V.T. Eric Layton

YIyQlhf.png

• Like 6

ichase

Well that certainly worked  Ö¿Ö¬ Thank you Eric

• Like 1
  • +1 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. It added some brightness to my day, too. Thought I'd share it. :)

• Like 1

ssherjj

Thank you for sharing @V.T. Eric Layton It cheered up my evening!😊

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Hi Sherry! It's just plain ol' Eric to you. Any friend of Corrine's is a friend of all of us here at Scots. :)

• Like 2

ssherjj

Hi Eric! Thank you...it is great to hear that! One happy family/Forum. 😎

• Agree 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Indeedly! Scot's is a special place. I'm on my 14th year here. There's no better place, as far as I'm concerned. There are busier boards. There are more technical boards. Et cetera.... but there's no nicer board to visit and interact on a daily basis. :)

• Like 1

zlim

Aw, thanks Eric. Keep 'em coming. Everyone can use a little something to brighten the day.

• Like 2

ichase

100% agree with you Eric.  Scot's is like a home away from home.   Ö¿Ö¬

• Like 4

V.T. Eric Layton

25-Funny-Animal-Pictures-That-Are-Sure-t

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

dont-worry-happy-memes.jpg

• Like 1

zlim

This makes me think of Spring!

91bee4822722873.jpg

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Heh... unfortunately, if that little doggie were running through my yard, he'd have this carp all over him...

QUERRUBR-stam-streety-dirty.jpg

I have snowdrifts of oak tree pollen all over my yard, trucks, roof of house, driveway, street, etc. at this time. Fortunately for me, I'm NOT allergic to this stuff. Everyone else around here who is, though, is miserable right now. :(

sunrat
47 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I have snowdrifts of oak tree pollen all over my yard, trucks, roof of house, driveway, street, etc. at this time. Fortunately for me, I'm NOT allergic to this stuff. Everyone else around here who is, though, is miserable right now. :(

We have a similar problem with London Plane trees in my suburb and many others in Melbourne. I think everyone's noses get a little irritated by their pollen, but for some it triggers allergies and hay fever. The councils plant them as they are very efficient in sucking pollutants out of the air and creating oxygen.

There are plans to slowly replace them - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-24/plane-trees-to-be-culled-in-melbourne-city/11635846

CkQlDWw.jpg

• Like 1
  • +1 1

zlim
Posted (edited)

Boy, do I recognize what you have Eric. Our snowdrifts of oak pollen appears in May. Since my husband and I had no experience with Oak trees before we moved here, we had no idea what it was when tons of the stuff appeared.

After viewing info about the London plane tree, I dug deeper to see if what I called sycamore is actually a London plane.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/london-planetree-vs-sycamore-85410.html

The fruits, seeds clustered into 1-inch round balls that hang on the tree through winter, usually hang individually on sycamores and in pairs on London planetrees.

So I guess I'll have to look at the seed clusters!

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

abarbarian

film documents the weaving of thousands of flowers into an ephemeral carpet in brussels

in a video titled ‘flower power’, filmmaker, director and producer joerg daiber documents the weaving of more than 500.000 flowers into an ephemeral, 1.800-square-meter carpet at brussels’ grand place. since 1971, ‘flower carpet’ (see previous coverage here) takes place every two years in the historic center of the city, where a hundred volunteer gardeners put together this monumental piece of public art in less than eight hours. though the 2020 edition has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, daiber’s recently-uploaded film of the 2018 ‘flower carpet’ offers an alternative viewers can enjoy until the next edition takes place. 

A great free movie for all especially all you old hippies  🤩