Forum replies disappear

sunrat

This has happened a few times. I write a reply and click Submit and it vanishes without being posted. Then refresh the page, click in the reply box and it shows a message

Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Dismiss that with the X and hit Submit again and it posts correctly. 😧

Doesn't always happen and I use Firefox. I'll try disabling uBlock Origin but doubt that would cause it. Cookie add-ons and PrivacyBadger are disabled already for SNLF.

securitybreach
8 minutes ago, sunrat said:

Doesn't always happen and I use Firefox. I'll try disabling uBlock Origin but doubt that would cause it. Cookie add-ons and PrivacyBadger are disabled already for SNLF.

uBlock Origin is fine, I use that as well as some others.

Yeah, I don't think it's a browser issue. Doesn't happen on any other forums. At least I've found how to work around it.

The only other extension which could cause it may be Behind The Overlay but I doubt that too; it's not able to be disabled per site. Great extension for instantly dismissing those annoying overlays on some sites. I installed it for one site for which the overlay didn't even have an X button but found it useful for a few others as well.

V.T. Eric Layton

I've had weird browser issues on this site before that did NOT happen anywhere else. For me, it was caused by my custom user agent. I slight change in that fixed things for me (Firefox).