Built refurbed HP Probook

Bookmem

I just finished refurbishing an HP Probook 440 G1 laptop for a total of $115.60, including the cost of the laptop.  Specs: Intel I3 4000M 2.4ghz CPU, 8gb Ram 128g SSD, 1tb HDD, new battery and AC adapter.  Replaced the optical drive with caddy for 1tb HDD.  Installed Window 11 and it activated with HP license.  The Probook was listed as class C but that was because it lacked HDD, Battery and AC and only had 4gb RAM. I added another 4gb. There was very little signs of wear.  I'm going to add Karaoke and DJ collection and sell it for about $350.

Edited by Bookmem
  • Like 2
  • +1 2

Hello,

Given that the machine has a processor that isn't supported by Windows 11, wouldn't it be better to install Windows 10?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Given that the machine has a processor that isn't supported by Windows 11, wouldn't it be better to install Windows 10?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Windows 11 works fine.  Why would I want an oldeer OS?  MS's desire to limit 11 to advanced CPUs to make their job easier, is not my priority.

Hello,

While it works now, it is possible it might stop working all of a sudden in the future.  On the other hand, Windows 10 does support the hardware and it will be supported until at least October 2025.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

While it works now, it is possible it might stop working all of a sudden in the future.  On the other hand, Windows 10 does support the hardware and it will be supported until at least October 2025.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

You have your MS biased opinion and I have my opinion.  I'm not going to switch, so end of discussion.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:06 AM, Bookmem said:

You have your MS biased opinion and I have my opinion.  I'm not going to switch, so end of discussion.

Really Bookmem? This is how you respond to someone on this forum? 

20 hours ago, crp said:

Really Bookmem? This is how you respond to someone on this forum? 

It is the only way I've found to deal with someone who always pushes the MS agenda.  I didn't ask for advice on which version was best for my project.  I'm crotchy 84 yr old and don't have time to waste on debates going nowhere.

Edited by Bookmem