xorg.conf

securitybreach

securitybreach

# **********************************************************************# Monitor section# **********************************************************************# Any number of monitor sections may be presentSection "Monitor" Identifier "My Monitor"# HorizSync is in kHz unless units are specified.# HorizSync may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a# comma separated list of ranges of values.# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY. REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS. HorizSync 31.5 - 50.0# HorizSync 30-64 # multisync# HorizSync 31.5, 35.2 # multiple fixed sync frequencies# HorizSync 15-25, 30-50 # multiple ranges of sync frequencies# VertRefresh is in Hz unless units are specified.# VertRefresh may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a# comma separated list of ranges of values.# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY. REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS. VertRefresh 40-90EndSection# **********************************************************************# Graphics device section# **********************************************************************# Any number of graphics device sections may be presentSection "Device" Identifier "VESA Framebuffer" Driver "fbdev" #VideoRam 4096 # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriateEndSection# **********************************************************************# Screen sections# **********************************************************************# Any number of screen sections may be present. Each describes# the configuration of a single screen. A single specific screen section# may be specified from the X server command line with the "-screen"# option.Section "Screen" Identifier "Screen 1" Device "VESA Framebuffer" Monitor "My Monitor"# You shouldn't need to set a default depth as the server will use# whatever the framebuffer is set to. If you insist on setting it, make# sure it matches the setting for your framebuffer.# DefaultDepth 8 Subsection "Display" Depth 8 EndSubsection Subsection "Display" Depth 16 EndSubsection Subsection "Display" Depth 24 EndSubsection Subsection "Display" Depth 32 EndSubsectionI also tried running xorgsetup and xorgconfig.

Edited by securitybreach

linuxdude32

If you haven't already, look inside the .tgz file. There should be instructions within. That's usually the case if there aren't instructions on the website itself.

securitybreach

The problem was my monitor not my grapics card.Before staring X I ran xorgconfig Then went in and put in the Horizontal and Verticle Rates and selected search graphics card in database and it had my card. Works perfectly now except for my sound. * Rest of the thread is split off, you can find the sound problem Here . . . . . . . . . . . . . by bruno