Trouble with AI

sunrat

It was an image broadcast for just a few moments on a Melbourne TV news bulletin, but it's since attracted international attention.

The digitally altered image of Victorian Animal Justice Party MP Georgie Purcell used to introduce a story on Victorian duck hunting saw the white dress she was wearing in the original photo swapped for a top exposing her midriff.

"Note the enlarged boobs and outfit to be made more revealing. Can't imagine this happening to a male MP," she tweeted.

From An AI-generated image of a Victorian MP raises wider questions on digital ethics

3a9ad25fe2924bf741ea5f81ec5a340a?impolic

There have been quite a lot of articles on AI particularly concerning deepfake videos, images, and audio. This case shows what could likely have been a careless use of AI in a TV news broadcast.

AI is not going away and it is yet to be seen whether the negative aspects will outweigh the positive. Some experts consider it a grave threat to society.

To put it mildly, I am concerned for the future.

V.T. Eric Layton
10 hours ago, sunrat said:

I am concerned for the future.

I'm ONLY concerned with the part of the future I'll be experiencing. ;)