Merry Christmas...Santa's Ride Of The Year is upon us!

Hedon James

Just wanted to take a quick moment to tell everyone here at BATL "Merry Christmas" and to share a little Christmas ditty that was just completed yesterday.  A quick backstory...

I've always found traditional Christmas Classics kinda boring and blase. I've always preferred the road less travelled, off the beaten path, the unconventional, the quirky. Just 1 short week ago, a childhood friend posted an original poem that I felt tells a familiar story, but from a new and novel perspective. And it even made me chuckle a little. I asked him for permission to use his Christmas poem as song lyrics and put some original music with it, for a new and novel ROCKING Christmas song, to which he quickly replied "have at it!" I didn't have much time to conjure something up, as I only saw his poem a week ago, which didn't leave me much time to work up, practice, and record guitars, bass, and drum tracks; not to mention mix & master.  My musical tastes aren't everyone's cup of tea, but who doesn't like a good Christmas song?!  Maybe Sunrat & VT will enjoy more than most?  LOL!  Regardless, Merry Christmas to all, and brace yourself for Santa's impending Ride Of The Year!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.

P.S. no offence but as to Christmas music I think I prefer Bing Crosby's White Christmas. 😘

No offense taken!  I'm fully aware I'm not everyone's cup of tea.  I am an acquired taste.  How boring this world would be if we all liked the same things, in the same way?!

• Agree 1
  • +1 1