Suspend to RAM on laptop w/ Mandriva2008 + ATI

striker

Suspend to RAM on laptop w/ Mandriva2008 + ATI X1300 doesn't work out-of-the box. B) Also applicable to other ATI cards and possibly other brands of laptops. The problem is the kernel which might prevent Mandriva from suspending to RAM properly. The latest kernel (backported by Mandriva and now available) works great in combination with Suspend to RAM, as of this writing dated 01 December 2007.Kernel I used on my laptop : 2.6.22.12-laptop-1mdvHow to get it running:Make sure the suspend-s2ram package is installed, if not from a root console, type:

$ su$ password# urpmi suspend-s2ram......# exit$ exit

I haven't found out the key combo to use yet, but from a console (or you can use it from a script), I use the command:

$ /usr/sbin/s2ram -f -m

With this method you have to set the sticky bit first in order to be able to execute the file from a normal user. For this, enter the following command as root :

$ su$ password# chmod +s /usr/sbin/s2ram# exit$ exit

I have tested this on my laptop and indeed it works now. :P :thumbsup: note: the above might affect your touchpad and/or trackpoint.You may see the touchpad and trackpoint don't work anymore.I solved it by installing 'qsynaptics'. Goto tools > system tools > Qsynaptics to configure the touchpad.Make sure it says the correct drivers are loaded on the General tap (detected information)This is also a great little application to turn the touchpad on or off when you don't have any working key combinations on your keyboard to do the same in linux.Here's an image:553s2zh7.pngNext reboot. In my case now the mouse, trackpoint and touchpad were working again. And of course suspend to RAM still works perfectly.HTH.