Microsoft Edge Now Has More Users than Firefox!

Corrine

Although the percentage is small, there are now more users of Microsoft Edge than Firefox.  From New Microsoft Edge grew 1,300% this year, overtaking Firefox:

The new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser has grown by over 1,300% in the past 12 months, while the Firefox browser is slowly losing its market share.

In January 2020, Microsoft released the first stable version of the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser and announced that they would slowly release it to Windows 10 users. Unless users created special Windows Registry values, the new Edge would replace Microsoft Edge Legacy when installed.

As the new Microsoft Edge uses the same engine as Google Chrome, the browser quickly grew in popularity as it provides excellent performance, features. and can use all of Chrome's existing extensions.

More info at the source.

• Like 1

One problem Chromium has is that you can no longer sync your bookmarks and settings from Chrome. I used to do this all the time. I have worked around it by syncing Firefox and then importing the Firefox settings and bookmarks into Chromium.

Chrome is a must have for me because the grandkids use the Google Workplace suite to collaborate in distance education. They use my machines when they visit us.

Edited by raymac46

securitybreach

I fixed that issue by using Eversync extension. It works just fine but I am still a bit irked that Google chose to not allow Chromium users to sign into the browser. 

• Thanks 2