ugh

crp

allow authorised public health bodies and medical organisations to create a digital vaccination record, which can then be stored on a user’s smartphone.

I don't give my smartphone number to ANYONE!

If they don't have it, they can't contact me on it.

I also do not install every app that business places want me to install. We had to call Comcast support late Sunday evening and the support person asked if I had the Xfinity app. I told her no plus the fact that my husband uses an old flip phone.

3 hours ago, zlim said:

I don't give my smartphone number to ANYONE!

If they don't have it, they can't contact me on it.

I also do not install every app that business places want me to install. We had to call Comcast support late Sunday evening and the support person asked if I had the Xfinity app. I told her no plus the fact that my husband uses an old flip phone.

Yeah, another one of my pet peeves.  I don't do "apps" on my phone except for Uber.  I have tablets for running apps.  But don't do internet buying, selling or banking even on my tablets.  I use those devices on public wifi hotspots and don't trust them at all.  I get peeved when I'm online at home, using one of my desktops, and some site insist I "download our app".  I don't want your &)^&(&(* app!!!  

• Agree 2
  • +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do not use mobile apps for banking at all. i do use my phone for emails (reading - mostly triage, and non important replies.), Uber, WhatsApp and Waze. There is one site that i browse on my phone. And i use a vpn when using any Wifi.

As for the "need to download our app" problem, that is one thing that I am looking forward to Win11

5 hours ago, crp said:

I do not use mobile apps for banking at all. i do use my phone for emails (reading - mostly triage, and non important replies.), Uber, WhatsApp and Waze. There is one site that i browse on my phone. And i use a vpn when using any Wifi.

As for the "need to download our app" problem, that is one thing that I am looking forward to Win11

I've got Windows 11.  What is the "one thing"?

17 hours ago, crp said:

running Android apps on the pc.

From what I can tell, it only runs "selected" apps found in the Microsoft Store.  Is there a way to just install from an apk file?

On 7/21/2021 at 12:06 PM, Bookmem said:

From what I can tell, it only runs "selected" apps found in the Microsoft Store.  Is there a way to just install from an apk file?

Unless you can install apks "from unknown sources", it isn't true Android IMO.  Otherwise your content is controlled by one of the monster corps, Google, Amazon, MS or Apple.  Not my cup of tea!😝