Lots of Company; No One Posting

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I see a whole bunch of folks logged in right now:

V.T. Eric Layton, raymac46, frapper, Corrine, securitybreach...

... but no one posting. What are y'all waiting for? Christmas*? ;)

___

*old Duke Nukem joke

• Like 1

securitybreach

Well some of us are always here due to pinned tabs and I post to the Funny image post daily. I just haven't seen anything latetly worthy of posting.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

And POOF! Everyone's gone. Just lonely me now. ;)

2 hours ago, securitybreach said:

I'm still here ;)

Me too.  I have a tab open here all day and refresh it periodically to check for anything new.

securitybreach
1 minute ago, Corrine said:

Me too.  I have a tab open here all day and refresh it periodically to check for anything new.

I have actually kept three tabs open for many years, BATL, Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today and the Admin portal.

I'm just training myself not to post here since we seem to be heading towards the last weeks.

( landzdown not thrilling me, evidently open ended threads are frowned upon or not allowed. )

3 hours ago, securitybreach said:

I have actually kept three tabs open for many years, BATL, Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today and the Admin portal.

speaking of BATL,  why in the world did RH go to firewallid to replace iptables?

iptables was fine, firewallid is messy , complicated and unfriendly .

Edited by crp

securitybreach
5 hours ago, crp said:

speaking of BATL,  why in the world did RH go to firewallid to replace iptables?

iptables was fine, firewallid is messy , complicated and unfriendly .

No clue, I havent used redhat in years. Redhat is an enterprise distro so complicated and unfriendly is normal. It's why they offer paid support for their distro.

7 hours ago, crp said:

( landzdown not thrilling me, evidently open ended threads are frowned upon or not allowed. )

Please provide an example of what you're referring to.  The rules there are straight-forward and the Lounge is the equivalent to the Restaurant here.  

image.thumb.png.c0b208f84aa67c71b5efb6211929ee7a.png

Not much activity and no long threads like the "Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today " thread here. Each joke is separate , a couple are catagories. But nothing that keeps you in one place to just easily scroll through.

image.thumb.png.6e45b3b7581a0ef69fad44a745e0a323.png

same here, no long threads like the " Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today " or "Cool Music Videos" here.

13 hours ago, securitybreach said:

No clue, I havent used redhat in years. Redhat is an enterprise distro so complicated and unfriendly is normal. It's why they offer paid support for their distro.

Actually using Fedora and CentOS , but your thought applies. So annoying.

• Agree 1

securitybreach
2 minutes ago, crp said:

Actually using Fedora and CentOS , but your thought applies. So annoying.

Fedora is a bit more user friendly but last time that I played with it, I had to add a bunch of custom repos for a lot of packages. Redhat and CentOS are basically an industry standard as far as linux distros so it is nice to learn how the distro works compared to others.

1 hour ago, crp said:

Not much activity and no long threads like the "Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today " thread here. Each joke is separate , a couple are catagories. But nothing that keeps you in one place to just easily scroll through.

1 hour ago, crp said:

same here, no long threads like the " Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today " or "Cool Music Videos" here.

I guess you missed where I posted at Trouble at Scot's? (landzdown.com), "Feel free to create a "Funniest thing I saw . . ." in the Jokes forum or some other favorite topic in the Lounge here as well as what I wrote in your "Welcome" thread at Welcome, crp! (landzdown.com):  "Actually, I was wondering if someone was going to start a "Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today" in the Jokes forum or Lounge.  Feel free to start an "Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today" here in the Lounge if you wish." 

• Like 1