Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• raymac46
      I agree that it's good to have browser diversity and I know my wife really likes Firefox so we'll continue to use it. One could argue that Microsoft helped strengthen the Web standards for page rendering by moving to Edge from IE, even though Edge is also based on Chromium. Not that I want to open another can of worms...
    • saturnian
      Wow, I had a problem with FF 89 in Fluxbox (in one of my Arch installations), sounds like what the OP saw in Openbox and reported in this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=267158   I replied in that thread ("MALsPa", post #3). I hope the "fix" that worked for me also works for the OP. However, FF 89 rendered fine for me in Openbox. This is weird.
    • V.T. Eric Layton
      Oh, I wasn't making any slurs against Chromium, particularly Vivaldi, which seems to have been well thought out by its developer.   Now, Chrome or Chrome-based... hmm... not for me. Too many Google tentacles involved.
    • wa4chq
      I'm not sure Handbrake was available when I was ripping DVD's...  I think it was available for BeOS first back in the early 2k's.
    • raymac46
      Well you can definitely look at Webkit browsers like Midori and Otter Browser then. Call me a conformist, but I don't see the problem if you take a FOSS engine like Chromium and put in your own privacy and sync controls. That is what Vivaldi has done. Webkit uses Safari based code so I guess that is pandering to Apple. Note: I use Firefox all the time both in Windows and Linux. https://vivaldi.com/blog/vivaldi-browser-vs-google-chrome/
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• raymac46
    • sunrat
    • securitybreach
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Danieldelacerda
    Newest Member
    Danieldelacerda