Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• Cluttermagnet
      For Verizon the key word is "Operator". For Comcast it is "Agent" Write that down.   Or you can just yell "Fork" and slam the phone down like I do...   "Serenity now!!!"   Clutter  
    • securitybreach
    • Corrine
      Quote Additional information at the source:  Microsoft to use SHA-2 exclusively starting May 9, 2021 - Microsoft Tech Community.
    • securitybreach
    • raymac46
      I have found over the years that there are only a couple of things I want in a desktop: Ability to use a mouse and have icons available on a panel or dock. No searching through a menu hierarchy to launch a program. Once I get my program going, the rest of the desktop is irrelevant. I am pretty much agnostic when it comes to file managers, terminals, photo organizers, and music players although I do lean to the GTK side of things. LXQt gives me the option of looking at the Qt apps without dealing with Plasma. Although Plasma is much improved I still find it configuration overkill and death by menu compared to other DEs. I know many penguins disagree with me. The age of the PC and resources available on my aging hardware have an effect on which DE to choose, that is for sure. Also with Arch I tend to gravitate to something light and snappy.  As far as WMs go with LXQt the only difference I see is that with XFWM4 you have your compositor built in and with the others you have to add picom.  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. GolfProRM
      GolfProRM
      (41 years old)
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

GatorBill
    Newest Member
    GatorBill