Firefox Webpage problem

GolfProRM

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firetiger/1.0 (Firefox/1.0)Nearly every time I go to http://www.unl.edu, it gets 3/4 done loading and then crashes the browser... This also happens on my fiancee's PC (running either 1.0PR or 1.0)... Anyone else experience this?If it doesn't crash the first time, open it a 2nd or 3rd time....

Loaded with no problems for me, FireFox 1.0Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0Do you think it could be an extension?

same here np, what extension have you installed?mine: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0what is this firetiger in yours?

Guest Paracelsus

It's definitely crashing on FF1.0The only extension I'm using that could possibly have any impact is TabBrowser Extension. I have it set to launch all links in a new tab, in foreground.Never had a 'site crash the browser before, though.What is the page trying to load??

It's definitely crashing on FF1.0The only extension I'm using that could possible  have any impact is TabBrowser Extension.  I have it set to launch all links in a new tab, in foreground.Never had a 'site crash the browser before, though.What is the page trying to load??
installed the extension, loaded the page with no problems.Went into preferences and ticked on window mode: "use only 1 window"then on load links in foreground, then tried the site again and it crasheda bug in the extension, problem solved :Pps. try to tick on load in background, didn't crash here then

Guest Paracelsus

Interesting!I'll try that when I get home.Odd, though that it's never happened at any other 'site. And I do a lot of cruising. So what is it the page is trying to load??

I tried changing to load links in the background - and setting it to multiple window mode - etc. etc... it still crashes every time...If I disable TBE, it works fine..Now I wonder what the heck on that webpage could cause this?

Have you filed a bugzilla report?
Nope... (two reasons)1. don't have a bugzilla account2. I'm not running the latest nightly (nor do I want to), so it would need to be tested under the new nightly... Also, since it seems to be a TBE probem, I'm not sure bugzilla will do anything...I might shoot Piro (TBE creator) an email though to see if he has any ideas.

nlinecomputers

By the numbers.1. Well get one.... :P2. You don't need to run the nightly builds to submit a bug report. I don't follow you here. Any bug in 1.0 will be FIXED in the nightly builds but you've got to report bugs as found in the main product.3. They might not but it depends if the problem really is ONLY with TBE's code or how TBE's code is called. One is a bug in TBE the other would be a bug in FF.4. Couldn't hurt and it is something he should know about.

The problem is probably with TBE extension. I don't have it installed and I don't have a problem with that page.What might cause it? I'm guessing here...there is an option to add a live bookmark on that page. Could that be interfering with TBE? Find another page with the live bookmark option and see if the same crash occurs.

Guest Paracelsus
Now I wonder what the heck on that webpage could cause this?
Ryan...May I assume that this is a University of Nebraska at Lincoln (unl) Webpage?I'm sure there is some way for you to contact the programmers/codewriters and request that they review the situation :thumbsup:If they aren't willing to listen to you... Give us their contact addy, and tell 'em LabRat and other SNLF rowdies are gonna get on their case if they don't fix this Pronto!!! :"> :pirate: :rolleyes: