Ubuntu 18.04

raymac46

I never have liked the vanilla GNOME look, but with the Shell Extensions I get a dock at the bottom of the screen and an Applications..Places menu at the top reminiscent of GNOME 2. Ubuntu 18.04 uses a shell extension now to get the old Unity look on the left side of the screen.

Even Ubuntu MATE is not immune to customization. It uses the Brisk menu which reminds me a lot of (wait for it) Xfce. Of course, MATE can be re-customized to its Traditional GNOME 2 look or even Unity if you like.

Edited by raymac46

Even Ubuntu MATE is not immune to customization. It uses the Brisk menu which reminds me a lot of (wait for it) Xfce. Of course, MATE can be re-customized to its Traditional GNOME 2 look or even Unity if you like.

That Unity look and workflow has been growing on me...

RAA4f0d.png

• Like 1

Hedon James

That Unity look and workflow has been growing on me...

RAA4f0d.png

Ahhh...another convert!