the wonderful friends we've made on the INTERNET.Friends we've never meet and most we probably never will meet. Many of you however, have become as real as our actual family. We will celebrate this Holiday Season by rejoicing in all the new friends we made while we where in Dallas. Some of the other transplant recipients we had the good fortune to meet are as close to us as our own brothers and sisters. We will also remember Marsha May, one of the transplant recipients who unfortunately passed away shortly after we had gone home.Rest in peace Marsha, you are missed and loved by many. It's hard to believe that it's already been eight month since the transplant.It's truly amazing what a difference it has made. Her friends and family again have a real person to talk to and laugh with. I again have a companion full of life.She's back to league bowling twice a week and has competed in her first bowling tournament. God has truly worked a miracle in our family this year. ( THANK YOU ) Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all of you and a sincere thanks for all the support and good wishes you've sent us this year. We have certainly had many blessing bestowed upon us this year. :hysterical: You'll also find this on the web at:http://bob3160.googlepages.com/newbeginning

• 3 months later...
HappyBirtday2.gifToday is a very special birthday for Alice.I year ago, Alice received her lifesaving liver transplant.We'll be leaving on Thursday for Baylor Medical Center forAlice's first annual post transplant check-up. (Boy what a mouthful...)It's quite an intense procedure and starts at 6:30 AM and ends sometime in the late evening.While we're in Dallas, we'll also be attending the 20th Annual Transplant Reunion which is hosted by Baylor Medical Centereach year. This year it's being celebrated on the 22nd of April.I'll be posting pictures of the event at:http://bob3160.blogspot.com As you can see, some of our friends have already started the celebrationa little early.