How are you all fairing this summer ???

abarbarian

Well we over here in blighty have had a really wet and awful summer. Looks like we might get a few days of decent weather in September so the year might not be a total wash out. Yes I know we are a buch of woosies when it comes to the weather, always complaining, too hot , too cold , too wet and on and on and on.

We ain't had it half as bad as you folks in Canada, wht with all the wild fires you have had all summer. Or you Californians with your drought and floods. An the latest hurricane or typhon that has just struck the east coast. Along with all the other disasters caused by the weather world wide.

So how are you all doing ?? Are you all safe and sound ?? 🤔

• Like 1

It's the first day of spring here in Melbourne, although the spring flowers thought it was spring already a few weeks ago. Daffodils almost in the middle of winter, magnolias have been out for weeks. It's been one of the warmest winters ever recorded and spring is predicted to be well above normal temps too. Climate change deniers are looking like fools now. 🙄😬

• Like 2

While most of the US suffered from obscene heat, in my part of Pennsylvania, the weather has been very nice. We haven't had a day 100° F/ 38° C  day since 2012 and very few days in the 90's. Though next week looks to string together high heat days just when everyone is back in school. We suffered from a drought earlier this summer but now things are back to near normal.  We were not impacted by hurricane Franklin and Idalia. We did get bad air quality earlier in the summer because of the Canadian wildfires. The sky was a bizarre shade of orange. We didn't go out.

Close by in 2 areas there was heavy flooding in June. So much so that one of the counties junior/senior high schools has to be closed for the entire school year because the building was so badly damaged. The powers that be spent June, July and the first week of August figuring out where all the students could be placed for the school year. I feel so sorry for the high school students because they spent 2 years learning virtually because of Covid and now they have been moved to an elementary building for this year.

They finally had a plan in place. One of the local colleges donated classroom space so all the 6th graders from that school district will be bused to  the college a few blocks from our home. Certain times of the day we have to avoid streets near our house because of 2 elementary school, 2 junior high schools, a senior high school and a college on the same street. Between the school buses and the parents double parked to pick up their kids, it is next to impossible to navigate.

• Like 2

In my part of Canada we have had a fair bit of rain so the garden is green enough. We had some smoky days due to wildfires in Quebec. August was actually quite cool with not one day at 30 degrees C (86 F.) We expect a few hot days this weekend though. Up till now the super hot weather in the US and in western Canada has not reached us.

• Like 2

Seattle has been pretty nice - plenty of hot days. Although recently there have been a few days with wildfire smoke coming in and reducing the air quality.

I'm currently in Mexico City for a few weeks, so it's a mix of sunny days and thunderstorms (often in the same day).

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

It's been HOT. I was tired of that HOT sometime around the second week of May. Now I'm REALLY tired of it. I'm counting down the days till coolness arrives... around Nov. 1st. :)

• Like 3

So far apart from Eric it looks like most of us have dodged the bad weather so far.No rain today and plenty of sun so an outing on the Royal is in order.

• Like 2

My weather, like zlim's, has been great on the whole all summer. We've had maybe a total of five or six days of really hot weather, but the rest of the time the temperature has actually been slightly on the low side, which is great. The last two nights have been almost chilly, but the temperature will go up from today through next Wednesday according to the National Weather Service although the temps they're forecasting would be about normal for us at this time of the year as a rule. I'm crossing my fingers that the severe storms continue to miss my immediate area.

• Like 2

Here in Wales we are set for a few days or possibly even a couple of weeks of good weather. So I can finally ride the Royal on dry tarmac. An hopefully the weather will hold for me four day holiday in Devon later on in September.

How hot it will be where you live in Wales as Met Office forecasts heatwave

He he I realise that "heatwave" means different things to folk who live elsewhere. 🤣

• Like 1