Mozilla Firefox Version 105.0.1 Released with Update

Corrine

V.T. Eric Layton

Hee-Hee!

I like that Moz is staying on top of things, it's just that it's a wee bit troublesome each time I have to update because the newest version of FF is not available in my version of Slackware (they utilize ESR version only), so that means I have to manually d-load and build the app myself. It's just a little bit of typing in the command line; not a big deal... unless you have to do it every other day. ;)

• Like 1

I like the ESR version because I only have to do updates when there is a security issue.

FF ESR remains at 102.3 because the above update is not for security.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

The reason I stopped using the ESR in Slackware is because the version in Slackware 14.2 was quite old. You know Slackware... it's common to have old versions of software in their repos because those versions and staid and stable.

Anyway, I upgraded FF to 105.0.1 earlier this morning when I first started up the system. I'm up-to-date... for the moment. ;)

Oh, and if anyone is wondering why I haven't upgraded my Slackware OS to the newest v15, it's because I don't like some changes that were made by Xfce (my desktop environment of choice). Eventually, I'll have to upgrade Slackware, though. For not now it's fine... 14.2 is still being maintained by the Slackware gang.

___

Edited for misspelling.