Last 2 releases of Manjaro not working right on my computers.

mhbell

I have installed Manjaro with cinnamon DE several times and find that the last 2 released since 2022 do not work right. Thunderbird takes 10 or more seconds to come up and the same with Firefox. I thought the latest would work better, but not so it is slower and worse. I wonder if that is why Endeavour Is ranked higher on DW.

Mel

1 hour ago, securitybreach said:

Well unlike Archlinux, Manjaro does a lot of their own patching and such which causes more breakage than vanilla packages do.

Well I installed the default DE in Manjaro which is the xfce DE and Using firefox or thunderbird I have the same problem, but when I use Manjaros Vivaldi web browser and mail client It works fine. It appears that Manjaro won't play nice with anything other than their default apps. So it's bye bye Manjaro.

Mel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like Endeavour OS quite a lot and I have not had any slowdowns or glitches with it. It is 99% plain old vanilla Arch with the Calamares installer and a pretty Xfce desktop. It uses the Arch repos except for one tiny repo for its themes and icons of choice.

I have not installed Manjaro on the rails in quite some time, but I have had trouble with it in Virtual Machines. Many folks enjoy using it so I won't be that critical. I just think you may as well use Arch itself or a close relative like Endeavour OS or Garuda Linux.