Spammer Finally Arrested

brucekrymow

Guest ThunderRiver

That one is down, but it doesn't mean the rest spammer will care heh.Spam itself is not illegal...so they say

Guest LilBambi

Any positive steps in this area are always great! Spam is a bloody nuisance! How many iSPY emails have you received in the last week! LOL!

Yeah, I followed that story kinda close. It was first brought to my attention when the Wall Street Journal ran a very good article on how Earthlink was trying to hunt down the "Buffalo Spammer", a couple of weeks before they arrested him. It detailed the methods they used to track him and the new accounts he set up and the methods he used to avoid detection. It was a very interesting read.Thunder- spam in of itself is not illegal. But using a residential internet service for commercial use is a violation of the TOS and in this case will cost him millions for the violations. And this guy used fake/stolen credit card numbers and fake names to set up residential accounts to use for his spamming business. All of which are illegal.

What a punk! :) Glad that they got him. Of course being from Buffalo p!sses me off even more. The only time we get any national press is when something bad happens. Maybe he can room with the 'Lakawanna Six' in prison. :) :) :)

Guest ThunderRiver
Yeah, I followed that story kinda close. It was first brought to my attention when the Wall Street Journal ran a very good article on how Earthlink was trying to hunt down the "Buffalo Spammer", a couple of weeks before they arrested him. It detailed the methods they used to track him and the new accounts he set up and the methods he used to avoid detection. It was a very interesting read.Thunder- spam in of itself is not illegal. But using a residential internet service for commercial use is a violation of the TOS and in this case will cost him millions for the violations. And this guy used fake/stolen credit card numbers and fake names to set up residential accounts to use for his spamming business. All of which are illegal.
Exactly my point. I don't believe that spam per se is legal, but I am just basically conveying what the prosecutor said that's all.As for credit card fraud and faking accounts, that's what got that bafflo wing guy charged with penalty fee + prison time..