securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,628 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

Now if Hollywood could just come up with an original idea... any original idea, please.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 21 November 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Now if Hollywood could just come up with an original idea... any original idea, please.

Well that would take effort from the writers and unfortunately crap sells...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   Hedon James

Hedon James

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 21 November 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Amen!  I'm so tired of remakes, with the same plot, same storyline, and often the same script/dialogue. HELLO?!  Saw it 30 years ago, and still remember...no need to pay to see it again.

My daughter thinks A Star Is Born was a great movie.  I asked her "cooper & gaga or Streisand & kristoffersonkristofferson"?  She looked confused and said slowly "Bradley cooper & lady gaga".

I told her "no worries....it's a trick question...both movies are the same". She asked why they would do that, and i replied "Exactly!". Now she's REALLY confused

Edited by Hedon James, 21 November 2018 - 09:00 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,628 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:38 PM

Meh... it's always about the $$$. That's really all your daughter needs to learn about our current world.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:24 AM

How about Judy Garland and James Mason (1954)?
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,805 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:57 AM

View Postraymac46, on 22 November 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

How about Judy Garland and James Mason (1954)?
Missed that one as I was busy being born that year. :)

I saw a good film recently - The Railway Man with Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman. He was an engineer POW forced to work on the Burma railway in WW2 and meets her on a train in England after the war.
Definitely no rehash of an old story there!

Yes it's quite amazing how much open source software is used in the film biz. I've heard some of it is heavily customized, but it's OSS so they can.
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users