Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• sunrat
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Debian Project https://www.debian.org/ Debian 8 Long Term Support reaching end-of-life press@debian.org July 9th, 2020 https://www.debian.org/News/2020/20200709 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Debian Long Term Support (LTS) Team hereby announces that Debian 8 "jessie" support has reached its end-of-life on June 30, 2020, five years after its initial release on April 26, 2015. Debian will not provide further security updates for Debian 8. A subset of "jessie" packages will be supported by external parties. Detailed information can be found at Extended LTS [1]. 1: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Extended The LTS Team will prepare the transition to Debian 9 "stretch", which is the current oldstable release. The LTS Team has taken over support from the Security Team on July 6, 2020 while the final point update for "stretch" will be released on July 18, 2020. Debian 9 will also receive Long Term Support for five years after its initial release with support ending on June 30, 2022. The supported architectures remain amd64, i386, armel and armhf. In addition we are pleased to announce, for the first time support will be extended to include the arm64 architecture. For further information about using "stretch" LTS and upgrading from "jessie" LTS, please refer to LTS/Using [2]. 2: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using
    • securitybreach
      Perhaps  https://askubuntu.com/questions/722685/realtek-audio-drivers-for-ubuntu#1052815
    • Cluttermagnet
      Encouraging new statistics on Covid-19 mortality- it's low, like the flu. It's the gospel from CDC, by the way... and they're really serious about their numbers this time- now that they've collectively scared the carp out of everyone. IOW it's been greatly overblown. But we're mostly all locked down anyway.   Horowitz: The CDC Confirms Remarkably Low Coronavirus Death Rate. Where is the Media?   Oh, let me answer that for you- counting all the ad revenues from pharmaceuticals?   Clutter  
    • Cluttermagnet
      (Some nice theme music, links at the bottom- to read this, my latest piece by...)   https://kellybroganmd.com/masks-have-you-been-captured-by-this-psyop/   Here's another one for you to scoff at, probably not even read. Yes, another 'alternative viewpoint'. This MD doctor is a clear thinker and asks some really good questions.           Wow! Am I ever experiencing 'cognitive dissonance' as regards Covid-19. Nothing new- it's been this way for me for months now. I instinctively distrust what the establishment and the media are telling me, largely. OTOH I do see enough to judge that something 'real' has indeed been unleashed and it is indeed selectively killing a lot of people, who never deserved this! But importantly, it is not killing the vast majority of those exposed to it!   My central concern all along has not been that this virus is going to get to me and either sicken or kill me. Nope, I trust in the good state of health I am in, and that I still have a pretty robust immune system. Rather, my greatest fear is that this is a vast psyop playing out here- one that will lead to some very unpleasant consequences for us all! It is being used as an excuse to intensify the major invasion of privacy triggered by 9-11-2001. (See also "TIA" and "Carnivore", long since renamed and gone underground) The 'Patriot Act' put a silver stake through the heart of personal liberties in the US, now Covid-19 fears will be jacked up so as to put a silver bullet to the brain of what remains of our freedoms.   "Your papers, please" (or perhaps without the "please") conjures up images of the h3ll the German people and citizens in overrun European countries went through during WWII. Well, that is clearly and unarguably coming to America and the world very shortly. It will start as a sort of 'vac***ation' passport without which people will be close to locked down- no access to businesses, no travel, banished from the public square, etc. Resisters will eventually find themselves virtually under permanent house arrest.   BTW that 'passport' comes through a needle, loosely speaking- actually, a form of 'patch' with a large array of dissolvable micro-needles which leave a permanent, uniquely identifiable 'brand' on the person receiving it- this is really no different from the tattoos the Germans applied (also to the arms) of inmates in their concentration camps in WWII. Invisible, granted, like invisible ink, but easily machine readable using a smart phone with the appropriate app installed.     I'll no doubt be one in the 'arrest' category. For privacy reasons, I will not be going along with any snooping masquerading as 'contact tracing'. Further, I am prepared to defend to the death my bodily autonomy and integrity against any and all unwanted/unneeded 'medical interventions'. In the fullness of time, this may be the ultimate reason for my untimely death, defending myself against just such an attack. Yes, I absolutely do believe it is only a matter of time before any remaining pockets of resistance will be put down through violent home invasions! Wish I didn't have to believe that, but all the facts point clearly in that direction. Short of some form of popular uprising (Highly unlikely!) that is where we appear headed. Only a matter of time now...   In the meantime, I meekly go along with the current masking regime, although I see a strong underlying futility in this masquerade. Heh! It's a pretty virulent foe we deal with, the 'invisible enemy' that is Covid- but our real foe goes largely unrecognized by a great majority of my countrymen. That would be the vicious control freaks who are really pulling our strings collectively. People are such sheep! They are blind to what is happening all around us, under our noses. Our national medical policy is being run by powerful corporations, led and financed by someone with lots of money, no formal medical training whatsoever, and a confirmed, undeniable belief in major reduction in the global human population. Eugenics, anyone? Bah humbug! I do not like where we are headed...   Clutter     Leon Russell - This Masquerade   George Benson This Masquerade   Carpenters This Masquerade      
    • Corrine
      Mozilla sent Firefox Version 78.0.2 to the release channel today.  The update includes one security update rated moderate. Release Notes Security Updates  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• zlim
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BrianT1701
      BrianT1701
      (37 years old)
    2. uncle19f51hoppy
      uncle19f51hoppy
      (69 years old)
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online