Adios Archbang, hello Andy

wa4chq

Good afternoon all.  Well, I decided to put the spare partiton to good use.  I originally installed Archbang, but other than having fun tricking it out, I probably wouldn't be using it all that much.  Since I'm a hamsters nerd, I decided to go with  "Andy's Ham Radio Linux".  It is a working distro, loaded with ham radio applications and other goodies hat work right out of the box.  It's really geared for the guys who enjoy doing digital modes.  I'm mostly CW (morse) but do like getting weather faxes and decoding Hi Speed CW bulletins from W1AW.  The only issue is after it's done installing, it asks if you'd like to reboot or to continue testing it.  You have to select that you want to continue testing, otherwise when you go to reboot, you cannot log in with your password.  After selecting to continue testing, you have to open up a terminal and delete the default user.  After that, you are good to go.  Everyone enjoy their Sunday.  73 de wa4chq

• +1 1