What's Coming in Windows 11 Version 22H2 on September 26th?

Corrine

It starts with Microsoft Copilot but there are over 150 new features as well as new Surface devices. See the announcement at Announcing Microsoft Copilot, your everyday AI companion as well as a list of  Windows September top features highlights

You can also watch the video of the presentation at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/event.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:58 PM, Corrine said:

It starts with Microsoft Copilot but there are over 150 new features as well as new Surface devices. See the announcement at Announcing Microsoft Copilot, your everyday AI companion as well as a list of  Windows September top features highlights

You can also watch the video of the presentation at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/event.

The latest update to 11 added the copilot icon to my task bar but it doesn't seem to do anything and I can't unpin it.

1 hour ago, Will Watts said:

I can't wait to download Copilot so I can uninstall it.

It doesn't show under "Installed APPS", so how can you uninstall it?  As I said, I can't even unpin it from the task bar.

edit: I typed "copilot" in settings and there is a setting to remove it from the taskbar.

Edited by Bookmem

It probably can't be fully removed, but you can disable it via the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot

TurnOffWindowsCopilot DWORD - set value to 1

If you just want to remove it from taskbar, there should be an option for it in Settings > Personalisation > Taskbar > Taskbar items, but it'll still appear if you press the hotkey for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Watts said:

It probably can't be fully removed, but you can disable it via the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot

TurnOffWindowsCopilot DWORD - set value to 1

If you just want to remove it from taskbar, there should be an option for it in Settings > Personalisation > Taskbar > Taskbar items, but it'll still appear if you press the hotkey for it.

don't have an entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows for WindowsCopilot

12 hours ago, Will Watts said:

I'll have to check once I'm back home next week and have access to my desktop again. Maybe they've made some changes since the earlier preview builds.

I found this entry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot

• Like 1