Mandriva runs on my laptop !

Bruno

Here is the idea: You have Mandriva running on a Laptop, and you want to share the experience so that people with the same laptop know what distro to install.Please copy the next report to your post and fill in the details:**********Model:Videocard:Network:Wifi:Bluetooth:Webcam:Touchpad:Hotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):Display:OS:Kernel:Suspend on Disk:Suspend on RAM:Comments:**********We will collect all the data in the 2nd post ( that is why it is empty now ;) );) Your All Things Linux Mod Team

( This is to collect data )

-- Kamicota

Model:
HP DV5020CA (Canadian version of DV5000US)
Videocard:
ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 series
Network:
as below
Wifi:
Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Bluetooth:
Webcam:
None
Touchpad:
yes and external USB keytronic
Hotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):
Display:
1280x800
Mandriva 2007 64bits
Kernel:
26.17-5mdv
Suspend on Disk:
Suspend on RAM:
Comments:

-- striker

Model
:ACER Travelmate 6465WLMi - Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667
Videocard
:ATI Technologies Inc.M52 [Mobility Radeon X1300]/ driver ATI 8.34.8
Network
:Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express
Wifi
:Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, works out of the box
Bluetooth
: not tested
Webcam
:Acer Orbicam (SuYin) > works with Ekiga, Kopete (use v4l2)
Touchpad
:works OK > Trackpoint also works OK
Hotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...)
:I don't use these
Display
:15.4" matte display business class 1680x1050
OS
:Mandriva Spring (2007.1)
Kernel
:stock 2.6.17-13mdv
Suspend on Disk
: I don't use this
Suspend on RAM
Comments
:Soundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller, works out of the box with alsa 1.0.12;Display and ATI driver were installed and set up correctly out of the box. Mandriva Spring 'One' KDE used : of the distros out there it's oneof the very few which detects,recognizes and handles this notebook well.Webcam took some reseach but works.Wireless works with the set up tools provided wth the distro out of the box, after setting it up reboot and switch on the wireless network.The Powerdown feature seems to have a bug (?) : if you start in init3 mode Mandy hangs on it, when you start in init5 it might take a minutebut then it starts through; Also at first possibility you can't enter your username and password : click the session button and select restart x server,now you can enter the credentials and hit the enter button.

-- Anil

Model
:Acer Aspire 4710Z Intel® Pentium® dual-core T2080
Videocard
:Mobile Intel® 943GML Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics
Network
:Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Wifi
:Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Bluetooth
:Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Webcam
:Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Touchpad
:Seamless touchpad with 4-way scroll button
:Most of them function
Display
:14.1" WXGA high-brightness (200-nit) TFT LCD, multi-window viewing
OS
:Mandriva 2008.0
Kernel
:2.6.22.9
Suspend on Disk
: works
Suspend on RAM
Comments
:Mandriva 2008 installed flawlessly. wifi, sound, screen resolution, 3d etc worked out of Box. 5-in-1 card reader is detected but only SD card works. Most of the Hot Keys function without any problems. I went to keyboard setup and chose laptop mode for Acer.

-- striker

Model
: ACER Travelmate 6465WLMi -- Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667
Videocard
: ATI Technologies Inc.M52 Mobility Radeon X1300 (128MB) / ATI driver version 8.40.4
Network
: NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express > works
Wifi
: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection > works with manual edit in network set up
Bluetooth
: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) > can't test due to lack of BT equipment
Webcam
: Acer Orbicam works with Ekiga and v4l2 driver, works with Kopete.
Touchpad
: works, Trackpoint also works
:special Acer buttons (4) not configured; Home, End, PgUp and PgDn work.
Display
: 15.4" matte display 1680 x 1050 (24bit used in video driver)
OS
: Mandriva 2008 "One" / KDE i586
Kernel
: 2.6.22.9-desktop586-1mdv
Suspend on Disk
Suspend on RAM
Comments
: (7240 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1447.807 FPS)- direct rendering:YES Soundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller works out of the box(Alsa 1.0.14), just cranck up the volume a bit in kMix.If you need more 'power' use active speakers with volume control. Cooling fan of laptop works, goes up in rpms when it should and down when the laptop has cooled down. Card reader may work but not with xD Picture Card, I don't have other types (like SD) so I can't test that any further, albeit the driver is loaded. Display brightness up and down buttons work.

-- striker

Model
: ACER Travelmate 6465WLMi -- Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667
Videocard
: ATI Technologies Inc.M52 Mobility Radeon X1300 (128MB) / ATI driver version 8.40.4
Network
Wifi
: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection > had to fiddle a bit but it works now
Bluetooth
: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) > can't test due to lack of BT equipment
Webcam
: Acer Orbicam works with Ekiga and v4l2 driver, not tested with Kopete but probably works.
Touchpad
:special Acer buttons (4) not configured; Home, End, PgUp and PgDn work.
Display
OS
: Mandriva 2008 "Free" x86_64
Kernel
: 2.6.22.9-laptop-1mdv
Suspend on Disk
Suspend on RAM
Comments
: (7285 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1456.804 FPS)- direct rendering:YES Soundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller works out of the box(Alsa 1.0.14), just cranck up the volume a bit in kMix.If you need more 'power' use active speakers with volume control. Cooling fan of laptop works, goes up in rpms when it should and down when the laptop has cooled down. Card reader may work but not with xD Picture Card, I don't have other types (like SD) so I can't test that any further, albeit the driver is loaded. Display brightness up and down buttons work.

-- striker

Model
Videocard
Network
Wifi
: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection > had to fiddle a bit but it works now
Bluetooth
: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) > works OK with k320i mobile phone (KDE); also Blue LED at front of laptop lights up when accessing the front mounted switch.
Webcam
: Acer Orbicam works with Ekiga and v4l2 driver, not tested with Kopete but probably works.
Touchpad
:special Acer buttons (4) work **; Home, End, PgUp and PgDn work. (** see :
)
Display
OS
: Mandriva 2008 "Free"
x86_64
Kernel
:
2.6.22.12-laptop-1mdv
Suspend on Disk
Suspend on RAM
Comments
: (7285 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1456.804 FPS)- direct rendering:YES
Soundcard
:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller works out of the box(Alsa 1.0.14), just cranck up the volume a bit in kMix.If you need more 'power' use active speakers with volume control.
Cooling
fan of laptop works, goes up in rpms when it should and down when the laptop has cooled down.
Card reader
works perfectly with Sandisk SD card but not with xD Picture Cards, I don't use other types (like MMC) so I can't test that any further, albeit the driver is loaded.
Display brightness
up and down buttons work. For the suspend to RAM you may read this post to get it in working state:

--rakemup

Model:
Dell Vostro 1500 - 2.2GHz --Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU
Videocard:
Model: NVidia GeForce 8600M GT
Network:
Intel Pro/Wireless 4965 AGN linking to Linksys300N router
Wifi:
Bluetooth:
untried
Webcam:
none
Touchpad:
yes - works fine
Hotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):
untried
Display:
1680x1050
Mandriva2008 / XP
Kernel:
2.6.22.18-laptop-1mdv
Suspend on Disk:
unknown
Suspend on RAM:
unknown
Comments:
I first tried a Linksy 330N router but it would only connect for 5 minutes at a time. The sound card will not record. No other problems.

-- Bruno

Model:
ASUS EeePC 701 4GB ( Celeron M processor 900MHz )
Videocard:
Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller
Network:
Attansic Technology Corp. L2 100 Mbit Ethernet Adapter
Wifi:
Atheros Communications AR5000GEG 802.11 b/g ( Madwifi driver )
Bluetooth:
none
Webcam:
Works
Touchpad:
Yes
Hotkey's (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):
All work great like with the default Xandros-simple
Display:
Mandriva 2008.1 Spring PowerPack
Kernel:
2.6.24.4-laptop-3mnb
Suspend on Disk:
Works fine
Suspend on RAM:
Works fine
Comments:
Everything is supported, works out of the box.

-- Anil

Model:
ASUS EeePC 701 4GB ( Celeron M processor 900MHz )
Videocard:
Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller
Network:
Attansic Technology Corp. L2 100 Mbit Ethernet Adapter
Wifi:
Atheros Communications AR5000GEG 802.11 b/g ( Madwifi driver )
Bluetooth:
Works
Webcam:
Works
Touchpad:
Yes
Hotkey's (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):
Works
Display:
1024x768
Mandriva 2009 ONE-KDE4
Kernel:
2.6.27.5-desktop586-2mnb
Suspend on Disk:
Works
Suspend on RAM:
Works
Comments:
Everything is supported, works out of the box(almost)

Well here we goWe may need to update it later--->>>Model: HP DV5020CA (Canadian version of DV5000US)Videocard: ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 seriesNetwork: as below Wifi: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLANBluetooth:Webcam: NoneTouchpad: yes and external USB keytronicHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):Display: 1280x800 (In AA Rehab) Using 1280x1024 Dell LCD Flat Panel via KVM OS: Mandriva 2007 64 (for now)Kernel: Linux localhost 2.6.17-5mdv #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 14:28:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 AMD Turio n 64 Mobile Technology ML-32 GNU/LinuxSuspend on Disk: Do NOT KNOW ABOUT THESE TWO Suspend on RAM:Comments: a little patience please MOI in middle of CHANGES :) Cheers for YearsColin

Edited by Bruno

• 3 weeks later...

-- Piet (not registered)*

Model
:TOSHIBA S1900-203
Videocard
:ATI Mobility Radeon (M6)
Network
:Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection > works
Wifi
:not used
Bluetooth
Webcam
Touchpad
:not used, USB mini mouse connected
:Home key works, others not used
Display
:1024x768
OS
:Mandriva 2006
Kernel
:2.6.12-12mdk
Suspend on Disk
Suspend on RAM
Comments
:Intel Brookdale i845D mainboard chipset;512 MB(DDR SDRAM);PCMCIA+USB works;
:
profile provided by striker

• 1 month later...

-- Piet (not registered)*

Model
:TOSHIBA S1900-203
Videocard
:ATI Mobility Radeon (M6)
Network
:Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection > works
Wifi
Bluetooth
Webcam
Touchpad
:not used, USB mini mouse connected
:Home key works, others not used
Display
:1024x768
OS
:Mandriva 2007.0
Kernel
:2.6.17-5mdk
Suspend on Disk
Suspend on RAM
Comments
:Intel Brookdale i845D mainboard chipset;512 MB(DDR SDRAM);PCMCIA+USB works;

*: profile provided by striker

• 7 months later...
:whistling: Yes, finally took the plunge and got myself a notebook !Model:ACER Travelmate 6465WMLi - Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667Videocard:ATI Technologies Inc.M52 [Mobility Radeon X1300]/ driver ATI 8.34.8Network:Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI ExpressWifi:Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, works out of the boxBluetooth: not testedWebcam:Acer Orbicam (SuYin) > works with Ekiga (use v4l2), Kopete.Touchpad:works OK > Trackpoint also works OKHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):I don't use theseDisplay:15.4" matte display 1680x1050OS:Mandriva Spring (2007.1)Kernel:stock 2.6.17-13mdvSuspend on Disk:I don't use theseSuspend on RAM:I don't use theseComments:Soundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller, works out of the box with alsa 1.0.12; Display and ATI driver were installed and set up correctly out of the box. Mandriva Spring 'One' KDE used : of the distros out there it's one of the very few which detects,recognizes and handles this notebook well.Webcam took some reseach but works.Wireless works with the set up tools provided wth the distro out of the box, after setting it up reboot and switch on the wireless network. The Powerdown feature seems to have a bug (?) : if you start in init3 mode Mandy hangs on it, when you start in init5 it might take a minute but then it starts through; Also at first possibility you can't enter your username and password : click the session button and select restart x server, now you can enter the credentials and hit the enter button.

• 1 month later...

Model: Acer Aspire 4710Z Intel® Pentium® dual-core T2080Videocard: Mobile Intel® 943GML Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphicsNetwork: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN readyWifi: Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIEDBluetooth:Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)Webcam: Integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcamTouchpad: Seamless touchpad with 4-way scroll buttonHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...): Most of them functionDisplay: 14.1\\\" WXGA high-brightness (200-nit) TFT LCD, multi-window viewingOS: Mandriva 2008Kernel: 2.6.22.9Suspend on Disk: worksSuspend on RAM: worksComments: Mandriva 2008 installed flawlessly. wifi, sound, screen resolution, 3d etc worked out of Box. 5-in-1 card reader is detected but only SD card works. Most of the Hot Keys function without any problems. I went to keyboard setup and chose laptop mode for Acer.

Edited by Anil

• 4 weeks later...

Model: ACER Travelmate 6465WLMi -- Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667Videocard: ATI Technologies Inc.M52 Mobility Radeon X1300 (128MB) / ATI driver version 8.40.4Network: NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express > worksWifi: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection > works with manual edit in network set upBluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) > can't test due to lack of BT equipmentWebcam: Acer Orbicam works with Ekiga and v4l2 driver, works with Kopete.Touchpad: works, Trackpoint also worksHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):special Acer buttons (4) not configured; Home, End, PgUp and PgDn work.Display: 15.4" matte display 1680 x 1050 (24bit used in video driver)OS: Mandriva 2008 "One" / KDE i586Kernel: 2.6.22.9-desktop586-1mdvSuspend on Disk: I don't use thisSuspend on RAM: I don't use thisComments: (7240 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1447.807 FPS)- direct rendering:YESSoundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller works out of the box(Alsa 1.0.14), just cranck up the volume a bit in kMix.Ifyou need more 'power' use active speakers with volume control.Cooling fan of laptop works, goes up in rpms when it should and down when the laptop has cooled down.Card reader may work but not with xD Picture Card, I don't have other types (like SD) so I can't test that any further, albeit the driver is loaded.Display brightness up and down buttons work.Added the above.

• 2 weeks later...

Model: ACER Travelmate 6465WLMi -- Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667Videocard: ATI Technologies Inc.M52 Mobility Radeon X1300 (128MB) / ATI driver version 8.40.4Network: NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express > worksWifi: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection > had to fiddle a bit but it works now; using a Dlink DWL-G630 rev.E2(Cardbus II): MDV detects it and install RAlink RT61 driver for it, after that it works(only WEP 128). Next I used a Siemens Gigaset PCCard 108: MDV detects it, installs drivers for it (and fails, I installed them myself manually): got detected as ath0, works like a charm with WPA-PSK. :D Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) > can't test due to lack of BT equipment. Blue LED lights up when accessing the front mounted switch.Webcam: Acer Orbicam works with Ekiga and v4l2 driver, not tested with Kopete but probably works.Touchpad: works, Trackpoint also worksHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):special Acer buttons (4) work **; Home, End, PgUp and PgDn work. (** see : http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=20010 )Display: 15.4" matte display 1680 x 1050 (24bit used in video driver)OS: Mandriva 2008 "Free" x86_64Kernel: 2.6.22.9-laptop-1mdvSuspend on Disk: I don't use thisSuspend on RAM: worksComments: (7285 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1456.804 FPS)- direct rendering:YES Soundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller works out of the box(Alsa 1.0.14), just cranck up the volume a bit in kMix.If you need more 'power' use active speakers with volume control. Cooling fan of laptop works, goes up in rpms when it should and down when the laptop has cooled down. Card reader may work but not with xD Picture Card, I don't have other types (like SD) so I can't test that any further, albeit the driver is loaded. Display brightness up and down buttons work. For the suspend to RAM you may read this post to get it in working state: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=20003added the above

• 2 weeks later...

added new entry with same distro on same laptop but now with working suspend to ram. :thumbsup: Also added the link to the post where one can read what it takes to make it tick like clock work.edit: 2 December 2007: made some other things work and added these to the posts above. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Model: Dell Vostro 1500 - 2.2GHz --Intel® Core2 Duo CPUVideocard: Model: NVidia GeForce 8600M GTNetwork: Intel Pro/Wireless 4965 AGN linking to Linksys300N routerWifi: Bluetooth: untriedWebcam: noneTouchpad: yes - works fineHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...): untriedDisplay: 1680x1050OS: Mandriva2008 / XPKernel: 2.6.22.18-laptop-1mdvSuspend on Disk: unknownSuspend on RAM: unknownComments: I first tried a Linksy 330N router but it would only connect for 5 minutes at a time. The sound card will not record. No other problems.

I'm workin' in a coal mineGoin' down down downWorkin' in a coal mineWhop! about to slip downWorkin' in a coal mineGoin' down down downWorkin' in a coal mineWhop! about to slip down
B) Added. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Model: ACER Travelmate 6465WLMi -- Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz and 2Gigs RAM DDR667Videocard: ATI Technologies Inc.M52 Mobility Radeon X1300 (128MB) / ATI driver version 8.47.1Network: NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express > worksWifi: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection > I don't use this one, I use a Siemens Gigaset PCCard 108: MDV detects it, installs drivers for it, got detected as ath0, works like a charm with WPA-PSK. B) Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) > Blue LED lights up when accessing the front mounted switch. Works with Sony Ericsson k320i and Samsung SGH-E250.Webcam: Acer Orbicam works with Ekiga and v4l2 driver. Also Cheese works.Touchpad: works, Trackpoint also worksHotkey (Home, Eject, Suspend ...):Home, End, PgUp and PgDn work.Display: 15.4" matte display 1680 x 1050 (24bit used in video driver)OS: Mandriva 2008.1 (aka Spring) "Free" x86_64Kernel: 2.6.24.4-laptop-1mnbSuspend on Disk: I don't use thisSuspend on RAM: tested and works with *** (see below)Comments: Soundcard:Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller works out of the box(Alsa 1.0.16). Cooling fan of laptop works, goes up in rpms when it should and down when the laptop has cooled down. Card reader works for SD cards. Display brightness up and down buttons work.*** : For the suspend to RAM you may read this post to get it in working state: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=20003It does not work without this, you'll get orphaned inodes when you try which the system needs to clean. (that's bad!)note:The QSynaptics part is not applicable to MDV 2008.1 anymore. (only for 2008.0) :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I could not resist and got myself an ASUS EeePC . . . . Xandros did not get more then 24 hours . . I had to install Mandriva 2008.1: B)Model: ASUS EeePC 701 4GB ( Celeron M processor 900MHz )Videocard: Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics ControllerNetwork: Attansic Technology Corp. L2 100 Mbit Ethernet AdapterWifi: Atheros Communications AR5000GEG 802.11 b/g ( Madwifi driver )Bluetooth: noneWebcam: WorksTouchpad: YesHotkey's (Home, Eject, Suspend ...): All work greatDisplay: OS: Mandriva 2008.1 Spring PowerPackKernel: 2.6.24.4-laptop-3mnbSuspend on Disk: Closing the lid puts it to sleep, opening it wakes it up, Not sure if that is to disk or RAMSuspend on RAM: Closing the lid puts it to sleep, opening it wakes it up, Not sure if that is to disk or RAMComments: Everything is supported, works out of the box. Brilliant !B) Bruno

• 6 months later...

Model: ASUS EeePC 701 4GB ( Celeron M processor 900MHz ) Videocard: Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller Network: Attansic Technology Corp. L2 100 Mbit Ethernet Adapter Wifi: Atheros Communications AR5000GEG 802.11 b/g ( Madwifi driver ) Bluetooth: Works Webcam: Works Touchpad: Yes Hotkey's (Home, Eject, Suspend ...): works Display: 1024x768 OS: Mandriva 2009 ONE-KDE4 Kernel: 2.6.27.5-desktop586-2mnb Suspend on Disk: Works Suspend on RAM: Works Comments: Everything is supported, works out of the box(almost)