I almost installed Pine email

wa4chq

Good morning.  When I first started Linux, I used Pine for email.  I used it for many years and really liked it and then for a few years I used Mutt.  Back then, I had a pretty bare-bones setup but now I just use Gmail.  Recently I got the wild idea to relive the old ways and resurrect Pine....well almost.  After some serious thinking (maybe 2 minutes) I decided "naw....".  Every once in a while, I remember some of the stuff I used back in the day and think it'd be cool to use again, but I'm finding more and more that if I do bring something back, I end up using it very little.  Have a great week!

• Like 2

Just now, securitybreach said:

Have you checked out neomutt or alpine?

I have but after looking at the setup -- and it really wasn't that demanding, I just thought..."why am I doing this?"  To make it real, I'd need a dial-up modem...but that ain't happening.  Back in the day, I would check Freshmeat out daily and if I saw something cool, I'd try and install it.  After installing whatever it was, I would mess with it a few times and then end up never using it again.  An example is Flinks.  Another is Twin.  I had fun, but it was really a waste of time and there were several occasions when I'd mess up my pc...not so fun.  😬 😄

• Like 1

This brings back some memories. When my daughter enrolled at the University of Guelph in 1996 and got on the University network she was using PINE as her email client.

• Like 2