Windows 10 Version 21H2 Available for Broad Deployment

Corrine

Microsoft has made Windows 10 version 21H2 available for broad deployment. With Windows 10, version 20H2 reaching end of service on May 10, 2022, it is strongly recommended that devices running the Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations editions update to version 21H2.

For instructions on how to get the update to version 21H2, see How to get the Windows 10 November 2021 Update

In the event your device is fairly new, you should strongly consider upgrading to Windows 11.  Use the PC Health Check App to find out if your device is eligible for the upgrade to Windows 11.

• 3 weeks later...

My apology for the late reply, crp.  I've been a Windows Insider testing the new Microsoft Builds since Windows 10 was first released.  Although I'm down to one working device (the replacement laptop I got 1.5 years ago), I have been testing Windows 11 Beta Builds since the first release as well.

The reason for that bit of background is to make it clear that I have had zero issues with Windows 11, although it certainly helps that I have a relatively new PC.  If your PC is eligible for Windows 11, I see no reason not to upgrade from Windows 10.  

• 3 weeks later...

The W10 21H2 has gone off without a hitch at work , regardless of the pc's cpu (even i3 3rd gen) and graphics system. 

I have W11 on a home pc, didn't want it , the system was actually advertised as W10. Gotta say, so far I do not like the interface changes.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 12:52 PM, crp said:

The W10 21H2 has gone off without a hitch at work , regardless of the pc's cpu (even i3 3rd gen) and graphics system. 

I have W11 on a home pc, didn't want it , the system was actually advertised as W10. Gotta say, so far I do not like the interface changes.

My impression is that the whole reason for Win 11 is to force implementation of the security measures.  And everything else is just window dressing to help sell it to the public.  A lot of change just for change sake, which is actually frustrating.  Making people learn a new of doing the same things they've been doing for years.  Just when you think you've learned where everything is,  they move it all around and say it's "NEW".

• Like 1