Syncthing --- a continuous file synchronization program.

abarbarian

Syncthing

Syncthing is a continuous file synchronization program. It synchronizes files between two or more computers in real time, safely protected from prying eyes. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, whether it is shared with some third party, and how it's transmitted over the internet.

Portable. Configure and monitor Syncthing via a responsive and powerful interface accessible via your browser. Works on Android,Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, OpenBSD, and many others. Run it on your desktop computers and synchronize them with your server for backup.

Apart from all the obvious features is the fact that this works with all your devices a truly cross platform program.

I have a pc and a backup laptop and intend using syncthing to keep my KeePassXC password folder up to date on both machines. Not a world shattering use but it will certainly be of great use if my main pc goes down and I need to access stuff on the net from the Tough Book.

Here are a couple of comments I culled from the Google Play android version.

This is a great, free and open source software for synchronizing files. It's great for backups, as well as making notes, password manager databases, photos etc. available on multiple mobile devices and computers.

This app really is the swiss army knife of syncing files. It's a little complicated to setup but once it's setup it works great. I use this to keep a copy of all my photos and videos backed up to my Qnap NAS. Works like a champ.

My preferred file synchronizer. Works great. With Android 11, synchronizing to an external SD card is fixed. (This pain point was caused by Android OS policy in previous versions, and was out of Syncthing's control.) Hear hear for a great tool!

Fantastic, very helpful at keeping control of your own files. Take advantage of all that extra disc space you have on various computers to make your own backups and share files with your family. There are many YouTube videos to help you get it set up and working. Lots of choices for managing battery...

Google Play version

F-Droid version

Arch Linux version

The program is used from a WebUI or the command line but there is a handy GUI for linux users,

Syncthing-GTK

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4b

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f34

There are a ton of videos out there which cover all aspects of syncthing.

All in all a very useful tool, and it is free so don't forget to donate if you use it.

Enjoy

😎