Mozilla Firefox Version 125.0.3 Released with Updates

Corrine

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 125.0.3 to the Release Channel.

Fixed

• Fixed an extra blank tab with an address of https://0.0.0.1 sometimes appearing when attempting to launch Firefox when it is already running (bug 1892612).
  • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect font selection in some situations for users with the Japanese locale set (bug 1892363).
  • Fixed text corruption when dragging text containing unicode characters on Linux systems (bug 1888202).
  • Fixed a correctness error when checking arguments.length (and not using arguments otherwise) inside of a generator or async function (bug 1892699).
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to inconsistent focus handling of <select> elements when opened (bug 1893177).

Update: To get the update now, select "Help" from the Firefox menu, then pick "About Firefox".  Mac users need to select "About Firefox" from the Firefox menu.  For non-English versions, Fully Localized Versions are available for download.

Release Notes

I just tried FF 125.0.3 as a local install in Debian to test out the boast that it runs 25% faster. Can confirm!

According to test at https://browserbench.org/Speedometer3.0/

FF 115.10.0esr - 7.01
FF 125.0.3 - 11.9

I created a fresh profile for each so the comparison would be accurate. Testing with my old profile in ESR version was significantly slower - 4.85.

• Like 2