New Pixel 7

raymac46

My smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A50) was 4 years old, only 4G capable, and its battery was losing potency. When I went looking for an upgrade I found great deals on Google Pixel 7s. Pixel 8 will be out soon do there are deep discounts on the Pixel 7 right now.

My provider also threw in a free case, charging block, screen protector and cleaning solution. The store did a data migration and setup and SIM card swap for free. Also upgraded my data plan.

My initial impressions:

• It's fast. Much snappier than the old A50.
  • Pairs up nicely with my hearing aids to stream music, notifications, phone calls.
  • The display is nice but the A50 was very good so I don't think the Pixel 7 is yugely better.
  • Some slight variations in interface and controls but hey, it's still Android.
  • I now have 5G coverage but I don't see a big difference so far.
  • Battery life is much improved but the old one was getting so bad anything would be better.
  • I understand the camera is much higher quality but haven't tested it much.

Having used Samsung Galaxy for so long I thought I's go for another one but the deal was so good on the Pixel 7 I went that way. Don't mind the change so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raymac46 said:

My smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A50) was 4 years old, only 4G capable, and its battery was losing potency. When I went looking for an upgrade I found great deals on Google Pixel 7s. Pixel 8 will be out soon do there are deep discounts on the Pixel 7 right now.

My provider also threw in a free case, charging block, screen protector and cleaning solution. The store did a data migration and setup and SIM card swap for free. Also upgraded my data plan.

My initial impressions:

• It's fast. Much snappier than the old A50.
  • Pairs up nicely with my hearing aids to stream music, notifications, phone calls.
  • The display is nice but the A50 was very good so I don't think the Pixel 7 is yugely better.
  • Some slight variations in interface and controls but hey, it's still Android.
  • I now have 5G coverage but I don't see a big difference so far.
  • Battery life is much improved but the old one was getting so bad anything would be better.
  • I understand the camera is much higher quality but haven't tested it much.

Having used Samsung Galaxy for so long I thought I's go for another one but the deal was so good on the Pixel 7 I went that way. Don't mind the change so far.

I have several Samsung devices.  Always been a little jealous 'cause Pixels always get the latest Android first. 😝

Glad you're enjoying! I've used a few pixels in the past.

On 9/11/2023 at 8:13 AM, raymac46 said:

My provider also threw in a free case, charging block, screen protector and cleaning solution.

Always nice to get some extras. 😀

11 hours ago, xrobwx71 said:

I normally do trade ins at the Google store. 

I didn't even know there were Google stores. 🤯

Or not a lot of them anyway. I think I've seen one in London before.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:51 AM, crp said:

I am one of those weirdos who wants a 5" screen.

That definitely must be in the minority at the moment. Just gotta wait until tiny phones are the trend again... 

I like a larger screen, but I watch a lot of YouTube from my phone. It can be inconvenient to type on though.

On 9/16/2023 at 7:19 PM, Will Watts said:

I didn't even know there were Google stores. 🤯

Or not a lot of them anyway. I think I've seen one in London before.

The online Google Store, not brick and mortar. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Glad you're enjoying it !

My next work phone will probably be a Pixel 8 (or a future release, depending on when I get it), although no plans to move away from the Pixel Fold at the moment.

I moved away from the Pixel fold after the first one. Battery life diminished after a couple of years. Replaced it with a Realme 7 Pro about 4 years ago which is brilliant and cost less than half the Pixel upgrade at the time, still has great battery life! When it gets tired I'll probably go with Oppo or OnePlus which have the same parent company as Realme as unfortunately Realme seemed to have exited the market.

Lol I didn't know there was a device called Pixel Fold. I thought were using  "fold" as in the sense of:

a. A group of people or institutions bound together by common beliefs and aims.
b. A religious congregation
☺️😆

• 3 months later...
Bookmem

I had no need at all for a new phone. My Galaxy A32 suited my need just fine. I primarily use mine just as a phone. About the only app I use is for Uber 'cause I don't drive anymore. But I broke down and bought a Pixel 6a just to see what its what the "Pixel Experience" is all about. Not the "latest and greatest" but more than enough for me. So far I like it but I'm not overly impressed 'cause to me a phone is just a phone. I do use it as a "Hotspot" at times but, again, just about any smartphone will do for that.