Desktop Screenshots, Round IV

Are uze guyz really serious about staring at the same desktop (wallpaper) image for a WHOLE month, at a time??? Yawn! :devil:I am making this offering to uze guyz for one last time as a salvation: Just install WallPaper Master FREEware in your system and make that monitor work for you more! I use it in the StartUp and change image every 120minutes. I am yet to see it cause problems with the OS!
It does not bother me at all, as I only see it on either start up and /or shutdown or for other short periods of time. I have no need of third party software to change my wallpaper either, it's alright for the new fellers to computing though, who do not know arthur from martha regarding computers... :whistling:
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Temmu

• Plukaduk

• cybormoron

• RandomBox

I have eight desktops on my main Linux machine and a different wallpaper on each but I rarely actually see the desktop as it's covered with other projects so wallpaper is not very important to me.

daveydoom
Are uze guyz really serious about staring at the same desktop (wallpaper) image for a WHOLE month, at a time??? Yawn! B)
I've had the same plain, green background for over three years now. No icons or shortcuts on it at all. Works well for me and I like it like that.

my first screenshot from my new reorganization on my test box. 7 more distros coming up. this is the mandriva one 2007 cube, with no video card on my machine, hehe. 1600x1200http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=man1cuberm4.jpg800x600http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=man1cubebf8.jpgdifferent view with panels. extra panel on left. both are usually on auto-hide.http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=man2cubess0.jpg

Edited by cybormoron

I'm impressed. And all that with no video card?I haven't attempted much because I don't have too much in the way of video and in fact, SUSE won't even load it just says video not supported.

wow. that cube thing... you can clicky on different sides? on icons on different sides? does a side bring up a desktop?
yes temmu, that is 4 different desktops. i can "grab" it with the mouse and spin it or click the task bar and the cube will spin right to the open window. i actually kind of like using it. there's other window effects but i haven't discovered them yet. you should see the effects with the elive distro, they're pretty neat also.
I'm impressed. And all that with no video card?I haven't attempted much because I don't have too much in the way of video and in fact, SUSE won't even load it just says video not supported.
i tried to install a few different distros today and they won't work. something about no parameters found for X server. it's strange that mdv07 with 3d will work but not slackware, suse, debian. and a couple others.
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the IceTv guide. I may send that page to a friend so she can download the widget. I think her high speed might be satellite - she's moved from the Blue Mountain area to the back of beyond or as the Aussies say it in the Sydney area, "beyond the black stump".

I won't link my desktop as it is my family from Christmas - brothers, sisters, and their families. However as I was just browsing this month's National Geographic magazine I noticed they had a URL for their site listed with wallpapers available that you can download and install. http://seabed.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/w...&priority=1Is the link for the wallpapers. Here is a link to one of the examples: http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/070...lgeographic.comThey are all pictures from the current magazine.

I like the IceTv guide. I may send that page to a friend so she can download the widget. I think her high speed might be satellite - she's moved from the Blue Mountain area to the back of beyond or as the Aussies say it in the Sydney area, "beyond the black stump".
The black stump, is back of beyond out in the never never Zlim... B)

cool images, plukaduk, teacher & darkserge!so... i got this two monitor thingy going; it seems if you want to have different images on 2 screens, you have to "tile" an image the size of both screens in order for it to spill over onto the other one.so... i borrowed some frogs from the nat geo site (appologies) and applied them to a rather large piece of black, and came up with... this!froggd3.th.pngpsedited 1/2 a million times to figure out how to encapsulate the thumbnail in the linky thingy.

Edited by Temmu

i lived between dallas and ft worth for a couple of years; i photo'd the stockyard, rolling stock, and engines extensively; i was going to model it... never happened. se la vie.

so... i got this two monitor thingy going; it seems if you want to have different images on 2 screens, you have to "tile" an image the size of both screens in order for it to spill over onto the other one.
A shipload of dual monitor wallpapers here Temmu... http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/dual_monitor_wallpapers/Edit: Forgot the linky. Out in the hot sun with out a hat to often, it's sending me troppo... ;) Edited by Plukaduk
"C'est la vie!"... Not a nit, just an FYI >> for future usage! ;)
Let's not be hasty... languages are, after all, alive, well, and living in Paris. Here's my evolutionary suggestion:auto18uv6.gifSEL la vie! ;) Edited by Urmas
i lived between dallas and ft worth for a couple of years; i photo'd the stockyard, rolling stock, and engines extensively; i was going to model it... never happened. se la vie.
I can't afford to model in real life but I'm just starting to learn 3D computer modelling so I can design my own trains for MS Train Sim
...C'est la vie!...
ah-ha! ~i'll~ have to remember ~that~ ;)
...SEL la vie! :)
:lol: indeed!
thanks! and there's even a jaguar e type form 1960 or so!! always wanted one...
I can't afford to model in real life but I'm just starting to learn 3D computer modelling so I can design my own trains for MS Train Sim
cool! post pix one day :sweatingbullets:

There are 'dynamic' languages and there are 'dead' languages:The American English is strictly governed by usage. Thus, it is a prime example of a 'dynamic' language that morphs as time passes. {I will spare you any examples}.Then, we have Latin... (QED)Ooops, I almost forgot... Then there is the French Language Police {I refuse to sing a couple of notes}. :P========================I came here mainly to post this link that may be relevant to the subject matter.

• 3 weeks later...
cybormoron

hey, i just discovered a new image host from plukaduk's link. looks like a nice one, thanks plukaduk. i gotta be careful or i'll have my entire picture folder uploaded. :w00t: speaking of careful what type of sensitive info should one be careful of revealing? i guess the best way is to not upload anything. i check for email addy, ip addy that might appear in a shot but what about my hostname or anything else?here's my march offering. something tells me i'll be adding to this album, loool.http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.p...amp;album=24107

Edited by cybormoron