HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (2023)

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Kinda' sad how things are these days. Not one single little ghost or goblin came down my street tonight. It's been that way for about 20 years already. I find it sad because back in the early 60s, when I was a wee little lad, the entire neighborhood was one big giant block party on every block all around my house. Everyone knew everyone. All the parents would be out in the streets and yards and porches drinking coffee and chatting. All the kids would be running around and screaming and getting sick from stuffing candy down their throats. Ah... FUN TIMES! I miss 'em.

children-trick-or-treat-on-halloween.jpg

V.T. Eric Layton

Guess I'm getting old. Isn't that usually when the melancholy memories and regrets of times and friends/loved ones gone start? Ah, well... I'm off to go read some creepy short stories on my Nook!

'Night all! Don't let the ghosts or goblins scare ya'! :)

• Agree 1

I've never had many kids at Halloween and frequently none at all. My house and two others in my area area are a bit set off from other houses, and there haven't been any kids in any of the three houses for decades. The kids stick to the newer housing development across the road. I usually have some treats just in case but always have a lot left over. I used to be able to take that to work and leave it for people but since I've stopped working that's not possible. This Halloween I didn't buy anything and didn't get any kids.

• Like 1