Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• V.T. Eric Layton
      If it works fine on one laptop but not on another, logic would tell you that something is wrong with the laptop, not the scanner.   That "something" could be drivers, operating system, kernel module differences, library differences, CUPS version differences, etc.   Yeah, carp like this used to drive me nuts, too. Nowadays, I'm too old and lazy er... laid back to let it bother me much.    
    • ebrke
      Final outcome seems to be that the scanner portion of my ancient HP multi-function is only functional with one of my Lenovo laptops. The Thinkpad continues to be unable to scan more than once without failing, and when it fails it leaves the scanner device in a state that requires a power-cycle so it will function with the other Lenovo laptop. At least I have a functional scanner as long as my backup laptop stays alive.   I wouldn't care so much if I knew why this happens. I HATE stuff like this that seems random and illogical!
    • sunrat
      I have a EeePC900 (9") which would probably still suit fine for travel, but the keyboard broke. I replaced it but some of the keys, mainly F/Function keys don't work and the battery is fairly much toast. Runs AntiX nicely though.     Thanks! Monitor is actually a 43" Sony UHD (4K) TV. Image quality on it is excellent even for reading text up close.        Yes it is a bit heavier than I'd like (1.5kg) but I want Debian and trying to de-googlify my life a bit, but Android tablet w/keyboard was a serious option. I did just buy a new camera for the trip yesterday as well - Panasonic Lumix TZ220 (it has other names in other countries). Blew me away checking out all its amazing features on YouTube etc. Pick it up tomorrow. I sold my Wideye iSavi broadband satellite modem for $1,000 the other day, only spent $1,600 of that so far. 😏
    • Corrine
      Dev channel update to 82.0.432.3 is live Along with fixes and improvements, the edge://surf game is now available for everyone to play just by going to edge://surf. Added features: Added the ability to put the Share button next to the address bar. Added a management policy to disable the Share button. Added the ability to hide the Home button by right-clicking it. Added support for Windows Information Protection. Added a management policy to control the automatic creation of on-premises work or school profiles (profiles with a DOMAIN\NAME format instead of a NAME@COMPANY.COM format). Added extra security to the Payment info Settings page by requiring the OS-level password in order to edit or delete cards. Added support for syncing the “Allow extensions from other stores” setting to other devices.
    • securitybreach
      Nice
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• frapper
    • réjean
    • V.T. Eric Layton
  • Today's Birthdays

1. genaldar
      genaldar
      (40 years old)
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members