Opinions

patio

nlinecomputers
interesting point...then when somebody gets rejected...it spills over into the "public" forum, whining that they were treated unfairly.Never ends.
Well I wouldn't block access to anybody. The only reason for the "private" forum is to shield the conversation from those that are offended/annoyed by such things. It would simply be an opt in system. The only requirement is to simply ask. Jeber does raise a valid point about perceptions. There is no win in this. It was just an idea. One that might have more cons then pros for it.Personally I'm of the opinion that people should exercise self control. If they don't like subjects, don't read them. Can't be offended by what they don't read and who cares about a conversation they aren't evolved in. But I'm in the minority in that view point.

If the forums now have extra bandwidth to support other topics I would like to see some of this extra capacity used to expand the Search function to strings less than 4 characters and to not require log ins to perform Searches.Another use for the extra storage space would be to provide space for images members include in their postings. And maybe use the space for documentation related to the various hardware and software the various members use.And a Download section could be allocated to all the utilities and tools used to remove spyware. And a copy of the Ultimate CD.I'm sure there are many more ideas that will come up for the limitless capacity we now have. We could have sub-forums for Pets, Ways to Make Money, Car Repair, Motocycles, Gardening, Home Make Overs, etc. That way I could fine everything I'm interested in right here and I could delete my Google bookmark.<slap!> Whew. Thanks I needed that. B)

Getting a tad ridiculous B)
So is flogging a dead horse hoping it will get back up.I've always stated that "I never came here to argue with anyone".... But it's difficult NOT to get involved.Send me an email when you've finished.

If the forums now have extra bandwidth to support other topics I would like to see some of this extra capacity used to expand the Search function to strings less than 4 characters and to not require log ins to perform Searches.
I know you're being factitious, but Just an FYI...I seriously doubt Scots is suffering from a bandwidth problem or may face one from additional forums. A server resource (cpu) problem is another matter entirely. The big problem these forums have (especially on shared servers) is the demand on Php & mysql.Also you can search with 4 characters or less, 3 is the limit.

So is flogging a dead horse hoping it will get back up.I've always stated that "I never came here to argue with anyone".... But it's difficult NOT to get involved.Send me an email when you've finished.
Yes it is and I think we are all beating a dead horse, time to move forward. B)