fixing unmet dependencies

réjean

Hi again. I am still trying to install bluetooth and I am encountering some 'unmet dependencies'. How can I fix them?

ejean-G41MT-S2P:~$ sudo apt-get install bluetooth bluez bluez-tools rfkill
[sudo] password for rejean:  
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree        
Reading state information... Done
bluez is already the newest version (5.50-0ubuntu1).
bluez set to manually installed.
rfkill is already the newest version (2.32-0.1ubuntu2).
rfkill set to manually installed.
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gstreamer1.0-clutter-3.0 : Depends: libclutter-1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0) but it is not going to
be installed
intltool-debian : Depends: gettext
libclutter-gst-3.0-0 : Depends: libclutter-1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0) but it is not going to be
installed
                       Depends: libcogl20 (>= 1.17.4) but it is not going to be install
ed
libclutter-gtk-1.0-0 : Depends: libclutter-1.0-0 (>= 1.23.7) but it is not going to be
installed
                       Depends: libcogl20 (>= 1.17.4) but it is not going to be install
ed
libemail-valid-perl : Depends: libnet-dns-perl but it is not going to be installed
libgdata22 : Depends: libgoa-1.0-0b (>= 3.7.90) but it is not going to be installed
python3-pymacaroons : Depends: python3-nacl (>= 1.1.2) but it is not going to be instal
led
python3-rfc3339 : Depends: python3-tz but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a sol
ution).
rejean@rejean-G41MT-S2P:~$

can't be fixed.  your version of Ubuntu is "cosmic", or version 18.10.  As in "October 2018".  Support expired 9 months after, or sometime around July 2019.  The repos no longer exist, which is why you're getting those 404 errors.  The only way out at this point is to reinstall with a CURRENT support LTS release.  The most recent was 18.04 (aka "Bionic"), but 20.04 will be released in April sometime and is already in beta or RC stages.  20.04 will probably get polished between now and then, but nothing major.  I'd look for a 20.04 beta and install that.  JMO...

https://linuxconfig.org/ubuntu-20-04-download

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

securitybreach
14 minutes ago, réjean said:

ok. so I am downloading Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and will install it later. 

It sucks but at least you will be up to date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

It sucks but at least you will be up to date.

It does suck, but in his case, it really is the path of least resistance.  it's the least amount of suck...

• Like 1

securitybreach
6 minutes ago, Hedon James said:

It does suck, but in his case, it really is the path of least resistance.  it's the least amount of suck...

True :thumbup: