Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• raymac46
      Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Canada April 2007.
    • sunrat
      - ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Debian Security Advisory DSA-4649-1 security@debian.org https://www.debian.org/security/ Sebastien Delafond April 02, 2020 https://www.debian.org/security/faq - ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Package : haproxy CVE ID : CVE-2020-11100 Felix Wilhelm of Google Project Zero discovered that HAProxy, a TCP/HTTP reverse proxy, did not properly handle HTTP/2 headers. This would allow an attacker to write arbitrary bytes around a certain location on the heap, resulting in denial-of-service or potential arbitrary code execution. For the stable distribution (buster), this problem has been fixed in version 1.8.19-1+deb10u2.   - ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Debian Security Advisory DSA-4651-1 security@debian.org https://www.debian.org/security/ Moritz Muehlenhoff April 02, 2020 https://www.debian.org/security/faq - ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Package : mediawiki CVE ID : CVE-2020-10960 It was discovered that some user-generated CSS selectors in MediaWiki, a website engine for collaborative work, were not escaped. The oldstable distribution (stretch) is not affected. For the stable distribution (buster), this problem has been fixed in version 1:1.31.7-1~deb10u1   - ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Debian Security Advisory DSA-4650-1 security@debian.org https://www.debian.org/security/ Salvatore Bonaccorso April 02, 2020 https://www.debian.org/security/faq - ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Package : qbittorrent CVE ID : CVE-2019-13640 Debian Bug : 932539 Miguel Onoro reported that qbittorrent, a bittorrent client with a Qt5 GUI user interface, allows command injection via shell metacharacters in the torrent name parameter or current tracker parameter, which could result in remote command execution via a crafted name within an RSS feed if qbittorrent is configured to run an external program on torrent completion. For the oldstable distribution (stretch), this problem has been fixed in version 3.3.7-3+deb9u1. For the stable distribution (buster), this problem has been fixed in version 4.1.5-1+deb10u1.
    • ebrke
      I often thought that the fact that I didn't go out much to gatherings, etc., was part of the reason I didn't get flu, colds, etc. Social distancing wasn't terribly different from my regular life, except that when I walk with another elderly neighbor I stay 6 feet away from her. No private conversation!
    • Bookmem
      It's not just material they are saving.  Slim Fit men's dress shirts only come in 4 or 5 sizes.  In regular fit, there are at least 20. 
    • Bookmem
      The rule where I live is that if I leave the bldg, even to go the grocery store, I have to stay in my apt, not just the bldg, but my apt, for 14 days.  Luckily, I get my meds by mail and my regular supermarket has delivery.  We are allowed to go outside the bldg to get some sunshine and exercise, but must stay on the grounds.  So far, out of 400 apts, we have had only one person infected. That was over a week ago and no one else appears to have caught it from them.  In one way, it is saving me money 'cause I'm not singing Karaoke three times a week and drinking beer for four hours each time.  But I'm probably spending as much on Ubereats delivery just to relieve the boredom.  I'm a good cook but cooking for just for myself is still boring.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. adatole
      adatole
      (53 years old)
    2. Alanmuk
      Alanmuk
      (51 years old)
    3. Vagabond
      Vagabond
      (79 years old)