Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• Cluttermagnet
      The Cure for Sepsis – Vitamin C, Hydrocortisone and vitamin B1 Dr. Paul Marik interview (video 13:37)   Nutrition Therapy for Severe Viral Infections (COVID-19): Recommendations and Considerations for Integrative Medical Treatments   Intravenous Ascorbic Acid for Supportive Treatment in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients   Intravenous Ascorbic Acid (IVAA) for COVID - 19 Supportive Treatment  in Hospitalized COVID - 19 Patients   Coronavirus, VitaminC, Fake News and Censorship (Andrew W. Saul) Andrew Saul, M.S., Ph.D. is a breath of fresh air! (video 10:41)   Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus
    • Cluttermagnet
      The FLCCC Working Group MATH+ video is outstanding IMHO, 'must see' type material. The video is available in several of the first few links below. Here is a pretty clear exposition on why respirators ought to be avoided if at all possible, and how a very effective protocol, invented in part by Dr. Paul Marik (to treat sepsis) is proving quite valuable in pulling very sick Covid patients back from the brink.   MATH+ COVID19 Early Intervention Treatment Protocol   Why is success in critical care being ignored?   Wayne State spinoff Advaita Bioinformatics identifies generic drug shown to be effective against COVID-19   MATH+ Early Intervention  Treatment Protocol Is Saving Lives   Vitamins C and D Finally Adopted as Coronavirus Treatment   Vitamin B1 Is Vital to Protect Against Infectious Disease   COVID-19 Critical Care   Vitamin C Works for Sepsis. Will It Work for Coronavirus?   The Incredible Hidden History of Vitamin C   Don't forget to expand the References at the bottom of the Mercola articles. Very well researched and documented. Actual results from real doctors and scientists working in hospital and research settings. Long hair types with real degrees and reputations to protect, not cranks and quacks etc. You could spend weeks in here, just from the links I have put up so far, plus all his references.   Oh, yeah, you can dig up tons of Pharma sponsored publications that bolster Pharma's 'pills for all, shots for all' mentality- and of course they do everything they can think of to discredit and cast doubt on research such as what I've shared above. But you know what- I figure that, sooner or later, the truth is going to come out- and that truth will not paint a flattering picture of the Pharma approach. They are entranced by dollar signs... they have lost their collective way...   It's too darned bad, really. These Pharma guys could screw up a w*t dream, I guess- and to think, 30 or 40 years ago I viewed these guys as smart, honorable, bordering on saintly. Oh how the mighty have fallen! And they know they are in trouble, too, thus the 'scorched earth' tactics by that industry that I so often refer to. We see that all too often these days...   There will be more links. I'm just getting warmed up...   Clutter      
    • Cluttermagnet
      Once again FF has devoured about ten+ minutes of earnest typing. Don't know which bit bucket my composition has gone into... MUST SAVE OFTEN... MUST SAVE OFTEN... MUST SAVE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!! (SAVED...)    Let me start again... going by memory of my previous response to you, I said that I found your most recent collection of links to be worth studying a bit. I will do so and share some of what that search unearths, over the next few days...   I have always thought of Vitamin C as one of the cheaper supplements. It's almost universally available. I'm certainly puzzled by that author referring to C as being "costly". I never saw it that way. OTOH almost everything is getting more expensive these days...   A common theme I've encountered fairly often in the health/healing world is this: "Show me so much as one confirmed fatality caused by supplementing with Vitamin C". The stuff is safe IMO, in fact it's very safe. Any excess taken orally will cause you to develop a case of the runs (diarrhea) and will be safely excreted. Contrast with various pharmaceuticals which kill quite a number of folks in any given year. Anyone remember Vioxx? Look it up- another good brain exercise. You will see it had to be withdrawn from the market under orders of FDA- one of those various US government agencies, anyway... yet it was still sold overseas a while longer... shameful!   I will find a few links describing the therapeutic interventions by licensed M.D. types using high dose IV Vitamin C and list them here. Although somewhat suppressed in the media, success stories are starting to increase regarding successful emergency interventions in Covid-19 patients (and also for generalized septic shock, which has killed quite a few folks over the years). There are several protocols I have seen. The one for sepsis included high dose C along with Thiamine (a B vitamin) and hydrocortizone (a steroid). The ones for Covid-19 tend to use high dose C plus Prednisilone plus one or two other items I don't recall at this moment. These have been deployed to save very sick Covid patients in hospitals in China and the US, no doubt elsewhere as well- but it is still far from 'accepted' or 'allowed' or 'catching on' just yet.   Often these interventions are 'last ditch', 'compassionate care', for patients who have largely been written off by hospital staff- then they are pulled back from the brink and recover very nicely, thank you, and eventually get discharged from the hospitals quite alive. Here's the rub- these IV 'cocktails' are very, very inexpensive and are not patentable, i.e. they will not make Pharma the big money like some pharmaceuticals. Indeed, the media have been quite complicit in suppressing this sort of good information that would help severely ill Covid patients to recover. The media have blood on their hands...   The small doses your links refer to for Vitamin C are anemic by any standard. They are about as low here in the US, unrealistically so in my estimation. Just about enough to prevent scurvy, it is true...   Personally, I am taking one to two grams orally per day (1000-2000mg), usually the lesser amount. If I started feeling ill, I would immediately increase those amounts and would switch over to the liposomal form which is much better tolerated by the bowels and is more efficiently absorbed as well. To the greatest extent possible, I try to get my C from my diet- veggies, citrus fruits, etc. These are the most bio-available forms and are therefore preferred. In a perfect world we would not need to take any supplements at all, and would get all essential nutrients from food. This is no longer possible, considering our worn out soils of today. Therefore many folks are nutrient deficient, setting them up for disease and even (semi-) 'sudden' death by virus.   What is too much (oral) Vitamin C? Turns out it is highly variable from person to person, and depends on their health and their current level of oxidative stress. Even in one person, it can vary depending on their state of health. When ill, fighting a virus, etc. the amount of Vitamin C needed and tolerated orally can go way up- and again, about the worst thing that can happen is you will probably get the runs if you exceed your bowel tolerance level.   I'll post some links r.e. the IV Vitamin C shortly... it's for real. Please understand it doesn't 'cure' Covid-19 per se, but it does save lives. Of that I'm sure! And Pharma and the media emphatically do not want you to know about this because it distracts from their scorched earth, 'one size fits all' vaccination intentions. That's a separate but related issue. I'll save it for another time. You raised questions about Vitamin C above.   Please understand also that IV Vitamin C is used because massive amounts of antioxidant are needed when a body is in full crisis as with Covid-19; also the IV administrative route bypasses the whole issue of bowel tolerance. This is why they do it this way in ICU. No way to get enough in orally to be effective under such dire circumstances! Field accounts going back many decades describe patients responding well to 20-30-50- even 100 grams of C on rare occasions (intravenous). BTW I think that most folks are going to reach bowel tolerance orally somewhere around 10-20 grams/day, according to all my past reading.       Clutter    
    • abarbarian
      Be interesting to see your source of information for this claim.       https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-c/   Does Too Much Vitamin C Cause Side Effects?       Is It Possible to Have a Vitamin C Overdose?     Mind you the NHS and the NCCAM probably are talking out of their ar**e and have some hidden agenda for giving the above advice 🤓
    • abarbarian
      Arch + Window Maker -Witchs_house theme😎
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Pete!
    • zlim
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BrdG
    Newest Member